Need You

So Thank You

Momo almost drifted off to her slumber land when suddenly she heard a loud knock on her door.

She by reflex looks at her side and found her roommate looking back at her, almost as if mimicking her expression which is a mix of confusion, curiosity and slight annoyance.

 

“Who’s that? It’s like super late now.” Jeongyeon mumbled in disapproval. She looks all ready to nag anyone who’s standing behind their door right now.

 

Momo doesn’t want any of her member to start picking a fight with each other at this hour. They’re all worn out and badly need a peaceful rest. And she knows her roommate’s temper very well.

 

“I’ll check it. You can stay on bed.” Momo said as she drags her feet to open the door.

 

Once she opened the door, her eyes widen in surprise as she let out a gasp.

 

“Sana-yah! What’s----“

 

“Momorin!”

 

Momo can’t even finish her words because Sana with tears running down from her eyes suddenly run into her and pulled the older girl into a desperate-tight hug. She’s clinging on to her as she’s weeping harder.

 

“H-hey.. You’re okay?” Momo despite feeling confused and worried for the girl in her embrace, still trying to act calm as she’s patting Sana’s head softly to calm her down. She’s even tiptoeing a little so she can give a peck on top of Sana’s head. She knows Sana always like this kind of affection. Sana is still a baby, after all. Her big clumsy baby.

 

“Ssshh. Don’t cry. I’m here now. I’m here. Tell me what’s wrong, Sattang.” The way Momo so gently treating her, and the way she called her with her nickname with so much love in her voice only make Sana cries harder. It sends Momo into a bigger panic attack.

 

“Wh—“

 

 “Y-you’re here. I-i’m so glad that y-you’re here.” Sana hardly said in the middle of her sobs.

 

“Of course i’m here. I’m always here.” Momo tighten her hold on Sana’s body.

 

“No.. Y-you’re gone.. For a moment there. I couldn’t find you. I’m so s-scared.” She’s still hiccupping but seems a bit calmer now. All thanks to Momo’s constant pats and soft kisses.

 

“What do you mean? Were you having a bad dream earlier?” Momo might be stupid and dense at times, and slow too in catching things. But when it comes to Minatozaki Sana, she can’t be that ignorant and clueless. She will never. She will always understand. Because she understand Sana the best.

 

Sana nodded.

 

Momo suddenly feel a pat on her back.

 

“I’ll sleep on Sana’s bed tonight. You sleep with her tonight and take care of her, okay?” Jeongyeon softly told her roommate from behind.

 

Momo smiled even though she knows Jeongyeon can’t see her face right now, and lifted her left hand up to give her an ‘OK’ sign before she place her hand on Sana’s back again.

 

“And you..” Jeongyeon continues. And Momo knows that Jeongyeon is no longer talking to her. She’s talking to Sana now.

 

“She might left you once. Almost left you. But she will never ever leave you for the second time. I can see that. Everyone can see that. So stop being so anxious and pitiful will you?” Jeongyeon half-jokingly nag the crybaby who’s still hugging Momo protectively.

 

Both Sana and Momo keep their silence. Seeing that Jeongyeon just chuckled and ruffles Sana’s hair. She then bid the two Japanese girls good night and leave the room with her blanket.

 

Momo gently breaks the hug but keep a close distance between them.

 

“Wanna lay down with me and talk?” Momo softly asked with a smile. Her hands find a way to Sana’s face to wipe the remaining tears on the younger girl’s face.

 

Sana could only close her eyes and sighed in contentment as she feels Momo’s warm touches on her face. “Yeah, sure. That sounds nice.” She answered still with her eyes close. But there’s a small smile on her face as she speaks.

 

Momo always did this to her. The older girl will always be there to wipe away her tears and bring back a smile to her face.

***

 

Now both girls are lying comfortably on Momo & Jeongyeon’s bed with their hands holding each other’s.

 

“So.. do you want to tell me about your bad dream?” Momo lays sideway to take a better look at Sana.

 

“Gosh.. now that i think about it again, it’s quite embarrassing actually.” Sana groaned and hide her face behind her hands.

 

Momo just chuckled and pried Sana’s hands off of her face. “Hey, just tell me, Sana-chan! I mean i was ALWAYS there, in your each and every embarrassing moments so what else to hide from me?” Momo laughed. Sana too involuntarily laughed with her because what Momo said is indeed right.

 

“You’re right, but still! Can’t we just go to bed and sleep now?” Sana too by now following Momo, lying sideway and look into the older girl’s eyes with her pleading puppy eyes.

 

“Fine.” Momo finally said. “Let’s just sleep. If that’s what you want.” Momo relented.

She will always have a soft spot for Sana anyway. She knows that. She bet Sana herself knows that too.

 

Sana went silent for a while, as if she’s thinking hard right now and having an internal batle with herself.

 

While Momo.. She decided to not pry because she doesn’t want to force anything to Sana even though deep down inside she still feel worry and a bit restless too.

She wants to know what kind of bad dream that caused Sana to shedding so much tears like earlier. The poor girl looked so terrified and scared when she first opened the door for her. She still clearly remember the look in Sana’s eyes. Those eyes look so sad. Filled with hurt and fear. She hates to witness Sana in that kind of fragile and helpless state. But if Sana doesn’t want to tell her, she will accept it.

 

Momo turned off the lamp in the room and pull the blanket up to cover both of her and Sana’s body since they’re sharing Momo’s blanket for tonight.

Sleepiness starts to kick in.

And again, just when Momo almost drifted to her slumber land, Sana got to stop her again for the second time.

 

“I dreamt about our Sixteen day..” Sana suddenly speaks. Her voice was low.. Barely like a whisper. But with a total silence engulfing the room, Momo of course still can catch it.

So Momo forcefully shot her sleepy eyes open. Screw sleeping. Sana needs her and that’s the only thing that matters right now.  

 

“It was our final episode. But when JYP PD-nim read out the final members of Twice, he didn’t call your name, Mo.” Suddenly Sana’s voice get shaky. Momo immediately throw the blanket between them away and pulled Sana into her embrace.

Sana hugs her back almost immediately.

 

“I wait and wait.. but he still didn’t call you. My heart starts to pound so hard against my chest. My hands become so cold. I wanted so bad to scream from where i stand and told him that he forget to call you up. I opened my mouth but i suddenly lost my voice. I desperately searched for you in the crowd, and i found you there, looking back at me. You’re smiling at me, but your eyes.. they are looking at me as if they’re saying g-goodbye.” Sana lost it. She starts to sob.

 

“Sssshh. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.. I don’t know that memory still haunts you like this. I’m sorry, Sana-yah.” Momo found herself silently shedding tears too.

 

Sana can feel the sudden dampness on the colar of her pajamas where Momo buried her face.

 

“No. Please don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault.” Sana whispered in Momo’s ear and kisses it.

 

“It’s not like you wanted to leave. To leave me. You’re the one who got hurt the most here, Mo. You’ve been through a lot. But i’m so proud of you, Hirai Momo. You know why? Because you won the fight. You overcame those obstacles they threw at you. And most importantly, you came back.. You found your way back to us. To me. And i’ll forever be grateful for that.” Sana genuinely confessed and rewarded Momo with a lingering kiss on her forehead.

By now Momo is the one who’s sobbing hard while Sana just smile at her with her clear beautiful orbs looking at Momo. Her soft gaze melts Momo’s heart all over again.

 

Yeah, Sana owned Momo’s heart. Momo herself doesn’t know since when. And when she realized it, it’s just too late to undo it.  So she decided to just keep loving Sana and never stops.

 

“Thank you, Sana-yah.” Momo sincerely said as she snuggled deeper into Sana’s warm embrace.

 

“No. I should be the one who thank you, Momo-yah..

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for coming back and never leave again after that.

Because i really need you to stay here with me. You have no idea.

So thank you.”