Chapter 12 : End (Pt. 1)

If We Were A Season (Story Inspired)

Another season passes by.  

This changes Chaeyeon & Minju’s    relationship drastically and nothing is the same anymore. Chaeyeon’s barely talks to Minju and the only time she talks to her is to help her with career goal assignment but even then that is limited.     

Minju is on her room thinking of what to do about their relationship, then she heard a rock hitting on her window. 

She hurriedly open the window, revealing Chaeyeon on the other side of the window, with a frown on her face, avoiding eye contact.

”You didn’t open your window the whole summer.” Minju told her.

Then Chaeyeon throws a USB into Minju.

”It’s the videos of your basketball practice, it’s not that many.”  Chaeyeon told her. 

“Why didn’t you ask for it?” Chaeyeon asked.

Chaeyeon looks at her, Minju just looks down, silence filled between them.

”I watched it while editing, you’re really bad at basketball, because you don’t like basketball.” Chaeyeon told her.

”Don’t make your choices based on other people or job, if you hate something, no matter how hard you try, you can’t do it.” Chaeyeon added.

”You can hold it in for a few more years but not for the rest of your life.” 

Those words hit Minju hard.

”Lee Chaeyeon.” 

Minju calls. 

“Take care of your own business.” 

Chaeyeon starts to close her windown when Minju’s voice stopped her. 

“Will you not look at me forever?” 

Minju asked, frowning.

”I won’t look at you, i hate seeing the sight of you.” 

Then Chaeyeon closed her window, leaving Minju who’s tearing up.

————————————————————

It’s winter now, Minju is getting ready to go to Seoul, before she leaves, she opened the same window that she would use to communicate with Chaeyeon all the time growing up. 

Little did Minju know that Chaeyeon knew that she is leaving. 

Chaeyeon hurriedly went to the train station to see Minju. It’s been a long time for them because Chaeyeon ignored Minju for the past few weeks. 

She saw Minju sitting on a bench, waiting for the next train to arrive, with her luggages.

Chaeyeon walks slowly towards her, Minju notices her and stands up to face her. 

They look at each other, tears are starting to well up in their eyes. 

“It’s been a long time, Kim Minju.” Chaeyeon said with a sad smile on her face. 

Minju weakly smiled. 

“How have you been?” Minju asked.

“Not so good, I’ve been ignoring you, how could i be well?” Chaeyeon replied.

“You don’t know how much it hurts me Chaeyeon.” Minju said, one tear drops in her eye. 

Chaeyeon stares at her, with a hurt expression in her face. She walks towards her and wipes Minju’s tear.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know how i should face you, what i should say to you, what i should do with you and not to do with you.” Chaeyeon said. 

“I know that I’ve been ignoring you, but it doesn’t change my feelings towards you..” Chaeyeon continues.

Minju is now crying in front of her.

“So I want an answer, before you go to Seoul.” Chaeyeon said while crying.

“Minju.. please, I’m begging you, answer me honestly.” Chaeyeon said, while sobbing. 

“What do you feel about me?” 

Minju got quite for a second. 

“I-i feel the same towards you Chaeyeon, i just can’t say it.” Minju said looking at her. 

Chaeyeon looks at her in shock.

“Really? W-what about Yujin? I thought you like her?” Chaeyeon asked.

“I don’t know what’s gotten into me, but I rejected her because I’m still confused about my true feelings.” Minju replied.

“But now i realized that you’re the only one who is always right beside me when i need you. I realized that after all, it’s always you.” She continues.

“I’m sorry for hurting you so much.” She added.

Minju sobs in front of her. 

Chaeyeon looks at her, crying her eyes out. Chaeyeon feels so happy that Minju finally returned her feelings.

Chaeyeon walks towards her, she takes Minju’s hand with her left hand and intertwined it, and cups her cheek with her right hand.

“I’m so sorry for realizing this now.” Minju said looking at her.

Chaeyeon wipes her tears with her thumb.

“I’m contented and happy that you finally returned my feelings for you.” Chaeyeon smiled her, with tears dropping in her eyes.

Minju suddenly remembers that she is leaving to go to Seoul.

“But Chaeyeon, I’m leaving- 

“I will wait until you come back from Seoul.” Chaeyeon cuts her off. 

Minju looks so unsure.

“Minju, always remember that i will always wait for you okay? Don’t worry.” Chaeyeon added cheering her up.

“I will always keep in touch, I’ll always call you.” Chaeyeon said.

Minju smiles at her widely, looking at her with love and tears in her eyes.

“I want you to remember me when i come home here.” Minju said.

"Of course, how could i forget you?” Chaeyeon said, giving minju a warm smile.

Then Chaeyeon gives her a warm and tight-knit hug.

“A tight hug for an ending, to warm your heart.” 

Minju cries at her shoulder and hugs her back.

“Minju-ah, i love you, I’ll see you soon.” Chaeyeon said softly.

“I love you too, Chaeyeon.” Minju replied at her softly, still crying in her shoulder.

 

————————————————————

And that’s it! but don’t worry, there’s an ending part 2

- author