5.5

Under The Tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days passed quickly since the last time Hyukjae saw Donghae. The hostel was booked by a bunch of grandmas who needed Hyukjae’s care every single thing. Leeteuk couldn’t help but feel guilty for letting Hyukjae taking care of the guests. Being a good kid, Hyukjae only smiled and continue his work. Leeteuk thanked God and Hyukjae’s parents for having Hyukjae in his life.

Meanwhile, Hyukjae kept himself busy without thinking much about Donghae. Two days passing by without seeing his face made Hyukjae felt anxious, to be honest. His mind always wandered somewhere else every time the grandma called his name. His eyes always lingered awhile in Donghae’s room. The owner hadn’t been come out of his room ever since that day, only taking his breakfast tray into his room and taking it out before afternoon. Hyukjae knew he would be fine there.

“Hey, son. What are you thinking about? Eyes on me.” The grandma said after pulling Hyukjae’s sleeve for his attention. Hyukjae was in lunch banquet, along with the grandmas. Hyukjae felt like a grandson brought by his grandma to her class reunion, nodding whenever you got asked and smiling whatever joke they said. He was supposed to take a break before one of the grandmas pulling him to the banquet like he was a part of their circles.

“Hey, did you hear what I have said?” the grandma with a big bun asked once again since Hyukjae didn’t notice her. Hyukjae nodded while munching his hotdog, one of the menus that Leeteuk chose for the grandmas. He ought to hire a nutritionist.

“I did. You complained that Grandma Jung didn’t call you even after you bought her a necklace. What did you expect anyway? Her recognition that you were a kind soul? Or you just wanted to show off your money?” Hyukjae nonchalantly said. The big bun-haired grandma only dumbfounded, not expecting of Hyukjae’s blunt answer.

Feeling embarrassed, the big bun-haired grandma yanked Hyukjae’s hair so hard that almost made him fall. Leeteuk saw the incident and run to save Hyukjae, while the latter only stayed put, still with his hair being yanked. As the grandma calmed down, Leeteuk brought Hyukjae to his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter