Babies

Little Did I Know

a/n: This is brought to you by the constant “Hi Babie!” By Taeil during his visit at the Houston Zoo.

 

 

----

 

The next people that entered the room was the eldest and youngest of the group, and the combination made Dr. Kim smile as she watched them settle down on the bed.

 

 

“Hello I am Dr. Kim, what’s your name?” She smiled and Taeil’s eyes lit up and smiled at him.

 

 

“bwabwie! Twaeil Bwabwie!” Taeil responded and it made Dr. Kim laugh.

 

 

“A cute baby you’ve got here.” She remarked.

 

 

“ah, he is. I am Jisung, nice to meet you Dr. Kim.” Jisung bowed a bit and Taeil mirrored him.

 

 

“Are you younger than Renjun?” She asked and Jisung nodded. “I would need your parent’s consent as you are underaged.” She informed him and Jisung nodded. “Taeil?” She asked and Taeil pouted.

 

 

“bwabwie!” Taeil huffed.

 

“Oh, Taeil baby?” She corrected herself with a laugh and the little smiled at her. “How old are you?” She asked and Taeil raised three fingers proudly.

 

 

“Bwabwie ish thwree!” Taeil replied and that was seriously too cute for Jisung who ruffled his hyung’s hair.

 

 

“So Renjun mentioned that he is the eldest?” She asked and Jisung nodded. “And he is in a relationship with Sicheng?” She asked and Taeil nodded hearing the name Sicheng.

 

 

“Swichwengie!” Taeil was hyper and it surprised both Jisung and Dr. Kim.

 

“Well they are together as a couple.” Jisung informed her. “But they haven’t been together as in the same place together and hyung is the oldest so there’s really not so much time for them to spend together.” Jisung explained. “But as for his regression, I really don’t know what triggered it.” Jisung confessed.

 

 

“It’s okay, I have a hunch. Baby?” Dr. Kim said and Taeil nodded and smiled. “Attention. Taeil baby seems to want attention.” She informed Jisung. “It would be better if you keep Sicheng and Taeil together most of the time, then we’ll go from there.” She smiled as Jisung nodded.

 

 

“Bwabwie nwot iwn twrowblwe?” Taeil asked and Jisung shook his head.

 

 

“Taeil Baby is a very good boy! Let’s play with Sichengie?” He asked and Taeil nodded enthusiastically. ‘Say thank you Dr. Kim.” He instructed and the little bowed and thanked the doctor.

 

 

The next people that came surprised him because instead of two, there were seven. Dr. Kim recognized Mark and the younger apologized because apparently, Johnny got scared and wanted to meet her with Kun and Ten together. This made Dr. Kim laugh but agreed to meet them as a trio.

 

 

“So this is Johnny, Baby boy introduce yourself.”  Mark nudge the little (a giant little) who looked at the doctor reluctantly.

 

 

“Dr. Kim won’t bite, come on baby boy.” Donghyuck urged Johnny who nodded once.

 

“Hwello, I awm Jwanie.” He said timidly.

 

 

“Hello Johnny, how old are you.” Dr. Kim asked gently.

 

 

“I awm fwour.” Johnny raised four fingers up.

 

 

“Ain’t that a big boy already?” Dr. Kim asked and Johnny shook his head.

 

 

“Want plwushwies.” Johnny said and Mark handed him one.

 

 

“Even in his normal age, he’s liked plushies.” Mark explained. “This is Donghyuck, my boyfriend and we’re both Johnny’s caregivers.” Mark explained as Donghyuck greeted the doctor.

 

 

“Nice to meet you. I guess Johnny is quite a character if it means he has two caregivers.” She commented.

 

 

“He has two boyfriends, he has a lot of affection to give.” Donghyuck informed her.

 

 

“Interesting.” She mused.

 

 

“I am Yangyang, this is Kun baobei.” Yangyang introduced himself and Dr. Kim greeted back.

