White Feather

White Feather

YunHo checked out his reflection on the full length mirror he has on his room. He was not a very vain person but he wants to at least look presentable when he meets his best buddies.

*riiing* *riiiiing*

He walked towards the alarm clock, checked the time and turned it off… he was just in time for their small meeting.

“I think I look presentable enough…”

Suddenly a gust of wind blew the pictures and papers he arranged the night before, scattering it on his apartment’s floor… his sighed exasperatedly and picked his stuff hastily then stuffed them inside a folder… not bothering to fix it again, “aish… stupid YunHo, forgetting to close the freaking window…I even arranged these prettily!”

His mobile rang and he gritted his teeth, “that’s probably Yoochun! Aish… I’m going to be late if I don’t hurry!”

Cancelling the call, he tucked the folder under his arm and slung the camera on his neck when he felt everything shake… “earthquake?”

The violent shaking eventually stopped and when he turned around, he saw a big meteorite falling from his window… being the photographer that he was, he immediately grabbed his camera and took several snapshots of the flaming heavenly body and forgetting the papers which fell on the floor due his haste.

“What the hell was that?”

His mobile rang again and he was snapped out of his musings forcefully, “Yoboseyo… ah, yeah… I’m coming… is Min there already? I know… I’m sorry… I do have the pictures… I’ll show you later. Okay… bye.”

The handsome photographer closed his mobile with a loud snap and placed it in his pocket, tucking the fallen folder back under his arm… he jogged out of his apartment, making sure that the lock was secure.

As he walked/jogged to the restaurant, he noticed a big crater on the street surrounded by police men and soldiers with heavy artillery… YunHo stopped and whistled, intrigued by the large crack on the street… shaking his head one last time he decided to continue his walk when he spotted something white from his peripheral vision…

Being the curious person that he was, he moved as silent as he could closer and closer… YunHo gasped when he came face to face with a beautiful creature with white wings. The creature seems to be startled as well and the photographer jumped when the wings retracted into the body swiftly making a sound similar to a vacuum something.

The beautiful creature looked up and YunHo’s jaw dropped… the creature has bright doe like eyes, smooth and clear skin, pink plump lips and beautifully crafted nose…

“I… uh…”

The beautiful boy looked down and the photographer thought the former looked prettier with his now reddish tinted cheeks…

The boy winced and YunHo spotted the large bleeding gash on the beautiful boy’s back, “Omo! We need to treat that… um… come with me?”

Somehow YunHo felt nervous while waiting for the boy’s reaction towards his invitation… he will not be surprised if the latter would disagree, who would just accept an invitation from someone he didn’t know?

“Okay…”

“Ah I understand that you won’t want to but we really need to treat tha-wait… what?”

“I-I’ll come with you Mister”

YunHo took off his jacket and wrapped it around the boy before carrying him bridal style, “my name is YunHo, don’t call me mister… it makes me feel old…”

When the photographer got no response, he peered at the face of the angel and found him sleeping… YunHo smiled and ignored the ringing of his mobile as he walked back to his apartment.

Upon reaching the apartment, YunHo hefted the angel and opened the door with not much difficulty… he used his foot to close the door and carefully laid the boy on his bed. With hurried steps, the photographer laid the folder back on his table and removed the camera from his neck before gathering the first aid kit.

YunHo carefully sat on the bed and again he was mesmerized by the beauty that was in front of him…he looked at the soft brown locks of the angel and he gave in to the urge of touching it… the photographer smiled and let his fingers thread on the smooth and silky brown locks…

The boy woke up startled and sat up abruptly, YunHo blushed and scratched his head.. “I-I’m sorry… I would just like to treat your wound…”

The boy nodded shyly and turned slightly so YunHo could remove the jacket from the angel’s shoulder. The photographer cringed at the sight of the large and bleeding gash on the latter’s back but bit his lip so the boy would have no clue as to how deep the gash was. Taking out a small ball of cotton with some medicine, YunHo started to clean the wound…

The boy winced and bit his lip to stop from crying out, YunHo noticed that the boy went stiff and he immediately stopped… “I’m sorry… I’m done now. Do you want to sleep a bit more?”

The boy nodded and whispered, “thank you mister….”

YunHo chuckled as he tucked the beautiful boy in bed… “call me YunHo… it makes me feel old when you call me mister… by the way, what can I call you?”

“Jaejoong…”

YunHo stood and clutched the first aid kit with one hand, “all right Jaejoong… good night…”

“Thank you… YunHo…”

Jaejoong smiled as he followed the photographer with his eyes while the latter settles himself on the couch in front of the pictures he was supposed to show his friends. YunHo chanced one last look at the angel and smiled to himself seeing Jaejoong sleeping peacefully.

YunHo then decided to check his mobile phone and he frowned when he saw 15 missed calls and 40 text messages… he sighed and dialed the number of one of his best friends and waited on the line…

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoochun-ah… sorry about earlier.”

“YunHo hyung!?!?! What happened to you? Why didn’t you come to the meeting place? I was going to introduce my boyfriend to you but you ditched us.”

“I… something came up… I might be able to meet you in two to three days though… you can introduce your boyfriend then…”

“Okay… I’ll tell Junsu. Are you all right though?”

“Yes of course… why do you ask?”

“It’s nothing… just a gut feeling… anyway, I gotta go. Junsu’s waiting for me… I’ll talk to you soon, hyung.”

“All right…. Talk to you soon…”

YunHo closed his phone with a snap and gave one last glance at the sleeping angel on his bed and he laid down and slept.

Morning came and YunHo was surprised to see Jaejoong already showered and wearing his clothes… “Good morning, Jaejoong…”

Jaejoong smiled shyly, “Good morning YunHo…. I wanted to make you something to eat to thank you but… I don’t know how to use these…things… I’m sorry…”

YunHo chuckled and smiled back… “its okay… tell you what… how about I go out and buy us something to eat instead?”

Jaejoong smiled and YunHo felt like his heart would burst at any moment, “Okay… I’ll wait for you then… Yunnie…”

“Yunnie?”

Jaejoong gasped and looked down, “I-I’m sorry… I just felt like calling you that and…”

The photographer gave a full laugh at the adorableness of the beauty in front of him and he silently thanked God for giving him the opportunity to be with the divine being… “Jaejoongie, you can call me anything you want.”

Jaejoong looked up, gratitude and something more intense reflected in his eyes… YunHo stared back at those beautiful doe like eyes with the same intensity until he heard the rumble of his own tummy… “ah mianhe.. I’m going out for a bit…”

Jaejoong nodded and he watched as YunHo put on his jacket and shoes, waving cutely at his savior.

YunHo walked out of his apartment with a wide smile on his face… he whistled while walking to the grocery a few blocks away… listing things that Jaejoongie might like in his head.

Half an hour later and YunHo walked back to the apartment where his angel is waiting… “ah I hope Jaejoong likes strawberry milk…”

When he reached the door to his apartment, he found it open and a feeling of dread filled his entire being…  “Jaejoong….”

YunHo ran inside and saw that his apartment was turned upside down… two men were holding each of Jaejoong’s arms and he was struggling.

“Let him go!”

YunHo threw the groceries and ran to rescue Jaejoong… “YunHo no!”

“Ack!”

The photographer felt someone punch him in the gut but he stood up and tried again… he accepted all the punches, kicks and beatings but he still struggled to get up.

The men who were holding Jaejoong looked at each other and one lifted his hand then Yunho felt that something was squeezing the life out of him and he slumped on the floor, “I… just kill me… but please… let Jaejoong go…”

“No! YunHo… stop… please…”

YunHo’s face now sported a black eye and his lip is bleeding but he still struggled to get up… “Jaejoong… don’t go with them… please… stay with me…”


One of the white men released Jaejoong’s arm and walked to YunHo giving him another punch in the face and a kick in the stomach making the photographer sputter blood.

“YunHo!!!!!!”

Jaejoong’s wings spread majestically and he was enveloped in a white light…. The men holding Jaejoong were thrown on opposite sides of the room, his light conquering YunHo’s apartment.

YunHo felt the dread in his heart once again and the tears started falling freely… “Jaejoong… no…”

The angel smiled and mouthed “I love you YunHo….” Then everything turned white…

=============================================================

YunHo checked out his reflection on the full length mirror he has on his room. He fixed the collar of the trench coat that he was wearing and arranged the spikes in his hair…

“Ahh… my head…”

YunHo clutched his head in pain and his eyes widened at the white feather present on the floor…  still holding his head, he crouched and picked up the feather… twirling it around.

*riiiiiing* *riiiing*

Ignoring the alarm, he waited till the photographs on his desk scattered on the floor and his mobile phone start ringing…

As soon as it did, he grabbed his camera and looked for the last shots he took…

The last shot was of an angel flying in the sky, his majestic wings spread… soft brown locks playing with the wind… and tears fell from his eyes… “I love you too… Jaejoong.”