Flustered Daesung

Summer job

A few weeks passed by, Daesung was at home relaxing in his room. Daesung had just finished his first couple weeks of work. He liked it so far. Youngbae was a great role model and coworker. Daesung smiled, remembering when he was on a register for the first time, Youngbae didn't leave his side until he was comfortable. The gentle touches of encouragement youngbae gave, such as rubbing Daesung's back or his soft smile. Youngbae was so sweet. He helped Daesung with everything he needed. They would spend their lunch breaks together, often times, Youngbae paid. Daesung  blushed slightly as the thought of kissing Youngbae and holding his hands entered his mind. In his vision, he pictured him and Youngbae laying on Daesung's bed as he kissed Youngbae gently. Daesung froze. He screamed and smacked his fists to his head.

"Stupid Daesung don't fall for it again!" He shouted.

Daesung shut his eyes, hoping to sleep or think of something else. Luckily, his attempt at sleep was successful. He awoke early the next morning, the first thing to come to mind was Youngbae. He groaned, punching his pillow. He had to go work with him now. Daesung got ready and walked to the shop, greeting Youngbae's grandma as he entered.

"Good morning." He said politely, with a bow.

She smiled bowing back.

"Good morning, dear. Just so you know, I will be gone for a good part of the day. I have meetings today so you and Youngbae will be here alone. Do you think you can handle it?" She said.

He nodded, gulping.

She smiled as she left the store.

Daesung sighed standing behind the counter, waiting for customers. Youngbae came out from the back, he had been working freight so he was sweating. His tank top soaked and sticking to his body. Daesung blushed, screaming internally.

"Hey Dae!" Youngbae said happily.

"Uh..hi..." He answered quietly.

"I-i'm gonna wipe down the shelves." Daesung said.

Youngbae nodded.

"Stupid. Why do I even like you, you cruel man." Daesung grumbled.

Once freight was finished, Youngbae quickly cleaned up in the bathroom before returning to the floor. He walked out to see Daesung ringing up a customer. He smiled proudly. Once the customer left, Daesung noticed Youngbae smiling. He furrowed his brows.

"What are you smiling at?" He asked.

"Oh nothing. Just proud of my little associate." He said, ruffling Daesung's hair.

Daesung smiled awkwardly and slowly back up. 

"I-i'm gonna go check if the freezer needs to be filled." He said quickly before leaving.

Youngbae shook his head and stayed by the register. Daesung stood in the freezer for a few minutes trying to calm down. Was Youngbae trying to make Daesung frustrated? He had to be. Right? A few more minutes passed by, Youngbae started to get worried. He walked back to the freezer, knocking on the door.

"Daesung?" He called.

Daesung opened the wide freezer door.

"Uh... freezer's good." He said sliding past Youngbae.

Youngbae rolled his eyes and grabbed Daesung's wrist, pulling him back. Daesung and Youngbae stared at each other for a few minutes.

"Why are you acting so weird lately?" Youngbae asked.

Daesung stayed quiet, staring at Youngbae.