 

 

“Kun?” She asked and the little blinked at her and nodded once. “How old are you honey?” She asked and Kun smiled and raised three fingers.

 

 

“Kunnie ish thwree.” Kun said proudly.

 

 

“Very good Kun.” She praised the little who giggled and blushed making Johnny pout.

 

 

“Kwunnie!” Johnny whined and Kun cocked his head to the side and looked at the older. “Cwuddlesh.” Johnny made grabby hands and Kun laughed but moved to give the older a hug.

 

 

“Kun has always been the mature one among them, he is the mother.” Yangyang explained.

 

 

“much like Jisung and Taeil hyung, Kun is the eldest Chinese member and Yangyang is the youngest in their current unit at the moment.” Mark explained.

 

 

“How adorable.” She chuckled. “You two look like you are brothers.” She turned to Hendery who laughed.

 

“We get that a lot. I am Hendery and this cutie right here is Ten.” He introduced Ten who beamed a smile at the doctor.

 

 

“Oh hi Ten, how old are you?” She asked.

 

“Thwree like Kwunnie.” He replied, still smiling.

 

 

“Can I ask Johnny and Kun to smile as well?” She asked and the two smiled as well making Dr. Kim smile and her heart warm. “You three have very pretty smiles.” She remarked and the three smiled wider.

 

 

“How are you three feeling?” She asked and Johnny called Ten over, the little scooting over to cuddle with the other two.

 

“Cwuddlwes!” Johnny cheered.

 

 

“Loud!” Kun pouted.

 

 

“Cwutwie” Ten giggled.

 

 

“Do you have any idea of their triggers?” Dr. Kim asked and the four shook their heads until Yangyang got an idea.

 

 

“Kun ge is our leader, maybe it’s the pressure?” Yangyang supplied and the rest nodded.

 

 

“It could be, it is stressful.” Mark agreed.

 

 

“Perhaps.” Dr. Kim noted it down. ‘but what about Johnny and Ten?” Dr. Kim asked and Hendery sighed.

 

 

“Ten ge’s injury?” Hendery suggested and everyone nodded.

 

 

“It could be like Jaemin’s case then?” Dr. Kim asked and all of them nodded.

 

 

“Now. I want blue!” Johnny whined and Mark sighed and ruffled Johnny’s hair.

 

“We’re going to get blue a bit later okay, Dr. Kim is talking.” Mark gently reprimanded the little. ‘Be a good boy for dada okay?” He asked and Johnny nodded, hugging Ten tighter and leaning against Kun.

 

“Hweawy!”Kun whined but Johnny continued to lean in until all three littles were laughing.

 

“kwunnie!” Ten squealed and piled on top of the poor Chinese and the three looked like they were in a royal rumble match.

 

 

“Be careful baobei.” Hendery reminded the little and Ten nodded and piled on top of Johnny instead.

 

 

“Hweawy!” Johnny whined and that made Kun shimmy out and then piled on top of Johnny next to ten. “Kwunnie hwaewy!” Johnny said and Kun suddenly stopped and then walked towards Yangyang and buried his face on the younger’s chest. Yangyang patted his back and cradled the little whose body was shaking, and they heard small sobs from the little.

 

 

“Oh, he’s really sensitive about his weight and management is strict with his diet.” Yangyang informed them.

 

Ten, who was closest to Kun in Way V, both in age and intimacy, ran towards Kun and tried to hug the sobbing little. “Kwunnie nowt hweawie!” Ten said and Hendery helped Ten to sit on the bed and properly hug Kun who was still wrapped around Yangyang.

 

 

“Is Kwunnie mwad?” Johnny blinked at Mark who shook his head.

 

 

“Kunnie isn’t mad but you hurt his feelings. You should say sorry.” Donghyuck said and Johnny nodded and sat on Yangyang’s other side and tugged on Kun’s shirt.

 

 

“Sawree.” Johnny said and Kun looked at him with tear stained face, red eyes and puffy cheeks. “kwunnie nowt Hweawie.” Johnny said and Kun looked at Yangyang who smiled and nodded at his little.

 

 

“Cwan I gwet a hwug?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded. ‘Grwup hwug!” Kun giggled and pulled Ten with him as they hugged Johnny and fell into a pile on the bed.

 

 

“Okay, we add another trigger. I would need to talk to management about this diet, I don’t think it is healthy for artists such as yourselves to such stressors, especially a leader who has a lot of responsibilities.” Dr. Kim wasn’t happy,

 

 

“Thank you for looking out for our Kun ge.” Yangyang said and bowed his head, Hendery doing the same.

 

“Take care of them, affection and proper nutrition.” Dr. Kim told them and the four nodded and hauled the three out of the room, and Kun was being pulled by Johnny while Ten was hugging him and not letting go.

 

 

“Hi, sorry to bother.” Dr. Kim looked up to see a pair who looked like babies.

 

 

“It’s not a bother, hello I am dr. Kim Hara.” She greeted them.

 

 

‘I’m Chenle and this is Jaehyun.” Chenle said and sat on the bed.

 

 

‘Are you of legal age?” She asked and Chenle shook his head. “parental consent will be requested for you.” She said and Chenle nodded. “So who do we have here?” She turned to Jaehyun who smiled and greeted her.

 

“Hello I am Jaehyun.” The little spoke and both Chenle and Dr. Kim looked at him, he had perfect speech. Chenle was sure Jaehyun was still doing baby talk earlier.

 

“How old are you Jaehyun?” She asked.

 

 

“I am six.” Jaehyun replied confidently.

 

 

‘So you are the oldest, you are the hyung!” She said and Jaehyun smiled and nodded. ‘So do you know what happened to him?” She asked Chenle who shook his head.

 

 

“When I came he was already crying because Taeyong hyung was crying.” Chenle explained. “He said he did nothing wrong, maybe he is afraid of making mistakes or being blamed?” Chenle supplied.

 

 

“I can see that as a plausible cause.” She nodded. “Hooware you feeling Jaehyun?” She asked and Jaehyun thought for a while. “I’m fine. But Doie hates me.” Jaehyun pouted.

 

“Doie?” She clarified.

 

 

“Doyoung hyung, he regressed as well. Jaehyun tired to sit next to him earlier but hyung got scared.” Chenle explained.

 

 

“Oh, this is something, I need to validate this.” She told Chenle.

 

 

“I am just confused, earlier Jaehyun’s speech isn’t this straight or perfect.” Chenle told the doctor.

 

 

“It seems that his triggers aren’t as deep as the others so his progression would probably easier than the rest.” She answered. “I do have to work on the issue with Doyoung though as it seemed to be connected to Jaehyun’s triggers or the other way around.” She continued. “I don’t think Jaehyun would have a problem recovering if the rate is this fast, just guide him as he is still a child.” She reminded Chenle who understood.

 

 

“I can do that.” Chenle assured her.

 

 

“Dr. Kim, Did I do good?” Jaehyun asked and She nodded.

 

 

“You did very well Jaehyun, you are very cooperative and honest.” She said and Jaehyun’s ears turned red as he smiled, showing his dimples. “Ah, really requires validation, a not to remember Chenle.” She said and Chene nodded.

 

 

‘Thank you Dr. Kim.” Chenle smiled and bowed.

 

“Thank You Dr. Kim.” Jaehyun said as well and Chenle led him out of the room.

 

 

This is something to think about, Dr. Kim is quite intrigued with the intricacy of this case where half the group is dealing regression with various reasons and warrying degrees. It was just luck that perhaps Jaemin regressed before so the boys did know how to handle this cases. What broke Dr. Kim’s heart though is that some repressed feelings are triggering the members and this can alter not only the group chemistry but the friendship these boys have. He just hoped that everything will turn out well like what Jaemin’s case did.

 

 

---

 

a/n: Three more cases so I hope you’ll hang in there ^^