dumped.

collection of spartace's one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prompt: in which ji hyo and jong kook are best friends and ji hyo (attempts to) saves the day when jong kook got dumped

Hey, just received news that Jong Kook might have been dumped and devastated!!, I can’t go to his house sorry. – HaHa

“OH. MY. GOD!” Song Ji Hyo yelled as she read the message from her friend, HaHa. Thank god she was still sober right now, if not, god knows, where her phone would end up due to shock from the news. Immediately, Ji Hyo keyed in the familiar string of numbers she has memorised for over seven years now.

“Hi! This is Kookie! If you’re hearing this then YOU’RE DUMB CAUSE I’M NOT HERE,” Ji Hyo cringed hearing the familiar sentence from her phone.

“Goddamnit Kim Jong Kook you better answer your freaking phone,” Ji Hyo spammed call him.

Ji Hyo immediately stood up and gathered her stuff, and packed her bag, “Girls, I’ve got an emergency booty call, sorry!” Ji Hyo apologised as she ran out of the room reserved especially for her group of friends.

“Wait, Ji Hyo unnie! Is something the matter?” Ji Hyo turned to see her friend, So Min, chasing after her, “Is it Jong Kook oppa?” So Min asked again, knowing Ji Hyo well enough to know that the only person who can agitate Ji Hyo till like this is a certain Kim Jong Kook.

“Yeah, I’m not sure what happened either,” Ji Hyo ran her hand through her straight hair.

“Look it’s nothing, you don’t need to come, the other oppas don’t need to come either, I will go to him,” Ji Hyo reassures So Min.

“Alright unnie, you go and cheer oppa up.”

Ji Hyo debated between going to Jong Kook’s dorm straightaway or to make a pizza stop, a regular for the two best friends whenever they visit each other’s house. Ji Hyo decided at last minute to order a regular pepperoni pizza and a regular vegetarian pizza before making a beeline to the nearest shop to purchase some chocolates and sweets and beers while waiting for her orders to be ready.

“Kim Jong Kook you better open the damn door!” Ji Hyo knocked on the door, as she struggles to carry two boxes of pizzas and a bag full of snacks on one hand.

“Oppa, I know you’re in there, I can smell popcorn,” Ji Hyo kicked on the door.

“Hey Ji Hyo, do you need some help?” Jong Kook’s neighbour asked as he walked past, “He’s been cooped up in that room for god knows how long.”

“Dong Wook oppa! It’s been long since I saw you. The last time I saw you was when, that date we went?” Ji Hyo brought up the past as Lee Dong Wook took the pizza boxes from her and carried it.

“Yeah, I kind of missed us you know,” Dong Wook said, “You know, you can come to my room instead, and we can like, talk again and maybe, watch some Netflix,” he winked at her. His eyes then went down to see the outfit she was wearing. A thin tank top and some mere leggings. Dong Wook his lips, taking in the cleavage that’s on full display for him.

Before Ji Hyo had the opportunity to answer him, the door she had been standing in front of for 10 full minutes finally opened, a disgruntled Jong Kook appears and immediately snatched the pizza boxes from Dong Wook, before grabbing his best friend into his room.

“Back off dude,” he growled before slamming the door shut. By every second, his grip on Ji Hyo’s arms was getting tighter.

“Ouch! Oppa what the hell!” Ji Hyo forced her arm out of his grip, red marks can be seen around her tiny arms.

“Don’t tell me you went around in that?!” Jong Kook stared in horror.

“Oh heck yeah, I did and so? So Min saw but said nothing,” Ji Hyo argued, which Jong Kook cursed a profanity in return, probably meant for a certain Jeon So Min.

“Okay, what was that?” Ji Hyo questioned.

“What was what?”

“What was that?” Ji Hyo asked in a harsher tone, pointing outside.

“That’s the door you er.”

“No! Why are you being a jerk to him? Just because your love life is ruined, doesn’t mean you can ruin mine alright,” Ji Hyo huffed angrily.

“Ji Hyo, don’t tell me you were really considering his offer?” Jong Kook asked in disbelief.

“And what if I am? Since we started Running Man, you, Suk Jin oppa, Jae Suk oppa and the others always try to stop guys from pursuing me. The last date I went with Lee Dong Wook was ruined because of you guys! And now that he’s interested in me again, can’t I indulge in it a little bit?!” Ji Hyo poured out all her dissatisfaction. Honestly, Ji Hyo wasn’t sure why she was so damn emotional that night.

“Song Ji Hyo, he wanted to have with you,” Jong Kook snarled.

“So, you can have with different girls, but I can’t?” Ji Hyo glared.

“Ji Hyo, you know we were trying to protect you,” Jong Kook tried to pacify Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo breathed out, as she tried to calm herself down. She was caught in a heat of the moment to the point she forgot her original motive for coming here.

“Right, I’m sorry for bursting out at you,” Ji H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter