Pranked?

love, she said
Pranked?
chapter 7
What the .

I threw my phone across the bleachers only for Hyejin to catch it with her scary, cat-like reflexes. Sharing the screen with Irene, they both continued scrolling on my phone and giggling like maniacs. 

"H-hey! Give me my phone back you idiots!" I scrambled over and snatched my phone out of Hyejin's claws, looking at the recent messages. 'ilyt, where do you wanna go? :)' I had to physically restrain myself from whipping my phone across the gym and hitting on of the girls from SM.

With my palms sweaty, I shakily sent back an excuse. 'oh haha Hyejin wrote that'. 

Before I could realize it, Joohyun and taken my phone right out of my grasp and handed it to Hyejin while laughing her off. 

"Is this funny to you?! Get over here!" I tried to choke her but alas, she was just too quick for me to grab her. Meanwhile, Hyejin sat on the side, typing rapidly on my phone.

"Why you little demons-" Once again, I stole my phone back from Hyejin and hoped that what she typed wasn't anything stupid. 'it was Moonbyul don't believe her she thinks you're joking'.

'I mean.. are you joking..?

Her response was shocking. 'Ofc not lmao wheres Byul, i wanna kiss her'.

My heart froze, but my face heated up. "Aww Byulie is embarrassed!" Was this just a joke..? A prank that they decided to play on me because I was being too mean to Hyejin lately. Although it was quite a lot, I wouldn't be surprised if Hyejin was the mastermind behind all of this. Again, she could be quite.. cruel when she wanted to.

Yongsun on the other hand... god, what was I thinking?! I barely knew the girl. It's not like I made much of an effort to talk to her afterall. Of course I knew her as this sweet, nice girl, but who knows if she's just faking it, and under all that is a horrible person.

Not wanting to assume the worst quite yet, I sent her more messages. 'omg sorry Solar I think Hyejin forgot that you rejected me.. sorry.' Before either of Satan's twin daughters could reach for my phone, I turned it off, smirking evilly as they failed over and over again to obtain the pin to unlock my phone.

Pouting, Hyejin handed back my phone hesitantly, knowing that nothing would happen if she just kept my locked phone. I gave her a smug grin, sitting down on the other edge of the bleachers. 

'what are you talking about Byulie :p, go out with me or else ill shoot you >:(', I giggled slightly at her cuteness, attracting the two demons to come over and disturb me some more. It was like they smelled emotions and fed on mine.

Both of them peeking over my shoulder, they exchanged expressions from curiosity to pure glee. "Look at that! She loves you!" I smacked Joohyun in the shoulder, my face definitely beet red. 

"S-Shut up, this isn't a funny joke you morons." My hands shook- I could hear the coaches screaming, whistles blow, yet the only thing I could focus on were the texts in front of me. 

'uhh I don't think you want that.. you're really pretty and im just.. me i guess'.

I could feel all my insecurities rushing back, all the bad memories I had, subconsciously glancing down at my thighs and calves. It wasn't easy to feel confident when all the other girls literally looked like walking sticks.

'wth don't say that! You're perfect.' I could feel my heart beat faster. Was it bad that I was starting to believe that she actually liked me.. Was it even possible for someone to feel that way towards me..?

'but like Yongsun.. I know you don't like me lol'

I put down my phone for a second, staring at my lap in disbelief. What am I thinking, Yongsun would never like a girl like me.. and plus, she had admitted that she didn't like me just a few days prior. Whatever stupid prank she was pulling was not funny. But I liked it.

'prove it Moonbyul! How can you say that when I literally ing think of you all the time. I missed you the whole entire day :('.

My heart stopped again. Was she actually serious..? I looked towards Hyejin with pleading eyes. "Is this a joke Hyejin?" She winced, seeing me so distraught for once in a long time. "N-no Byul, I promise it's not a joke. She actually likes you okay?"

I couldn't process it. None of this made sense. "If she actually likes me then why'd she say that she doesn't just a few days ago! She's literally playing with my feelings and this isn't funny Hyejin." She looked at me with pursed lips, gesturing towards my phone. "Maybe you should ask her yourself."

I gulped, opening up our DMs. Playing with my feelings huh.. sounds like something I do quite a lot. I sighed. Does it allways hurt this much when someone plays with you..? Did they like me as much as I like Yongsun?? 

'Hyejin sent me a screenshot of you saying that you didn't have feelings for me.' I waited for a response, but she kept typing and deleting her messages when finally she sent a text back.

'Well guess what byul?! People change! I change and I did! I LIKE YOU. AND I CANT HELP IT. You hear that Moonbyul?? I LIKE YOU IDIOT.'

I stared at my phone for a few moments before turning it off. All of this.. all of this was so suspicious. The girl of my dreams rejects my love and then a few days later she just likes me?? It didn't make sense one bit. But did I really care at this point? Not really. Or maybe I just didn't want to think about it. A part of me knew that she probably had another reason for liking me but for now I just wanted to believe that she liked me for me. Just me. Please..?

Another notification from Yongsun. 'dating's not for me though. I can't date, I'm so at it. I always end up hurting peoples feelings.' I laughed bitterly, if only she knew how much she was hurting me currently.

'Oh that's fine.. I'm just surprised that you like me back, afterall it's only been a few days since you denied having any feelings for me :l'

At the moment, I was so absorbed in texting her that I had forgot all about the real world that was happening. "Oi Byulie! I'm going home alright? Send me screenshots of what she said or else I'll get them myself. Love you!"

And just like that Hyejin and Joohyun left the gymnasium, content on what they'd accomplished today. I sighed and packed my things. I guess it was time I went home too.

author’s note
omg hello im sorry i havent updated in so long i try to maintain a update once a week schedule but I had a lot of classes etc to do and I actually went to Korea haha you'll see that in future chaps :P im sorry the chap is so short I actually completed it before but it got deleted which is so frustrating ugh. Anyways see ya hhh