Following that shining star (Annyeongz)

Moments in Stream (One-shot collection)

Wonyoung had never been much of an outdoor person. She preferred spending her time indoors, be it reading, watching videos or playing with her friends there. But her co-tower was complete opposite. Ahn Yujin loved being outdoor so much that Wonyoung was sure she'd even sleep there if it was possible. Or more likely, if she'd be allowed. Yujin loved running, playing and goofing out there. For her, it was the perfect way to spend her always overflowing energy.

And Wonyoung loved spending time with Yujin, so she tried her best to get accustomed spending time outside of their dormrooms. Truth to be told, it wasn't really that hard. Feeling the sun warming her skin and wind ruffling her hair was actually nice. Or maybe it was because she would feel really warm whenever the other teen would flash her dimple showing and heartmelting smile? Especially when Yujin would ruffle her hair?

Wonyoung knew she herself was bright, lovable kid (or teen already, she corrected herself). But she felt that if she was bright like a star, the older girl was so much brighter, like super nova. Not because Wonyoung thought that Yujin would stop shining any day soon (she hoped that Yujin would never stop shining), but because the big puppy like girl emitted so much light and happines around her. Wonyoung really was captivated.

That was the reason why she would occasionally end up caught in Yujin's ideas. And they weren't always the smartest. And probably caused way too many almost heart attacks to poor Eunbi-unnie.

Like that one time Yujin just wanted to know how fast they could come down the small(ish) slope near the dorms with bicycle. Mind you, they both wore helmets and roller skating guards. And the slope wasn't really that big or steep. And they were driving same bicycle, Yujin cycling and Wonyoung sitting behind her, arms circled around other girls waist. And they really didn't go that fast.
And the most important thing to note - she certainly didn't scream. At least not loudly. And if she really actually did scream, it was because it was so liberating and fun, just like it was the reason why Yujin had screamed from adrenaline rush. It was also the reason why she could feel older girl's heartbeat so loudly when she put her ear against her backside once they had (finally) slowed down and stopped. It was because of the wind why both of their faces were red wen they looked at each other.

(Though truth to be told, Wonyoung knew better. And she was almost certain that Yujin also knew. But it was okay. They were content with blushing and laughing and once in while appearing awkwardness and unableness to meet each other's eyes)

And one time they had the grandest idea of sneaking out of their respective dormrooms at night to go and play at the nearby park. It was no brainer that Eunbi (and Chaeyeon) were furious when they found out.

But it was totally worth it.

They had competition who could make the swing go higher, which soon turned into "long jump from swings" competition. It wasn't suprising that Yujin would swing higher and jump longer. But still Wonyoung had so much fun, goofing around with the older girl.

When they had enough of swinging and jumping, they went to sit at nearby bench. They tried to look for stars at the nightsky but there was too much light pollution from lights to be able to actually see anything else than, well, nightsky. Though it didn't really matter. They just talked about anything and nothing. At some point Wonyoung had intertwined their fingers and Yujin had put her head on younger girl's shoulder, their bodies leaning against each other. It was one of those rare moments when Yujin would be still and not itching to go and conquer the world. And Wonyoung was proud that she was able to make Yujin feel so calm. Okay, maybe she was blushing little from the contact of the other girl. But just little, not like she was resembling a tomato or a firetruck. Right? And maybe Wonyoung wasn't the only one blushing, so it wasn't really that bad.

Silence had overtaken them and they were just quietly sitting and watching at the sky. Maybe they weren't able to see stars, but from time to time they could see airplanes flying and those were also very beautiful and emitted some light to the night sky.

But it was actually getting little bit chilly and though Wonyoung enjoyed spending time outdoors with Yujin (look how well she had learned!), they really had to go back. And they would so get yelling from Eunbi. Or the worst case, the "I'm not angry, but very disappointed" speech. Wonyoung was sure it was somehow hardcoded inside their unnie's brain the moment she became their leader.

Wonyoung took quick glance of the girl walking next to her. They were still holding hands and Yujin pulled her little bit closer, while giving her the widest and cutest smile possible. Wonyoung swore nothing else could make her heart beat like that.

And maybe she was blushing. And maybe Eunbu would yell at them. And others would be very pissed, until they would start teasing them (oh god no! Wonyoung had forgotten about that) and it would be unbearable and awkward.

But still, Wonyoung wouldn't change or give away the time they had spent outdoors this night. She thought that as long as she was together with Yujin, she would fine anywhere.

And for now it was all that mattered.

 

 

 

//

AN: Hello again ^^ I don't know what is going on since I'm updating again. This is rather unusual for me.

I was trying to intentionally make this chapter bit more clumsy and awkward because hello our little teens, but I think it became too clumsy. Because that's how I'm as writer ^^;;

And like previous one-shot, this one is also inspired by Izone song. Can you guess which one?

Thank you everyone who have read, subscripted, upvoted and/or commented. I really, really apreciate it <3