vivi’s intro + prologue

our spotlight of fate

kahei is a quiet girl and will always be. she's only loud when around her bestie, haseul. she would be so comfortable around her that she could even spill her secrets with no hesitation at all. well, maybe.

 

her mom left just when she was a baby, leaving her dad stuck with a kid he couldn't even manage. she did things on her own, sometimes even taking care of her own father when it was supposed to be reversed. kahei loved her dad, but she always got in trouble - making him irritated. and whenever she came to haseul to rant, haseul always listened with love in her eyes. that's what kahei liked about haseul: her eyes.

 

haseul’s eyes show everything from kahei’s view. if she's sad, frustrated, angry, or if her eyes are just showing love. kahei can see it all and she appreciates haseul as her best friend. (bye i feel so bad for haseul aa—)

 

there isn't much about kahei. from another person’s point of view, she’d just look like that normal cute girl everyone would fall her. another plus: she's smart as heck. ever since haseul taught her Korean she jumped up so high in her classes that everyone thought she was a robot.

 

she didn't even have to try and she was proud of her work since it got easier for her dad. well... sometimes. a while ago, haseul and kahei got in trouble for burning down a classroom. they didn't know how though and it got them almost suspended. 

 

another time was when some girls were bullying haseul and it ended up with fire. somehow, kahei was also blamed for it since she was just watching them. (psst. haseul burnt their hair like fried chicken.) but how did it even end up that way? we don't know.

 

you could call them the troublemakers since they always find a way to make things - uh, light up. 

 

it was a Monday and the duo was together like always. they were holding hands and skipping to Block Berry High where everybody hated them due to haseul killing some girls hair. kahei was her best friend so of course, she was blamed too. 

just as they were approaching the gates, a teacher ran to them with her bun all messed up. the duo was a bit confused about why she came to them, but they stayed calm. 

 

”the principal wants you two in the office, ” she calmly said. ”you two aren't in trouble. well, kind of.” 

she turned her back on them and sauntered off, leaving them like a human just left a stick in front of a cat. (i don't know, okay-) 

-

the hallway was oddly quiet and not so packed like other days. from afar, they could already see the door open wide. haseul squeezed kahei’s hand and both they walked towards the office.

 

haseul entered first and bowed softly, seeing two other girls here. kahei came after and did the same, realizing who they were.

 

”haseul, kahei, please sit down, ” he stated softly, but it was still scary. ”so, if you want to know why the 4 of you are here - it's because of some problems you all did.”

 

no one spoke.

 

”for example, you, hyunjin, started a fight in classroom B4,” he coughed. ”having this young lady” he pointed at heejin, ”included.”

”want to tell me how it started?”

 

heejin stayed quiet, looking down at her feet.

 

”they were laughing at her, ” hyunjin whispered.

”i’m sorry, what?”

”they were laughing at heejin after some douchebag set up a trap and she fell into it. what was i supposed to do? just sit there and stare at her while she was being humiliated?” hyunjin remarked, her voice getting louder with each word.

 

”still, that isn't a reason to start a fight.”

 

she scoffed. ”yeah, whatever.”

 

then the principal talked about other problems. haseul and kahei starting a huge fire; hyunjin flooding the girl’s restroom; heejin stealing some teacher’s expensive car and whatnot.

 

”you four are going, i’m sorry. i can't have any more trouble in this area.”

 

they all had their mouths wide open, flabbergasted.

 

”get out.”