3.3

Under The Tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae promised that he wouldn’t ever fall in love again with a stranger, specifically a guest. He didn’t want another silly heartbreak, a lot of tears and days of holed up in his room. He remembered how Leeteuk had to drag him out of the room, only throwing him into the bathroom and helping him to take a bath.
 

It was still fresh in his mind and yet it was already two years since then.
 

However, since the arrival of Lee Donghae Hyukjae couldn’t think clearly. The Lee Donghae he saw on the television was different than the Lee Donghae stayed in one of the rooms in his homestay. This Donghae was a bubbly, loveable and yet clumsy man like a five-year-old boy explored a new place. It felt different from the television version, a mysterious artist and songwriter that felt out of reach.
 

Hyukjae liked the carefree Lee Donghae, and it was bad.

 

So bad.
 

Hyukjae needed to stop before falling so deep, but Hyukjae couldn’t help but get attracted by the younger. He liked the scent of fresh linen infiltrated his nostrils when Donghae hugged him earlier. The smile on his handsome face was Hyukjae’s favorite, but the way he melted naturally on Donghae’s arms was the feeling he couldn’t shake off.
 

Hyukjae wondered whether this feeling was right or not
 

“Don’t put such a long face, Hyuk,” Leeteuk said, breaking the trance of Hyukjae’s thoughts.

 

Hyukjae smiled weakly before focusing on his work again. “You know, what you are thinking of now isn’t bad, Hyuk.”
 

Hyukjae froze, “What…”
 

“You think aloud, Hyukkie. You know I can read you like an open book,” Leeteuk patted

 

Hyukjae’s head, “Just follow your heart, Hyuk. He likes you, and so do you.”
 

Hyukjae nodded, “I know. I just don’t want to feel heartbreak again. Not again.”
 

“It doesn’t matter, you have me to drag you out alive from your room,” Leeteuk grinned,

 

“Besides, if you two are meant to be, love will find the way.” The oldest of two winked before humming ‘Love will find a way’ and continue to sweep the floor.
 

“As if that’s easy,” Hyukjae muttered, “I hate being hurt, that’s why.”
 

“You won’t.” Leeteuk said, “Just enjoy the moment and you will understand what I have said.” Leeteuk pushed Hyukjae out of the kitchen, taking off his apron and the broom in his hands. “You dismissed, Hyuk. Go with Donghae to onsen now.”
 

“But hyung – I am not ready.”
 

“Don’t act like a baby, Hyukkie. He is a kind soul that currently being lost and he needed another kind soul like you to guide him out of misery.” Leeteuk smiled warmly, the same smile made Hyukkie surrender and let the oldest drag him out of his room two years ago.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter