Talk to me

Little Did I Know

Dr. Kim took a chair and sat on it while she waited for the first people to arrive. She retrieved her tablet to take notes and put on her professional face to meet her clients. There was a knock on the door and two faces appeared and greeted the doctor.

 

 

 

 

 

“Have a seat on the bed please.” She said and the two followed. ‘I am Dr. Kim Hara and have been Jaemin’s doctor when he regressed.” She introduced herself.

 

 

 

 

“I am Lucas and this is my boyfriend Jungwoo, and he regressed.” Lucas introduced himself and bowed. “Jungwoo baby, introduce yourself to Dr. Kim.” Lucas told Jungwoo who smiled at the doctor.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Hi I’m Juwoo.” Jungwoo said.

 

 

 

 

 

“Nice to meet you Jungwoo! How old are you sweetheart?” Dr. Kim Asked and Jungwoo scrunched his nose and raised three fingers. “Three? Wow Jungwoo is already three.” She remarked and it made Jungwoo smile. “How are you feeling Jungwoo?” She asked and the little hummed.

 

 

 

 

 

“Want cwuddlesh.” Jungwoo said and turned to Lucas who smiled and opened an arm for Jungwoo to cuddle.

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s sweet.” She cooed. “How did you discover the condition?” She directed the question to Lucas.

 

 

 

 

 

“They just returned from their concert tour and we just returned from our own promotions in china so I wanted to visit him. We got into the dorm and I knocked on their shared bedroom to find Jungwoo and the rest of the hyungs crying.” Lucas explained.

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you crying Jungwoo?” She asked gingerly and Jungwoo’s face turned sour with creases on his forehead and lips turned into a frown.

 

 

 

“I.. I..” Jungwoo started to well up and Lucas rubbed his back in comfort.

 

 

 

 

 

‘It’s okay baby.” Lucas assured him and Jungwoo’s eyes shined with unshed tears.

 

 

 

 

‘I fweel lownely awnd Winwinie hyungie hwe .. hwe ish pwetty and juwoo cwant compware.” Jungwoo said as he looked at Lucas who gave him a reassuring smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s okay, Jungwoo is different. You’re pretty and special.” Lucas said and hugged Jungwoo.

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you know why?” She asked Lucas who nodded.

 

 

 

“It may have been caused by all the backlash he got when he joined 127 and Winwin ge was withdrawn to focus on Way V.” Lucas answered truthfully and Dr. Ki m noted that.

 

 

 

 

 

“That is understandable. The stress and tiredness got to him and probably got triggered.” Dr. Kim informed them.

 

 

 

 

 

“Winwin ge slept in the same room.” Lucas informed her.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Ah, this is interesting. We don’t want your group chemistry to be harmed, I am briefed that you are to have a group schedule, as a 21 member unit.” She said and Lucas nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“I am sure they don’t really hate each other, it’s the circumstances around them.” Lucas told her and she nodded in agreement.

 

 

 

“I believe you. Are you of legal age?” She asked and Lucas nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“I am and my parents knew of my relationship with Jungwoo.” Lucas informed her and she nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Very well Lucas, I appreciate the honesty. Luckily, the issue could be resolved by assurance that he is not a replacement. I believe that he will recover from this much as what Jaemin did but having that stress and with a member that he associates a negative thought with would and could trigger him. I don’t want Jungwoo and Winwin to fall out because I truly feel that both of them don’t have personal grudges with each other.” She said and Lucas nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“Thank you Dr. Kim.” Lucas thanked him.

 

 

 

 

 

“It will be okay, and with the love you are showing, Jungwoo should recover quickly.” She assured Lucas who smiled and thanked her once more before leaving.

 

 

 

 

 

Dr. Kim sighed, dealing with a trigger such as a bandmate is tricky and it hurts because it was not the members’ intention or fault but the situation they were at. She had her work cut out for her and when the next person came, she can’t help but smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi Renjun, how have you been?” She asked and Renjun gave him a warm smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“Been well Dr. Kim.” He replied.

 

 

 

 

 

“Who do we have here?” She asked and Sicheng gave her bright smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“This is Sicheng, Chengie say Hi to Dr Kim.” Renjun addressed Sicheng in mandarin and that surprised Dr. Kim.

 

 

 

“Hi pwetty doctor!” Sicheng greeted.

 

 

 

“In Korean baobei.” Renjun instructed and Sicheng pouted.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello pweety doctor.” Sicheng greeted with a bow.

 

 

 

 

 

“You are quite the expert huh?” Dr. Kim said and that made Renjun laugh a bit.

 

 

 

 

 

“I guess.” He replied and nudged Sicheng who was playing with the strings of Renjun’s hoodie.

 

 

 

 

 

“Is he Winwin?” Dr Kim asked and Renjun nodded. “Jungwoo may have had been triggered by this boy.” Dr. Kim informed Renjun who nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“They had an argument earlier.” Renjun informed her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sicheng, how old are you dear?” She asked and Sicheng thought for a while and counted his fingers.

 

 

 

 

 

“one, twoo, thwree. Bwaba, what is thwree in Kworean?” Sicheng asked and Renjun smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

“Three.” Renjun told him and Sicheng turned to Dr. Kim.

 

 

 

 

 

“Thwree! I awm thwree!” Sicheng proudly announced that made Dr. Kim smile.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Very Good Sicheng!” She beamed at him. “Now can you tell me what your Baba’s name is?” She asked and Sicheng nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“Bwabwa’s nwame ish Rwenjwin” Sicheng butchered Renjun’s name but it was endearing.

 

 

 

“Very Good Sicheng!” She praised the little. “Do you have any idea of his triggers?” Dr, Kim asked Renjun who nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“We heard them arguing about Jungwoo hyung’s replacing Sicheng ge. And perhaps it’s the distance Sicheng ge had with Taeil hyung. The two of them are dating.” Renjun informed her and Dr. Kim smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah, young love huh?” Dr. Kim chuckled and Renjun did as well, Dr. Kim had been monumental in his own relationship.

 

 

 

 

 

“I have a hunch but being separated that long and then reuniting could have triggered his regression.” Renjun pointed out.

 

 

 

 

 

“Taelwie hyungie ish gwoing away.” Sicheng piped up.

 

 

 

“He’s not baobei.” Renjun assured his little but Sicheng shook his head.

 

 

 

 

 

“How old is Taeil?” Dr. Kim asked.

 

 

 

 

 

“He’s 26 in Korean age.” Renjun said and Dr. Kim nodded

 

 

 

“I get the reference now.” Dr. Kim smiled and turned to Sicheng. “do you like Taeil Sicheng?” Dr. Kim asked and the little nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Twaelie hyungie is swoft and fwunny!” Sicheng remarked and Renjun had to pet his little.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well you got a nice little, he’s quite a good kid.” Dr. Kim remarked.

 

 

 

“Hear that baobei, Sicheng is a good kid! Will you be a good kid to baba?” Renjun asked and Sicheng smiled and nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ve said this to Lucas, I don’t think Sicheng dislikes any member in particular, not on a personal level at least, but the circumstances are making it stressful for him. Sicheng used to be in a group with his beloved, and that being pulled out and far apart from him can cause loneliness.” Dr. Kim stated. “IS Sicheng unhappy with Way V?” She asked and Renjun shook his head.

 

 

 

 

 

“He enjoys being with the other Chinese members, but we are his brothers and Taeil hyung is more than that.” Renjun explained.

 

 

 

 

 

“I really admire you Renjun, you are indeed a strong character and whatever lessons you’ve learned from Jaemin’s case, have made you mature beautifully.” She said and Renjun blushed and thanked her. “Sicheng would be like Jungwoo, it’s just loneliness which can be addressed by constant affection. What you did with Jaemin, just continue that.” She advised and Renjun nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll take note of that.” Renjun replied.

 

 

 

 

 

“How has Jaemin been?” She asked and Renjun smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

“He’s been busy, and that made him a bit stressed at times but Jeno and I can handle it. He’s been really good at handling his regression and for the most part, he’s just affectionate to both of us.” Renjun beamed with pride and Dr. Kim smiled at that.

 

 

 

 

 

“And he’s handling his own little now?” She asked and Renjun nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“He’s doing okay, but I do feel that one of these days hell regress too, I just hope he won’t do it while he’s with Yuta hyung.” Renjun confessed.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Yuyu hyung!” Sicheng perked up hearing Yuta’s name.

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you miss Yuta hyung?” Renjun asked and Sicheng nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

“Mwiss yuyu hyung bwut mwishh Twaelie hyungie mwore!” Sicheng remarked.

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, let’s not keep you then! I’ll see you soon Sicheng!” Dr. Kim said and Sicheng stood and waved her goodbye.