Fight

Summer job

Daesung sighed, taking a deep breath and leaned his head against Youngbae's shoulder. He closed his eyes, as tears trickled down his cheeks. The wind rustled softly through Daesung's hair, staining his cheeks a pale pink color. Youngbae slowly turned to look at Daesung. Immediately, Daesung's eyes flew open, blushing, he quickly moved away from Youngbae.

"U-uh...s-sorry. I'm uh.."

Youngbae shook his head.

"No, don't worry. I know you're not feeling too good right now. But I need to get back to work soon. I will see you in a few days when you start. Also, don't forget to give this to Sam. And I can come with you tomorrow if you want, if you're scared." Youngbae said, slowly wiping the tears away.

Daesung blushed redder, smiling.

He nodded.

"Yes please." He muttered.

Youngbae nodded.

"Okay. What time is your class? I can let Grandma know I have a lot of school work and can't work tomorrow." Youngbae said.

Daesung stayed quiet.

"Uhm...well..I have my first class at 6am. But I don't want to take you away from work..." He said, hesitantly.

Youngbae smiled slowly.

"Trust me, she won't mind. Besides, I said I want to take care of you. I promise to take care you, okay?" 

Daesung smiled widely.

"Okay." He muttered.

"Okay, then it's settled. I'll meet you at the shop tomorrow morning around 5:30am." Youngbae stated.

Daesung nodded.

The two stayed quiet, standing outside the shop. 

"W-well...I guess I better get back to work." Youngbae said, motioning to the shop.

Daesung nodded.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow. Thank you." Daesung said.

Youngbae nodded, playing with Daesung's hair, and gently hugging him.

Daesung winced from the pain. Youngbae quickly jumped away. Staring at Daesung, concerned.

"Daesung?" He asked.

Daesung shook his head, looking away.

"I'm fine." He answered.

Youngbae didn't move his gaze.

"No, what happened? Did he do something else?"

"I-...no." Daesung replied.

"Daesung...please, tell me."

Daesung stayed quiet for a few minutes before finally giving in.

"H-he...kicked me a few times in the stomach. It's sensitive." Daesung said softly.

Youngbae glared.

Daesung gulped.

Youngbae clenched his teeth and fists.

"Next time you're in trouble, call me. You have my number right?" He said.

Daesung nodded.

"Okay, maybe I'll give you a ride home." Youngbae said.

Daesung shook his head.

"Well thank you but that's not necessary." He said.

"Daesung I don't want you to be alone." 

"I know, but I'll be okay. I live right up the street from here. I'll text you when I get home in 10 minutes."

Before Youngbae could protest, his grandmother called for him to come into the shop.

"Okay but I'll see you tomorrow. Okay?" Youngbae quickly said.

Daesung nodded, smiling weakly. Daesung made his way towards his house. He texted Youngbae the whole time in order for Youngbae not to worry. Finally, as promised, after getting home, he texted letting Youngbae know he made it safe. His mother was still at work, she would be working late. Daesung flopped on the bed, groaning, he fell asleep almost instantly. Later that night, he woke up to the sound of his mother's vehicle pulling into the driveway. He check his phone, smiling instantly.

"Don't forget to tell your mom about you. Be brave." 

Daesung calmly went out into the kitchen, his mother was setting her purse and coat down.

"Hi honey, how was your day?" She asked.

"U-uh...good. good. It was great." Daesung stammered.

She smiled, giving him a strange look.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

He froze, thinking about the video, shuttering slightly.

"M-mom...there's something I need to tell you..." He said quietly.

"What is it my son?" She asked, slightly concerned.

Suddenly, he bursts into tears.

"Mom..." He whimpered.

"Please...don't hate me."

"Daesung, what are you talking about? Why would I hate you?" She asked, worried.

"Mom...you...um...what if I didn't like...women? What if I wanted to be with a man? W-would you still love me?" He stammered through tears.

"Oh my baby..." She whispered, hugging him tightly, while he cried into her shirt.

She softly ran her fingers along his back.

"Honey, I could never hate you. You are my one and only son. Nothing could make me hate you. Especially who you fall in love with. I don't care, as long as you are happy and they treat you well." 

He nodded, hugging her tightly, despite the pain in his stomach. Later that night, Daesung couldn't sleep, he was thinking about Youngbae earlier. They were so close to each other. He couldn't be wait to see him in the few short hours left. Finally, it was time for Daesung to meet Youngbae. He walked down to the shop, waiting patiently for Youngbae. After a few minutes, Youngbae drove up to the shop, smiling as he saw Daesung.

"Good morning." He said.

Daesung nodded.

"Morning." 

"You look tired, do you want to get coffee before class?" Youngbae offered.

Daesung nodded, approvingly.

Youngbae laughed as Daesung leaned his head against the window. 

"Aw poor thing. Did you tell your mom?" 

"Yea. She took it really well." He answered.

"I'm glad. So where are we meeting this guy at?" Youngbae asked.

Daesung thought for a moment.

"I-i don't know. He didnt-"

"Hey Dae!" 

Daesung shuttered, hearing that obnoxious tone.

"H-hey...Sam..." He said.

"Do you have my money?" He asked straight away.

Daesung nodded, handing over the money.

"Please, leave me alone from now on." 

"Aww why? You're too fun to mess with." He scoffed.

Youngbae's eye twitched, irritated.

"You have your money, leave him alone now. Got it?" Youngbae said with a growl to his voice.

Sam smirked.

"Daesung are you too weak to fight your own battles that you had to have your friend stand up for you? You're pathetic." 

"At least I'm loved." Daesung said, bitterly as he his heel, walking away.

Youngbae followed closely.

"I'm proud of you." He said, smiling.

"Thank you, but I couldn't have done it without you."