03. Too Late (Sehun)

Finding Feathers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s POV

 

Protection...  

 

 

He said those feathers would protect me no matter what. 

 

 

I never understood Luhan’s words, or his obsession with those feathers and why he ended up giving them to me. 

 

 

I could never understood why he decided I was the one he wanted to protect from harm. 

 

 

I could never believe his words back then. None of them made sense at that moment. 

 

 

Back then, Luhan confessed to me. 

 

 

It had been a few days since I found out he was working at my mom’s office, and I just stopped asking him about it since then. Although I wanted to so ask him so bad... Although I wanted to comfort him so bad, I failed everytime. 

 

 

We still went to school together and walked home together, but Luhan noticed it too. I was trying my best to avoid him as much as possible, just like the first time we met. 

 

 

Even though I already cleared it up with him, that I don’t hate him at all. I was acting like I did otherwise. Luhan, just like a fool, fought for me. 

 

 

“I’m sorry,” he said while we were walking home, halting me from taking another step forward. Luhan didn’t have to hear it from me that I wanted some space from him. Whenever we walk to school or back home, he’d always be walking behind me, as if watching me was more than enough. I could feel him gazing at my back every single time. I could even smell the loneliness that he carried without complaining. I thought he was the fool, but then I realized, I was worse than a fool. 

 

 

“I’m sorry if I made you upset, Sehun... I know you’re still mad at me. You’ve been avoiding me for days. You don’t talk to me. You can’t even look me in the eyes. If it makes you feel better, I take back what I said about your mom. I only said that she’s scary because I don’t want to ask money from her,” he said quietly. “Hunnie, I’m sorry I failed you, but please don’t ignore me anymore.” 

 

 

“It’s getting dark, we should head—“ 

 

 

“Why aren’t you asking me questions?” He asked persistently. “I know you have a lot to say to me, why won’t you tell me? Why do you like to keep quiet instead of speaking up? If you have something to say... if you’re still mad at me, please let it out. I told you, didn’t I? No matter what you do or what you say, I wont be scared because it’s you.” 

 

 

Then I let out a deep, frustrated sigh. “Why do you keep doing this? Why do you keep bothering me? I don’t wanna know. I don’t even want to hear your voice right now. Why can’t you just leave me alone just this once?!!” I said, raising my voice as I spun around to shoot him a glare, hoping it would shut him up. 

 

 

I almost forgot, Luhan had always been stubborn...  albeit he was true to himself. 

 

 

”Because I love you,” he blurted out all of the sudden. And as my eyes widened in bewilderment, I caught a glimpse of tears falling from his own. “It’s been bothering me a lot that you’re ignoring me. You haven’t talked to me for days, and you didn’t even ask me to stop working at your mom’s office. I would rather have you stop me than see you act as if you don’t care.” 

 

 

But that day... I had no idea what he meant. I didn’t know whether he loved me because we were practically brothers, or if he loved me more than just brothers. I had no idea what was going on in his mind, and part of me was afraid to find out, so just like a coward — I ran away. 

 

 

That day just happened to be my biggest regret. 

 

 

If I hadn’t ran away that day, those words he said wouldn’t have been his last words to me. 

 

 

I didn’t go to school the next day. I went to my mother’s office to make sure that she wasn’t there, and to have my questions answered. Why did Luhan work there? Why did he need that kind of money? What did my mother say to him that made him scared of her? 

 

 

“Sehun! What a surprise to see you here!” The secretary, as I recognized, exclaimed upon seeing me enter the building. “Did you come alone today? How about —“ 

 

 

“Luhan i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter