The dense(st) duck (Yulyen)

Moments in Stream (One-shot collection)

It was your almost typical weekend evening. Since they didn't have any practises or other events for the rest of the day or for first half of the tomorrow, the group had decided to spent the evening together watching movies and of course pizza was needed. Knowing that her groupmates had pretty much bottomless stomaches, Eunbi had sent half of the group to get enough pizza to feed half of an army.

And that was how Yena ended up walking outside, half-heartedly bantering with Yujin. But her mind really wasn't there. She kept stealing glances of younger, cute hamster-like girl who was walking next to Wonyoung and listening maknaes excitedly explaining, well, something. Yena wasn't listening.

Though, you really couldn't blame her. Her brain was trying to solve some confusing things. Like why she felt so awkward around Yuri. Her palms would start sweating, would go all dry and what was she supposed to do with her hands, would it be okay to hold Yuri's hand almost 24/7? Or wrap them around her waist? Or neck? And the things that came out of at moments like that would be like quacking. Or jokes or other non-coherent things. Why she couldn't be her cool self (and this is the moment that Yujin would just snort if she'd be able to hear Yena's thoughts) around Yuri.

And those moments when Yena wasn't being discreet enough and Yuri would catch her looking and smile at her. Yena's face would suddenly heat up, her heartbeat accelerating way too high.
Like right now.

The girl next to Yena elbowed her side lightly and she turned her red face to grinning Yujin. The dense duck didn't have idea why her friend was looking like that, she was clearly missing something essential her. Yujin's knowing expression was starting to irritate Yena, so she slowed down her steps a bit to walk with last two of their pizza hunting group. But when she turned her gaze to direction of Chaewon and Hitomi, her breath unexpectly stopped for smallest fraction of second and she felt weird tightness inside her chest. Two girls were walking hand in hand and talking quietly, seemingly lost in their own world where existed nothing, and no one, else but them. Yena had never seen such a soft smile on Chaewon's face and Hitomi had the cutest little blush on her cheeks. And she could swear that she saw stars and hearts on their eyes.

Ah, young love. How Yena wished she could also experience it. You know, getting lost in their own world, talking softly and holding hands with Yuri...

Oh.

Wait. A. Second.

The gears inside her head started to turn at speed of light, or at least fastest they had ever been moving, Thousands of things started to make sense finally.
And she kind of froze there, with all the new information what was really happening inside her heart. She had stopped walking, her eyes widened and not so quiet "Ah!" escpaed her lips. And suddenly there were 5 pair of eyes looking at her.

But Yena could only see Yuri and confusedly she pointed at the other girl. Who was grinning so widly and blushing and Yena could swear she saw stars in Yuri's eyes.

Yena was sure that Yuri could read her mind . Or she was being really obvious and Yuri was smart. Or she was just the luckiest duck around, because Yuri was walking closer to her, still smiling, still blushing, but she held head low and looked nervous for a second before - 

- She gave quick peck on Yena's cheek. And run away from confused duck. For a second she couldn't do anything. Yena didn't hear Yujin's loud cheering or Chaewon's quieter snickering. Or see how Wonyoung's eyes widened in surprise and her had moved to muffle the giggle that had escaped . Or how Hitomi was shaking her head with small grin playing on her lips.

If Yena had been able to register things happening around her, she would have understood that everyone else already knew an answer to question she had been thinking so much. Everyone, including the target of her feelings.

"Ah! Joyul, that's not fair!" But Yena didn't have time to notice and think about things like that. No, she started to chase after Yuri feeling all bubbly and giggly inside. Now that she knew what made her feel all those weird things Yena was relieved. And she realised that those feelings weren't unpleasant at all. She actually, well, loved it. How that quick peck on cheek felt like electricity going through her body. How Yuri's laugh when she chased after her sounded like the most beautiful instrument in her ears. How younger girl's blushing face was the most beautiful painting she had ever seen when she finally catch her hand and spun her around so they were facing each other

Yes, Yena was unable to think anything but those clichees. But like usual, her brain was shortcircuiting when Yuri was close to her.

And nothing could descripe that feeling when Yena moved her hands to Yuri's waist and slowly closed the distance between their faces. That short moment when their lips were pressed together felt like eternity held in palm of hand and she felt tingling all over her body. And when Yuri, who was as red as tomato, shyly hid her face at the crook of Yena's neck the duck-like-girl was sure she could fly away. She was feeling so lighthearted and that everything would be possible for now.

---****

Huh, I managed to write something resembling a fic, hooray \o/ I apologize for my clumsy, plotless writing and for heaps of grammatical/typing errors that are bound to be found. And how freaking dense Yena is, I don't even know if it's really possible to be that dense. It's been almost a year since the last time I write anything else than text related to school.

And hey, can you guess what is the Izone song that inspired this short one-shot? If you think you got it, leave a comment ;)

Aaand - thank you so much for reading ^^