high school reunion.

collection of spartace's one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prompt: in which a simple high school reunion reveals a shocking news

“Ji Hyo noona!” The said lady turned to see her ex-clubmate, Kwang Soo, beaming at her. The two exchanged greetings as they walked into the restaurant that had been reserved. “Drama club gathering, please,” Kwang Soo told the waitress as the waitress confirmed their identities. Seeing that their private room was at the end of the corridor, Kwang Soo made small talks with Ji Hyo. Kwang Soo knew Ji Hyo wasn’t one to talk a lot and would only talk if necessary. That was what Kwang Soo liked about Ji Hyo in the past. Their drama club, like its name, was full of dramas among the club members. Ji Hyo would not involve herself in redundant arguments and if she was forced, Ji Hyo’s bluntness would shut everyone up. Because of her bluntness, a lot of girls in their high school dislike her while guys worship her as a living goddess because well, it’s obvious that she’s beautiful. While most people stayed away from Ji Hyo, Kwang Soo would always approach her and accompany her whenever he saw that Ji Hyo was alone. That is, she and, him. Thinking of him, Kwang Soo can’t help but steal a glimpse at Ji Hyo. “Do they still keep in contact? Are they still… together?” Kwang Soo wondered.

“Ask away.” Ji Hyo’s voice broke Kwang Soo’s train of thoughts. Even though Kwang Soo was surprised, he kept his cool. Heol is this girl a mind reader, Kwang Soo thought.

“Sooo are you and sunbae still together?” Kwang Soo asked. When Ji Hyo didn’t reply him, he continued, “Don’t get me wrong, I’m just making sure I won’t say something stupid since you know, sunbae will be there too.”

Ji Hyo stopped walking and faced Kwang Soo. In high school, Ji Hyo did not have a lot of friends. Girls hated her because she was too honest while guys would stare at her like she was some kind of a prey. Throughout her four years in high school, only Kwang Soo would befriend her. Not that Ji Hyo would admit it, but she truly liked Kwang Soo. Kwang Soo was sincere and always tried his best to make sure that Ji Hyo was comfortable. Hence after they graduated five years ago, Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo stayed in contact. They weren’t the best of friends, but they at least are not awkward with each other. Since the two basically lived at the opposite end of Seoul and due to their busy schedule, they only met each other once in a while.

Thinking back to Kwang Soo’s question, Ji Hyo smiled. He was a weird creature, to put it kindly. On Ji Hyo’s first day in the high school, the sunbae Kwang Soo had mentioned had saved her from a bunch of guys who were trying to hit on her. He was a junior at that time while Ji Hyo was merely a freshman. After he saved her, he kept on following Ji Hyo around, saying that she owed her life to him and in return, she should hang out with him. Ji Hyo was annoyed at first, hence she ignored him. Unfortunately (or fortunately), Ji Hyo found out that sunbae was also in the Drama Club, and heck, he’s also the newly appointed president. Although Ji Hyo wanted to avoid him, acting is her hobby and she’s not willing to give up her passion for an annoying guy. And just like that, Ji Hyo and sunbae became close. His adamant will to get closer to Ji Hyo ultimately melted her stone hard heart, and they became a couple. Of course, this was only known by Kwang Soo as Ji Hyo knew how much more hate she will receive if th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter