Night Talks

Body Talk

A/N: This is a short one that has been in my draft since last year and i actually don't know how to continue it because it's different from what i usually write but hey, maybe a change isn't that bad? Please kindly tell me what i should do to improve my writing. Thank you😚

 

"Do you know the new intern i told you before? She keeps hitting on me today"

"I think we need to move the coffee table in the living room"

"What should i cook for breakfast? I have more time tomorrow"

"Do you think we should move to the higher floor?"


That was just a few of her questions that pops up every night. Her girlfriend is chatty, she can't help it. She can tell her to stop rambling and just sleep but she won't . She just stares at her with one hand supporting her head and the other plays with her fingers, or hair. It calms her, the voice, the expressions, if she could take screenshots from what she seeing she believes that she could have hundreds of different photos in a minute. 

She hums and responds to every words that comes out of her. Even the silliest questions like which blue would match their kitchen better. It was silly for the rest of the world but not for her girlfriend. She would always do everything with her all. One time they play the sims, and she needed a month to finish the house. 

"You know i can practice there to built our future home"

Bless her pure soul. 

Tonight was no different, she already on bed, scrolling her instagram. Her girlfriend still in the bathroom doing her night routine. Soon after she followed her on the bed, nuzzled her left arm. 

"I love you" her voice muffled between her arm and pillow.

No, tonight was slightly different, she knows it. Her girlfriend's insecurities came. That was silly thought but it never silly when it's about her.

"I know, baby." She responds as she puts her phone on the nightstand, turning to face her girlfriend. "I love you, too." She says while caressing her hair until she feels her left arm wet. She is crying.

She pulls her girlfriend up so she can rest her head on her chest. She continues to caress her hair and her other hand holding her close tightly.

It goes on for minutes, she keeps holding her until she felt the limb on her chest relaxed. She hears her even breathing and she knows her girlfriend probably fell into slumber. 

She hold her and turn them both on their sides, her girlfriend stirred a little and she hummed her favourite song while rubbing her back. 

She didn't sleep that night.