Chapter 2: New Classmate?

If We Were A Season (Story Inspired)

They arrived at school, with them out of breaths because of running.

And because they are late, the school gates are finally closed.

So they find a way to sneak into the school. 

“Lift me up.” Minju told her. 

Chaeyeon did what she said.

They are sneaking up to the school wall.

Chaeyeon looks at her. 

“Hey! Don’t look!” Minju said.

“I’m not and I don’t want to.” Chaeyeon replied. 

“Why are you so heavy? Hurry up!” Chaeyeon said weakly and irritatedly. 

“Push me higher.” Minju said.

“Hey, are you really trying your best?” Chaeyeon asked annoyingly. 

“How dare you nag me?” Minju questioned.

When Minju reached the top of the wall, she saw a tall girl sitting on the grass, with a lollipop on .

The girl turns around, looking at her in shock. Minju stares at her, with the same expression  as well.

However, Chaeyeon, reached the top of the wall and accidentally pushed Minju.

Minju screamed, the unknown girl runs fast to catch her but it’s already too late because she already lands on the ground with a loud thump.

Chaeyeon looks at Minju in shock.

“Are you okay?” the unknown girl asked Minju. 

She helps her to stand up but Chaeyeon who finally realized what has happened, hurriedly went down to help Minju, ignoring the help of the tall girl.

“Are you alright?” Chaeyeon asked Minju with concern and helps the girl to stand up.

Chaeyeon turns around and look at the tall girl with a cold and confused expression. 

“Who are you?” Chaeyeon asked.

The unknown girl just looked at her with the same expression.

Meanwhile, the three of them went to the same class, the teacher introduced the unknown girl that the two encountered earlier.  

“We have a new student, she’s from seoul.” The teacher, Ms. Kwon Eunbi said.

The students began to chatter about the new student. 

“Hey, Quite down!” The teacher shouts.

The whole class fills with silence.  

“My name is Ahn Yujin.” the tall girl finally introduced herself to the class.

But Chaeyeon, feels something strange to the new student. 

“Kim Minju!” The teacher calls.

“Yes?” Minju looks at them.  

“She’s the class president, ask her if you have any questions.”  The teacher informs Yujin, she nodded.

While Yujin is walking to her desired seat, she looks at Minju and smiled, Minju did the same to the girl.

Chaeyeon saw how the two interact, and glares at Yujin. 

“That’s all for today, you may go now.” The teachers said. 

Students began to leave the classroom, but some of the students stayed including the three of them.

“First class hasn’t even started yet, why are you putting on your shoes already?” Minju asked Chaeyeon who is busy putting on her shoes. 

“I’m putting them on now so i can run off for lunch.” Chaeyeon replied.  

Minju noticed that the shoelaces are not tied properly.

“Gosh, tie your laces properly, this is why you keep falling.” Minju sits on the chair beside Chaeyeon.  

She lifts up Chaeyeon’s foot and fix her shoelaces. 

“If you studied this hard, you would’ve become the 2nd top student in school.” Minju told Chaeyeon.  

“Why not the top student?” Chaeyeon asked looking at her. 

“Because I’m the top student.” Minju confidently replied.

Yujin watches their conversation, she thought- 

“They must be so close to each other.”  And that made Yujin upset.

After the school ends, Chaeyeon and Minju went to the library.

Minju studies for her academics and of course, Chaeyeon, was in a deep sleep. 

Minju kicks Chaeyeon under the table, Chaeyeon suddenly wakes up. 

“Just go home.” Minju said.  

“Just go ahead and finish it up.” Chaeyeon replied sleepily and continues to take a nap. 

Minju didn’t argue and let Chaeyeon wait for her. 

After Minju finished her studies, the two rides a bus on their way home.  

“Why didn’t you go home straight from the repair shop? Why did you comeback?” Minju asked her.  

“I sleep better at the library than at my home, it feels great after i sleep.” Chaeyeon replied. 

“Gosh, what a talent, you just fall asleep when you go to the library.” Minju said while giggling. 

It’s night time already and Minju falls asleep in the bus on their way home. 

Chaeyeon noticed it and put Minju’s head on her shoulder confortably.  

Chaeyeon giggled. 

“You just fall asleep when you get on the car, how can i go first? You will end up going all the way to the final stop.” 

Chaeyeon said to the younger girl who are still asleep on Chaeyeon’s shoulders.