Dame yo! (Nabi)

Moments in Stream (One-shot collection)

'Stop it! Don't make me fall in love with you!'

Oh how Nako wished she just could shout that out loud! It was making her lose her mind how the group's leader could make her blush and heart to do odd skips and jumps. Just by sitting next to her on sofa. Just by gently the shorter girl's hair.

She just couldn't take it!

Why Eunbi had to look at her like she was the most precious thing in this world? Why it had to feel like her touch lingered on her skin a bit longer than necessary?

(Or was it just Nako being hopeful, delusional?)

Why it had to had come to this?

Because Yabuki Nako didn't do romances. At least not at this point of her life.

No matter how often her breath hitched in . No matter how much her heart tried to break her ribcage. And no matter how much Hiichan had tried to talk her out of it, saying she was sure that Nako could handle it all. She shouldn't be afraid.

(Pft, like Nako would be afraid. Or like it could stop her.

.....Right?)

She had let this go for too long. Her feelings were starting to shift from harmless crush to more deeper. Nako was afraid that soon she wouldn't be able to hold this bubbly feeling quiet and hidden. She was afraid that soon she would do something stupid and reckless. Like confessing. And that just couldn't happen. That would be the point of no return. The moment that could ruin everything.

(She would rather have these small, mirage like moments than loose it all.)

While Nako had been lost in her thoughts (she could swear Hiichan just rolled her eyes at her), Eunbi had got up and gone to weirdly quiet kitchen.

'Just this time, it wouldn't hurt any more' 

Nako quietly tiptopped behind their leader, carefully backhugged the older girl and let go of the breath she didn't realise she was holding. 

"Nako, is everything okay?"

She could hear the concern on Eunbi's voice.

"Yeah. Can we just..." Japanese girl paused for a second before hesitantly continuing.

"Can we just stay like ths for a while?"

Eunbi didn't use words to give her answer, but instead nodded her head and leaned back to get closer to her. Nako also snuggled closer so that there weren't any space between them. For a little while she allowed her whole existence to be surrounded by Eunbi.
That moment felt so right to her. They were breathing at same pace and it made Nako feel like she was breathing in sync with world.

But it was all there was ever going to be. She had decided. And it felt suffocating.

'But this is okay. It is better this way. Right, unnie?'

 

 

 


 

AN: Phew, it's done \o/ So far, this has been the hardest os to write. I wrote the first four lines, well, first, then jumped to end and then the middle part just kind of came to be days later. It was supposed to be more light-hearted, but turned out to be more angst(ish) than I planned. Though I'm not sure if the idea behind could be written without dose of it. Sorry ;__;

And once again, this os was inspired by Izone song. I think the chapter's title at least gives away from which album/single the song is from.

Like always: I really appreciate all those subsciptions, upvotes and comments and seeing how many views these one shots have got. It really keeps me going and gives me confidence to keep writing.
<3