Prologue

Little Did I Know

 

Taeyong didn’t know how it happened but as he returned to his shared room to sleep, he felt his head aching and his world spinning. There was immense pressure with his group performing well now that SHINee and EXO are in their enlistment stage. The constant meetings with the management to select the songs and concept for the album took a tool on his already tired brain, coming fresh from the world tour. He figured that he could take a rest and sleep it off, but something was really off with him.

 

 

Jaehyun just finished his shower when he entered the room and although he wanted to wake up Taeyong for the older to clean up, he didn’t want to wake up the older knowing that he was dead  tired with all the stuff he was handling as NCT’s acting leader. Sure, Kun was there to help as only the two had been identified as leaders in their growing group, but all Korean promotions fall in the hands of Taeyong. A good sleep would be good for his leader, so he just went to bed and rested his equally tired body.

 

But he couldn’t really do so, not with his mind thinking of what he did wrong to warrant such cold shoulder from Doyoung. He knew the older was avoiding him and just being professional with him, but the reason for it? he was not really sure. It hurts him because Doyoung is a hyung that he trusts so much but can’t seem to hold something decent with like bonding time or just casual hanging out. What did he do wrong?

---

 

 

Kun was not feeling well and even though he was lying between Johnny and Ten after finally having the same schedules, he couldn’t help but feel the anxiousness in his core. The expectations for WayV is quite high as the management wanted to penetrate the Chinese Market more than ever, yet their success wasn’t really quenching those expectations. Kun understood what was at stake and the upcoming 2019 unit being formed is really going to affect his team negatively as they are essentially promoting in Korea but he was assured of the loopholes of the Chinese laws and why WayV had been established in the first place.

 

 

“Sleep baobei.” Ten muttered, holding him tightly and burying his face on the older’s shoulder.

 

 

“Ten’s right baobei.” Johnny said, ruffling Kun’s hair and kissing his temple, making Kun sigh in content.

 

 

“Okay, I will sleep.” Kun said and made himself comfortable in a bed meant for two but is currently being occupied by three, and one of them is a giant.

 

---

 

Yuta should be sleeping by now given that he is an early sleeper, but there have been certain thoughts running through his brain that has been keeping him up for quite some time now, the impending Osaka unit. He had been meeting with the management and he knew the responsibilities that will be given to him once the unit had debuted, yet one of his concerns was leaving 127 temporarily, specifically Taeyong who he had been in a relationship for a couple of years now. He hadn’t told Taeyong about anything at all, he knew the older has a lot to think about and he didn’t want to add to the burden he sighed as he closed his eyes and hopefully, things will get a little better.

 

 

---

 

Johnny watched his two lovers as they slept and sighed. He loved them both and its been really wonderful being with them but it really pained him to miss out on a lot about them given that they are in two different units that rarely interact due to stupid laws bound to restrict freedom of both countries in terms of fair trade. He missed both badly and looking how tired and pressured Kun was, he really wanted to take a bit of the burden from him.

 

 

But he knew that he couldn’t do so much given that in the next 2 years, him, Mark and Jaehyun would spearhead an American unit while Ten would be leading a South East Asian unit to promote SM Indonesia. It really was difficult for them three, connected yet far apart. He wished NCT wasn’t this concept of globalization and domination, he wished he could just have one unit and all of them promote together. But he also knew that NCT system wouldn’t be enforced, the three of them wouldn’t even get a chance to debut.

 

It was really something that bothered Johnny more than he would let on. The lines and screen time? He can live with that, but not being able to debut with his two lovers in a unit, it was a nightmare.

 

 

----

 

Jungwoo looked at the shared bed of Winwin and Taeil and felt guilty. He really was just a substitute and how he was introduced really pissed of the majority of Winwin stans. Jungwoo new his Winwin hyung had nothing against him personally but looking at how happy Taeil was to have Winwin back in his arms, he really can’t help it; he had stood in a way of someone’s happiness.

 

Jungwoo really felt bad about their situation, and he didn’t really want to replace someone; he knew his place in this industry but sometimes he really wished he hadn’t been included in the 127 unit if it meant he won’t be labelled as a replacement.

 

 

---

 

Sicheng would always want to return to Taeil no matter what everyone else thinks of their dynamics. Taeil knew him best aside from Kun and Yuta, and he only could only confide n the older. Sicheng was frowning as Taeil stared at him and they both knew why, it was written all over his face.

 

 

“You’re leaving.” Sicheng whispered and Taeil sighed.

 

 

“I still have four years Chengie.” Taeil responded.

 

 

“We can’t even spend time together.” Sicheng pouted and Taeil kissed that away.

 

 

“Look on the bright sides, you got more decent lines now.” Taeil tried to pacify the younger who pouted.

 

“I’d rather have no lines and perform next to you than get a whole stanza and be an ocean away.” Sicheng uttered, burying his face on Taeil’s neck and inhaling his boyfriend’s scent like a drug.

 

 

“I know baobei, I know.” Taeil tightened his grip on SIcheng and willed himself not to cry because he knows Sicheng would follow after.

 

 

 

----

 

Doyoung would be lying if he said that he wasn’t avoiding Jaehyun. He had been reading comments about them, about how weird their chemistry is, like they hated each other and just forced themselves for fan service. It hurts because although his intentions were true and would give the world to Jaehyun, the reciprocal is not true.

 

 

He sighed and turned to his side, and felt tears fell from his eyes knowing that he had been keeping the sadness inside him. It’s not Jaehyun’s if he doesn’t swing the other way but dismissing Doyoung’s feelings when he told everyone that they are brothers at most really struck a chord at Doyoung’s sensitivity. The past world tour had made it clear what Doyoung is to Jaehyun so with even if it was difficult, Doyoung had to let go and break the illusion that one day, Jaehyun can return his feelings.

 

 

He closed his eyes and felt a tear fell from his eyes, he’ll make it work eventually.

 

---

 

Ten had been feeling small and vulnerable ever since he had the surgery for his knee. It has been an up and down dealing with SM’s but this was his dream and he will pursue it. He had been thrilled with the offer of Leading the South East Asian unit of NCT but he had his issues to deal with. He was having self esteem issues since Way V because he is not at all confident of himself after being attacked on the bare minimum that he did. It’s not surprising to have anti fans but Ten was sensitive to begin with and if Johnny or Kun had never wxisted and took him in, he could’ve fallen to depression.

 

This is a side that he don’t want people to know but thankfully, Hendery who had been his best friend since he started learning Chinese, had helped him every step of the way; even helping him with his relationship issues and cheering him on.

 

Ten would have had left Johnny and Kun as he viewed himself the third wheel but Hendery, bless his brother from another mother, had sat him down and told him bluntly about how polyamory worked and how he, Yangyang and Xiaojun are working through it despite the hardships they are getting into. Ten had smiled and hugged Hendery at that time and believed that age is not a measure of maturity.

 

But here he is, wrapped in Kun and Johnny’s hand weighed on his torso, thinking of how he could be better for them and how to not disappoint them. He felt really small and irrelevant, and when he did succumbed to tiredness, all he wanted was cuddles and kisses.

 

 

 

----

Mark had been hungry and he knew by this time, Taeyong and maybe Kun had already prepared breakfast for the and he could take some to bring to the Dreamies dorm. But as soon as he was out of Renjun and Haechan’s room, he was greeted with Renjun coming out from Jeno’s room.

 

“I’m going to the 127 dorm for breakfast.” Mark said and Renjun nodded.

 

“We’ll come, let me just drag those two from the bed.” Renjun said and Mark nodded and returned to the room to wake Donghyuck up and Jisung too, the kids need their breakfast as much as he does.

 

He then received a text from Lucas who was asking he was in the 127 dorm. He called up the friend and Lucas’ husky voice greeted him.

 

 

“I’m at the Dreams but I’m going there now.” Mark informed Lucas who sighed.

 

 

“I’m going there too. I’ve been calling Jungwoo hyung but he’s not picking up. I tried calling Kung e but still not picking up.” Lucas said and Mark chuckled.

 

 

“Round up the gang, we’ll have breakfast at 127, I am sure Taeyong hyung and Kun hyung would be more than willing to cook for us. Stop by a mart or something, there may not have enough for all 21 of us.” Mark said and Lucas agreed before hanging up.

 

 

“We’ve got some left over kimchi and rice in the fridge, I’ll pack those up. Already called Chenle, he’s coming over, and his mom already ordered food to be delivered at the dorm.” Renjun informed Mark who nodded, Chenle’s mom really loves NCT that much to go the extra length.

 

 

“I am not going unless Chenle is going!” They heard Jisung protested against Donghyuck who stormed out into the living room.

 

 

“Chenle is coming.” Renjun informed Jisung who did a 360 and quickly pulled on a coat, the fall season is about to shift to winter and they need to bundle up.

 

 

The Dream and Wayv members met at the lobby and took separate elevators due to their numbers. Chenle had caught up with the WayV member just as the doors were about to close and the Chinese maknae was received with hugs from his gege. The groups reconvened in front of the door and Mark punched in the code to let them all in. The dorm was really silent and it felt wrong for the younger ones because usually at this time, Yuta or Jaehyun would be up and exercising, or Johnny having his coffee while he edits his JCC videos. It was really odd and it got odder as Lucas knocked and entered Jungwoo’s shared room.

 

 

They heard a cry and Lucas ran back to get Renjun who was confused but once he was inside the bedroom, his blood ran cold and looked at Lucas warily.

 

 

“Juwoo stwarted it!!!!” Sicheng shouted and Jungwoo who was curled in a ball by his bed shook his head.

 

 

“Awppwa nooooo! Juwoo a gwood boy!” Jungwoo then ran to Lucas and wrapped his arm around the taller and buried his nose on Lucas.

 

 

“No! bwabwa! Juwoo shouted at mwe!” Sicheng ran to Renjun who took the older and sat him on the bed where Taeil stirred and blinked at the two on his bed.

 

 

“Bwabwa?” Taeil blinked at Renjun. ‘Where is Awpa?” Taeil asked and Renjun didn’t know what to answer making Taeil tear up and cry loudly, effectively waking up Yuta who looked at the three crying roommates and started crying himself.

 

 

“Are you all right?” Jaemin entered the room and as soon as he spotted Lucas hugging a crying Jungwoo, Renjun trying to pacify a crying Sicheng, Taeil crying on his bed and Yuta silently looking at him with tear stained face, it brought a fear in the younger.

 

 

“Awppaaaa” Yuta ran to Jaemin and sobbed, making the younger panic but Renjun just gestured to give in to the older.

 

 

“Yeah Yuta baby?” Jaemin asked, cringing at how he sounded.

 

 

“Loud. Swooo loud.” Yuta said and Jaemin’s fears were confirmed, his hyungs regressed.

 

 

“Let’s get you out of here okay?” Jaemin said and Yuta nodded and followed him out into the living room, holding his hand to guide the older while raising a hand to let everyone shut up.

 

 

“Awppppaaa scared!” Yuta bawled almost instantly as he saw the others in the living room and they all gasped.

 

 

“It’s okay yuyu, they are appa’s friends. They will all go for now but we’ll see them for breakfast is that okay baby?” Jaemin asked and Yuta nodded but pouted. “Kindly check on the other hyungs, and Mark hyung, call the managers.” Jaemin said calmly and the eldest in the room (by mental age at least) did as he was told as the others scampered to check up on their hyungs.  “One of you check on Taeil hyung, please.” Jaemin said and it was Jisung who went into the previous room.

 

 

When the doors opened and panicked cries were heard, Jaemin and Mark paled as they looked at each other, it will be a long long day.