Blurred Lines

Of Bottled Up Feelings and Overflowing Emotions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late night texts and all the feels

Can we talk?"

The text came at midnight, I was sitting in the recording studio, trying not to fall asleep. It wasn't odd to get a text from Chaeyoung this late, and in fact we had been in the middle of a text conversation not two hours ago when she had suddenly stopped replying. I felt my insides sink a little as if a cloud full of thunderstorm had just deposited itself right in my stomach.

I hesitated before I typed a reply. I don't do feelings, if you get close enough to me you realize this and usually move on... unless you're Chaeyoung. Taehyung had realized it two days ago when he broke up with me, saying that I was always distracted or I didn't pay enough attention. Basically, he couldn't put up with my need for space.

I tapped the fingers of my free hand against the counter. I hadn't told anyone about the break up yet and I'm sure Taehyung had only told Jimin so that couldn't be why Chaeyoung wanted to talk. I looked up as fear seized my body, unless Taehyung had realized that our issues had more to do with my feelings for someone else than indifference towards him. Then he might have spilled his guts to someone who couldn't keep their mouth shut.

I sighed and typed out a reply. "Sure, at the studio right now. When?"

I swivelled around in the chair and dropped my phone where I had just been tapping out the beat to Whistle. My mind was racing and I went back to the control board to distract myself from the anxiety of not knowing. Then I heard a buzz, my phone viciously vibrated at me.

When I picked it up I paused. It had taken me too long to get a clue about being totally into this girl. It was probably too late... no, I had to stop thinking like that. I had been fighting my negativity all day, trying to believe that I could have happiness. I was trying to give in to this overwhelming new thing called love but it didn't come naturally to me. Every time I let myself feel it something in my subconscious seemed to kick in and close the door again.

I looked down at the phone. "I'm coming up."

Of course, Chaeyoung was going to come without making sure it was okay. That would annoy the hell out of me if anyone else did it but I was surprised to find myself smiling, the secret smile of adoration. It would take her ten minutes tops to get to the studio so I sat back and tried to keep calm.

≈≈≈

As soon as I heard the banging I shot out of my seat and jogged for the door. I could see Chaeyoung th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter