Don't Cry Baby Boy

Little Did I Know

a/n: We’ll find out who gets to take care of who.

 

 

---

 

Jisung walked into the room and made a beeline towards Taeil who blinked at him then made grabby hands towards him. “Awwwpaaaaa” Taeil shouted at Jisung and Jisung sat next to the older and opened his arms. The youngest in the room looked at his hyungs with fear in his eyes.

 

 

“We have a situation at hand.” Lucas said and Jisung nodded.

 

 

“We handled this before, we can handle it again.” Renjun said as he cooed at Sicheng who was now calm and playing with the strings in Renjun’s hoodie.

 

 

“bwabwa sowwee.” Sicheng said and Renjun rubbed the back of the little.

 

 

“Why? Why is baobei sorry?” Renjun asked and Sicheng pouted.

 

“chengie shouted Juwoo.” Sicheng replied and Jungwoo looked up from the where he was nestled at Lucas’ lap and nodded.

 

 

“Juwoo ish soowee too.” Jungwoo said Lucas smiled at him.

 

“It’s okay baby, But why did you fight?” Lucas asked and Jungwoo sobbed and took Lucas’ fingers and played with it.

 

 

“Juwoo feelsh sad, not gwoanna replace Winwinie hyungie.” Jungwoo said and with that Taeil moved towards Sicheng and pulled the younger in a hug.

 

 

“Taeilie lwoves Sichengie!!” Taeil said and Sicheng pouted and hugged the Korean back.

 

 

“Chengiee lowves Taeilie.” Sicheng replied. “Bwabwa okay?” Sicheng asked Renjun who smiled.

 

 

“Of course.” Renjun smiled and then both turned to Jisung.

 

 

“Awpaaaa?” Taeil asked and Jisung nodded.

 

 

“Yes of course.” Jisung said and both Taeil and Sicheng smiled and cheered.

 

 

“We’re not mad baby okay? Go and be friends with Sicheng ge and Taeil hyung.” Lucas urged Jungwoo who reluctantly walked towards the two.

 

 

“Juwoo is soowwreee.” Jungwoo said to Sicheng who pouted but a nudge from Taeil made Sicheng smile and offered him to join their snuggle.

 

 

“Juwoo ish soowft.” Taeil laughed out and Sicheng laughed and hugged the younger tighter.

 

 

“Soowft.” Sicheng said as he rubbed his cheek on Jungwoo.

 

 

“Okay, weird but at least they calmed down.” Jisung remarked.

 

 

“Baobei, stay here while we fix you breakfast okay?” Renjun called out and Sicheng nodded.

 

 

“Ishcream awpaa” Taeil shouted and Jisung shook his head.

 

 

“No hyu.. I mean baby, we will eat breakfast but we’ll get ice cream when you all behave.” Jisung said and Lucas patted his back.

 

 

“Let’s go.” Lucas said and left the room.

 

 

-----

 

 

Jeno knocked on the door and he opened it slowly before he entered, What he saw broke his heart as Doyoung was curled into himself and his thumb as he cried silently. Jeno slowly approached the figure and called out the name softly. Doyoung blinked and looked at Jeno before returning to his thumb silently as tears fell from his eyes.

 

 

“Doie?” Jeno tried again and this time Doyoung looked at Jeno and offered a hand to the younger. “Is Doie okay?” Jeno asked, voice soft and comforting as he had always did when Jaemin regressed. Doyoung shook his head making Jeno sigh. “Want to tell me what’s wrong Doie?” Jeno asked and Doyoung moved towards Jeno to burry his face on the younger’s chest but still did not talk. Jeno panicked because this was unusual, the trauma on Doyoung must be great that he can’t speak of it.

 

 

“Would Doie like to have breakfast.” Jeno asked and Doie shook his head. ‘Come on baby, you need to eat. Appa’s hungry, join me?” Jeno asked and pouted his lips which he knew Doyoung couldn’t even refuse and it seems that Little Doie can’t refuse too because the little sniffled and wiped his eyes and cheeks poorly with his clean hand and nodded to Jeno.

 

Jeno smiled and took some tissues from the night stand to properly clean Doyoung’s face, sweetly and softly like a true father to his son. Jeno had been the receiving end of Doyoung’s affection and now that the older is in need of care and affection, he would be willingly provide that.

 

When Jeno deemed that Doyoung was presentable, he gently led the little out of the room and towards the living room where Yuta was sitting on the couch unsupervised. Jeno walked and stopped in front of Yuta and then waved at him. Yuta waved back wth a smile and stood to walk over.

 

 

“Doie!!!” Yuta squeaked and the younger of the two hid behind Jeno. “Doie mwad at Yuyu?” Yuta was tearing up and Jeno wasn’t sure f he can handle two littles at this point but the arrival of Jaemin and Mark with tons of take out saved him.

 

 

“Yuyu, come here and help Appa.” Jaemin voice can be heard but he stopped as he looked at Jeno and Doyoung.

 

 

“Doie hwatesh Yuyu.” Yuta pouted as he approached Jaemin.

 

 

Jaemin locked eyes with Jeno and that’s all it took for Jaemin to understand.

 

 

“Doie doesn’t hate Yuyu okay baby? Doie is just scared just like you when you saw appa’s friends.” Jaemin explained, placing the bags on the table and sitting on the floor, tapping the space next to him for Yuta to sit.

 

 

“Not mawd at Yuyu?” Yuta asked and Jaemin shook his head.

 

 

“Go ask uncle Jeno.” Jaemin instructed and Yuta turned to Jeno.

 

 

“Unclew not mwad?” Yuta asked and Jeno shook his head.

 

 

“Can we sit down Yuyu?” Jeno asked and yuta nodded with a happy smile.

 

 

“Doie.” Yuta pointed to the space next to him so Jeno maneuvered the little to do just that. Doyoung panicked but Jeno reassured him as he sat next to the little and helped Jaemin unpack.

 

 

“You two got this? I’ll check on the others.” Mark said and made his way towards the other rooms just as Lucas, Renjun and Jisung left the bedroom. “Food’s here. Jeno and Jaemin are unpacking it, better help them before we bring out the hyungs.’ Mark informed them and the three nodded.

 

 

----

 

Xiaojun and Chenle knocked before they entered the room and when they did, they were greeted with both Taeyong and Jaehyun crying loudly from their beds.

 

 

“Hyung?” Chenle asked and Jaehyun turned to him and ran towards the youngest and held his hand.

 

“bwabwa” Jaehyun sobbed. “hyungie cwries, not hyunies fwault.” Jaehyun said and Chenle’s eyes went wide.

 

 

“It’s okay.” Chenle wasn’t confident of his voice.

 

“Rweeally?” Jaehyun blinked at him and Chenle nodded.

 


“Xiaojun ge will check on Taeyong hyung okay?” Chenle said and led Jaehyun to sit on the bed and ran a hand on the little’s hair to calm him down while Xiaojun talked to Taeyong.

 

Xiaojun took careful steps towards Taeyong and once he was seated on the bed, he gently patted Taeyong’s head, making the older look at him with teary eyes. “Taeyongie?” Xiaojun asked and the little nodded and wiped the tears off of his face and sat up.

 

 

“Bwabwa. You’re hwere.” Taeyong said and Xiaojun smiled and placed a hand on Teyong’s cheek.

 

 

“Yes aegi, baba is here.” Xiaojun assured the little and Taeyong wrapped himself onto the Chinese.

 

 

“Yongie scwared, Bwabwa ish gwone.” Taeyong sobbed and Xiaojun sighed and ran his hand on his hair.

 

“No aegi, baba is not gonna leave.” Xiaojun assured him and that made Taeyong calm down his sobs and close his eyes to take a nap.

 

 

---

 

Johnny was confused when he woke up, he eyed the two bodies next to him and raised a brow, why are they here? Where are their dads? When Kun woke up and  blinked at Johnny, he started feeling overwhelmed and started to cry. Johnny wanted to make him stop but Kun cried louder, that prompted Ten to wake up from the noise and started to cry along with Kun. The sounds gave Johnny headache and soon after, he was crying along with the other two.

 

Donghyuck, Yangyang and Hendery entered the room to find them in chaotic crying. Each member ran to get to the older, latching themselves to the littles to calm them down. Ten immediately calmed down seeing Hendery, reduced to sniffing as Hendery cradled him.

 

 

Donghyuck was pulled by Johnny who was looking for his dad. Donghyuck was confused but once he realized that Dad pertained to Mark, Donghyuck smiled and rubbed his nose on Johnny’s nose. “Markie is preparing breakfast, want to eat baby boy?” Donghyuck asked and being called like that made Johnny stop crying and nodded happily.

 

“Kun ge?” Yangyang said and Kun shook his head. “Kun baobei?” Yangyang tried again and the older nodded. “Do you know me?” Yangyang asked and Kun wiped his cheek with the back of his hand.

 

“Yangie Bwabwa!” Kun replied and Yangyang smiled and nodded.

 

 

“Very good baobei!” Yangyang praised the little. “Why are you crying Kunnie?” Yangyang asked and then sniffled.

 

 

“Jwanie scwared me.” Kun said and Johnny looked up from Donghyuck.

 

 

“Swaree Kunie gowt scwared.” Johnny said with kicked puppy face.

 

“Jwanie cwuittiee.” Ten giggled but Johnny pouted at him.

 

 

“Awm not.” Johnny said.

 

 

“Cutie!” Kun giggled and Johnny pouted.

 

 

“Awppa ish Jwanie cutie?” Johnny asked and Donghyuck chuckled and nodded.

 

“Yeah, Johnny is cutie.” Donghyuck sad and Johnny pouted.

 

“No.” Johnny replied and the others chuckled while Ten and Kun chanted cutie making Johnny flustered.

 

“Breakfast is here.” Mark called out and upon seeing him, Johnny bounded up to him and hugged him tightly.

 

“Dada!” Johnny screamed out and Mark was surprised but made eye contact with Donghyuck then sighed.

 

“Yeah, baby boy, want to eat breakfast?” Mark asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“No breakfwast for Kunie and Tennie.” Johnny pouted and Mark laughed nervously.

 

 

“Johnny baby, we got to share breakfast with your friends.” Mark said, choosing his words wisely.

 

 

“But bwullies mwe.” Johnny pouted.

 

 

“Ten and Kun called him Cute.” Donghyuck informed Mark who chuckled.

 

 

Johnny is cute.” Mark said in English and Johnny gasped then pouted. “Like Blue! Blue is cute right?” Mark asked and Johnny smiled and nodded.

 

 

Blue is cute like Jwanie”  Johnny said and that made Mark laugh at how adorable Johnny was acting.

 

Great that’s settled but I am hungry.” Yangyan said and Mark almost forgot that Yangyang and Hendery can speak English.

 

 

“Come on then.” Hendery said and they all left the room with their respective littles who were excited to eat breakfast.

 

 

 

----

 

 

The living room was chaotic when all 21 where there, half of them where regressed to an age of less than 5. Mark and Lucas eyed each other and Mark sighed. “Guess the Dreamies will take care of the hyungs.” Mark announced and Lucas grinned.

 

 

“Dream man!” Lucas was happy to be called a Dream member making the others groan at the enthusiasm of the oldest.

 

 

“Louwd awppa!” Jungwoo pouted and Lucas immediately apologized and fed Jungwoo some rice and soup.

 

“Yuyu!” Taeyong called out and the little smiled and waved the older over, Taeyong immediately sat by Yuta’s back and hugged him making Jaemin cringe but they all knew Yuta and Taeyong are married since pre-debut so they can’t really tear them apart, regressed or not.

 

 

“Yongie!” Yuta giggled and Jaemin made eye contact with Xiaojun.

 

 

“At least they are tame.” Xiaojun shrugged and offered a spoonful of rice to Taeyong. “Eat aegi.” Xiaojun said and Taeyong pouted but took the food. “You too Yuyu.” Xiaojun urged and Jaemin raised a spoon for him.

 

 

“Gosh this is a reverse now.” Jaemin uttered and they heard a few groans.

 

 

“I don’t mind, I mean our hyungs took care of us, it’s about time we do.” Jeno spoke and that hushed everyone. Jeno then turned to Doyoung who was sitting next to Yuta but was still silent and not saying a word. “I just want them to get well.” Jeno said and raised a spoon to Doyoung. “Doie aegi, aaah” Jeno said gently and the little opened his mouth a bit and took the spoonful of food. “Very good aegi.” Jeno patted the boy’s head and Doyoung smiled a little and lowered his head as he chewed.

 

 

“Let’s asses the situation when our managers arrive.” Mark informed them. “I also asked them to contact Jaemin’s psychologist to check on them.” Mark added and everyone nodded.

 

 

“Each has their little associated with them?” Lucas asked and everyone nodded. “Have you tried asking them for their ages?” Lucas asked and everyone shook their heads. “I guess we better do that next.” Lucas said in finality.

 

After they had their breakfast, the little were all hyper and wanted to do a lot of things making the dorm room loud. Renjun sighed but essentially put his foot down and talked to the littles with enough authority to settle them down. They put a Disney movie on and promised the littles apple juice and pop corn later if they behave. Yuta and Taeyong were the first to settle by the couch, with Taeyong’s back leaning on the foot of the couch and Yuta sitting between his legs. Jaemin rolled his eyes at the two but if that would settle them, then so be it.

 

Johnny demanded to get his plushies and Mark had to roll his eyes but accompanied the little to get three of the toys because sharing is caring and both Tennie and Kunnie should have cuddlies too, Johnny’s words. Once they were back, Johnny squeezed himself between Kun and Ten and handed each a plushie to which the tow gladly took and thanked Johnny. Donghyuck chuckled as he pulled Mark next to him but it was all good and Mark would endure this if it means helping his hyung recover.

 

Jungwoo sat next to Lucas, the little snuggling close to his caregiver and basking in the warmth Lucas radiated with. It raised no questions though because the two had been dating before the regression and it seemed normal to have them this intimate with each other.

 

 

Sicheng and Taeil sat next to each other and were pretty tame, lest for the occasional nudges and whines from Taeil when Sicheng did not give him attention. Doyoung on the other hand was a different case because he did not leave Jeno’s side and would hide behind him whenever someone approached him unless it’s Yuta, Johnny, Kun or Ten. He still did not talk even to Jeno who was worrying too much because when Jaemin regressed, he was still talking. But when Jaehyun tried to sit next to Doyoung, the older whimpered and hid on Jeno’s neck and sobbed. That prompted Jaehyun to sob as well and Chenle had to pull the little towards him to console him and assure him that Doyoung didn’t hate him.

 

 

During the course of the movie, their managers came in with Dr. Kim Hara who greeted them with a warm smile. Mark talked to the doctor and managers by the kitchen, explaining the best he could of the situation and how they haven’t figured out the clear ages of the littles.

 

“Are there any relationships that I should be aware of?” Dr. Kim asked and Mark nodded.

 

 

“Among the group, Lucas and Jungwoo are together, so I am not sure how that will play in the age regression. We do have our own relationships, not just with the littles. What I am most worried though is that Doyoung hyung is the only one who isn’t talking to anyone, even to his associated caregiver.” Mark informed them and Dr. Kim nodded.

 

 

“Thank you for the honesty Mark.” She said and turned to the managers. ‘We’ll need to asses each of their ages and the extent of their regression. But most importantly, we need to know the stressors to address them. Although they regressed at the same time, it won’t mean that they’ll progress at the same time. I will suggest to rearrangement of sleeping accommodations given this situation. Now anyone under the age of consent?” Dr. Kim asked and the managers nodded.

 

 

“There are two and we will contact them once we figure things out.” One of the manager said and Dr. Kim nodded.

 

 

‘I need a private room where I can talk to the patients with their associated caregivers. Let’s start with the least perceived damage.” She instructed and one of the managers led her to a bedroom, Taeyong’s and Jaehyun’s, while the other fetched Lucas and Jungwoo.

 

“We got through Jaemin, we’ll get through this one.” One of the managers told Mark who sighed but nodded.

 

“We’ll get through this.” Mark said with conviction.

 

 

---

 

a/n: Hi. I know that it is a little messed up with all that’s been happening with the littles but we will take a bit of it each. Just one thing is sure, Doyoung has the most damage at the moment.

Thank you for giving this story a chance.