fight.

collection of spartace's one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prompt: in which Jong Kook & Ji Hyo has a fight

Kim Jong Kook did not know how it started. He had no idea how they began to argue. All he could remember was talking to Ji Hyo, her complaining to him, and then they began to scream at each other. Well, more like she screamed at him while he listened. He knew she was angry about a small matter, but he did not understand how in the world it blew to become a big matter. And how did he realize it became a big deal? His lovely girlfriend of five years refused to speak to him for five days.

Five days. 120 hours with no contact with his girlfriend.

Truth be told, he was unaware of his girlfriend’s absence the whole day after they argued. As he was lying on his bed trying to go to sleep was when he realized, she was not there. She did not send him any goodnight message or even call him to tell him juicy gossips she heard. She did not come to his apartment like she did every few days to sleep over with him. Jong Kook did not realize how big his bed was now that he had to sleep alone again. He did not realize how empty his life is, without her.

And so, he called her. And called. And called. He might have (accidentally) sent her over 100 messages but to no avail. She rejected every single one of his calls and ignored all his text messages. It frustrates Jong Kook that she was bluntly ignoring him (he received a notification that she had updated her social media). Hence Jong Kook made a decision that he knows he will regret soon after. He called Kwang Soo and HaHa to come over.

Of course, both of them rejected his invitation immediately. It was a Friday night, Kwang Soo would rather spend time with his girlfriend Lee Sun Bin before she flies out for filming and HaHa was stuck doing his household chores at home.

“I’ll bring out beers,” Hearing those four words, the two Running Man members agreed to come over to his apartment. Partly because who would refuse free beer (of course) and partly because they know Jong Kook will only drink alcohol when he’s in great desperation.

“You fought with Ji Hyo, didn’t you?” HaHa asked as they sipped on their second (or was it third?) bottle of beer.

“Tch. No wonder noona refused to tag along this time,” Kwang Soo commented. Kwang Soo was way drunk, making brutally honest comments every now and then, his source of confidence coming from the bottle of beers he had drunk.

Jong Kook did not understand. Why do they always associate Ji Hyo in whenever he is upset?
“Please hyung. Ji Hyo is the only one in this world who can make you drink,” HaHa replied.

And so, he made his biggest mistake of that night. He told them about his and Ji Hyo’s fight and admitted that he was unsure of the reason they fought. He gritted through his teeth as he told them how long it has been since he talked to her while ignoring HaHa’s teasing looks and Kwang Soo’s protective glare.

“Stupid,” Kwang Soo blurted out.

“You brat, say that again,” Jong Kook stumbled to stand on his feet to hit his dongsaeng. By now, he was already on his fifth bottle and the alcohol has started to take effects on his body.

“Aish hyung! You’re too drunk now!” chided HaHa as he tried to pry away the bottle of alcohol from Jong Kook’s hands. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Kwang Soo answering a call from someone.

“Ji Hyo… Ji Hyo… I really miss you,” mumbled Jong Kook as he sat defeatedly on the floor. The rest of the night was a blur to him. He remembered demanding his dongsaengs for more alcohol, he also remembered calling for Ji Hyo. And somehow, he heard her voice before he drifted off to sleep.

“Ah, my head,” Jong Kook grumbled as he tried to sit up, his head feeling heavy. Jong Kook scanned his surroundings to realize that he was sleeping in his own bed, though he has no memories of going into his room. Jong Kook slowly woke up as he squinted his eyes, too hangover for his own good. He noticed that he was no longer in the T-shirt he was wearing the previous night and had changed to a set of a thin singlet. Jong Kook walked out of his room only to find both HaHa and Kwang Soo, now fully sobered, drinking hangover soup as they chatted amongst themselves.

“What the, why are you guys sober so fast?” Jong Kook complained as he swallowed the hangover pills Kwang Soo had passed to him.

“Sit here hyung and have some soup. Ji- I made some soup and tea for us,” HaHa quickly caught himself from saying something else. Thankfully Jong Kook was too dizzy to notice HaHa’s slip of a tongue.

“By the way, did anyone else came over last night?” At his question, both HaHa and Kwang Soo tensed up. “I mean, I thought I saw Ji Hyo yesterday.”

“Eyyyy hyung, how drunk were you?” Kwang Soo replied as he innocently sipped on his tea.

“But then hyung, do you really not remember what you and Ji Hyo fought about?” asked HaHa.

Jong Kook tried to recall his memories of that day. They had just finished filming and Ji Hyo decided to spend the night at Jong Kook’s house. He remembered he was making dinner while she sat on the dining table, scrolling her social media, occasionally showing him fanarts their fans had made for the couple.

“Oppa,” Ji Hyo started, “Don’t you think we should move forward?”

“What do you mean Ji Hyo-yah?” Jong Kook stirred the pot of boiling kimchi soup.

“I mean, we are both getting older. I am going to be 40 in a few years’ time. Don’t you… want to marry me?” Ji Hyo asked bashfully, trying to ignore the blush forming on her cheeks. In their eight years of dating, they had at some point discussed marriage and having children. They had agreed to marry later, as both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo wanted to focus on their career first. But now, Ji Hyo realized she didn’t want to wait any more. Her body clock was ticking, and she wants to have children with Jong Kook.

Jong Kook sighed. He had been waiting for Ji Hyo to bring up this topic. “I thought we agreed on focusing on our career first?”

“Focus on career first?! Oppa, how much more do you want to focus? You’re getting older oppa, you’re reaching 50 soon!” Ji Hyo’s voice was getting louder and louder by each second.

And the rest was a blur. Jong Kook remembered trying to defend himself, which lead to Ji Hyo screaming her heads off at him and at last, she left.

“So, Ji Hyo is angry at you because you don’t want to marry her?” HaHa concluded, gaining a nod from his hyung.

“Seriously hyung? You think noona is angry at you because of that?” Kwang Soo mocked. It was then Jong Kook realized Kwang Soo must have heard Ji Hyo’s side of the story before coming over. He was, after all, Ji Hyo’s precious dongsaeng.

“Enlighten me then.”

Kwang Soo took a deep breath. He hated it when his favourite hyung and noona fight. Since he played a big role in getting the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter