02. Faith (Sehun)

Finding Feathers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s POV

 

 

Faith... 

 

 

When I hear that word, I remember him. 

 

It hurts to remember, but it’s a good thing too. 

 

How could I forget him? 

 

Why would I want to forget him? 

 

Do I have the right to?

 

It should be the other way around. 

 

 

Faith? 

 

 

Luhan always told me to have faith in him. 

 

That is why, I am hopeful that he will be okay. 

 

I have faith that he will live a good and healthy life. 

 

And also, that he’ll forget about me and all the bad memories I brought to him. 

 

Because of me, he must’ve felt that his life was a tragedy. 

 

I... was his tragedy. 

 

Even if he doesn’t say so, I know it...

 

I caused him the most pain. 

 

 

“Do you trust me?” Luhan asked me as he gently held my hand as if to calm me down, and then he smiled. “I’m here, so... it’s okay. You wont be alone. I’m with you. Just have faith in me too, okay?”

That night, I chased my mother’s car because I wanted to go to the States with her. She rejected me, even as I begged her and cried pitifully. I was willing to go anywhere in the world just to be with her. I totally forgot I still had my brother, my best friend beside me.

It was raining outside, but my stubborn legs raced with my mother’s ride, until it gave out. I had fallen down and I was so sorry for myself because I put myself in that state.

But Luhan came to get me. He stopped the rain from hurting me even more and held an umbrella for the both of us. He must have been crying too, but he still managed to smile for me. 

And then, he even made a promise. 

“You’ll never be alone again... I promise you that,” he reassured me, and it almost worked. 

I believed in him, but there were still times that I wished my mother was with me. 

And yet, Luhan always kept his promises. He never let me be alone, and he always protected me as if he was older than me. He worried a lot about me and attached himself so much to me...

There were times that I took advantage of him, but there were more times when I just denied everything that I felt in those moments. 

I worried a lot about him, I thought a lot about him, and I wanted to be the one to protect him from harm too. I kept denying the fact that I was more afraid of losing him then than my own mother. 

 

Faith... 

 

 

If only I had more faith and if I hadn’t denied my feelings back then, maybe I could have made him happy. But the truth is, I failed Luhan. I was exactly like my mother. 

One day, I accused him of meeting my mom behind my back. I called him a traitor. I was jealous, though I wasn’t sure why. I was mad at my mother, but I let it all out on Luhan. I screamed at him, pushed him, and even punched him. And Luhan, all he did was — take all the hits. 

When I noticed he wasn’t fighting me at all, I stopped at his collar and muttered, “I hate you... Why? Why won’t you fight back, ?”

“I...” he choked, seemingly scared and yet sincere. “I  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter