04. Ten Years (Luhan)

Finding Feathers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

10 years later...

 

Luhan’s POV

 

I had that same nightmare again. I don't always have that dream, but when I do, it usually means something bad is about to happen. I just keep on dying over and over again, with the same bullets that almost killed me ten years ago. Sehun was crying, calling out my name in desperate tone. I couldn't breathe then, and it felt like my throat was burning. Whenever I have that dream, I am reminded of ten years ago. Breathless, burning throat, and the extreme tightness in my chest. 

I probably died a thousand times in my dreams by the same wounds that scarred not only me, but Sehun, who was there when it all happened. 

Ten years ago, Sehun ran away. The last time I saw him, I was literally dying. I couldn't even find him when I woke up one week after the incident. He was just gone. Apparently, he found out I was working for his mother. When my parents passed away, Mrs. Oh adopted me so I could pretend to be his son. In order not to put a target behind his son's back, he hired a mere child to be the target. 

Mrs. Oh was an international spy who must have done something terrible in the past. There were a lot of assassins who attempted to execute her, including me. That's why she scared me. After all, I lived in fear because of her. When I was a child, I was just doing whatever she told me to so I could survive. But upon meeting her son, I realized that someone else could still be important to me. I wanted to protect Sehun no matter what, because I felt like I was the only one who understood him.

I wish I had the chance to tell him that. But he was gone before I could explain to him. 

I sighed, closi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter