O N E

B.O.Y (TAENNIE)

"Just because I don't look at you doesn't mean I don't notice you, Jennie."

He lost it. Tears started streaming down his face. 

How did we end to this?

After that, he left me. 

*flashback


2017 

Jennie's POV

"Kim Jennie!" shouts Jisoo. Jennie who's sleeping at the moment was startled by one of her members. 

"Unnie, what's wrong it's still too early!" She responds back like a baby who still wanted to get more sleep. 

"Well today is the day that the girls and I are gonna leave. I just want all of us to have one last breakfast before we all separate for a week." Jisoo unnie exclaimed.

"So whether you like it or not get up. Breakfast will be waiting for you." 

From that moment I had no choice but to get up. As soon as I head to our kitchen I see all my members already eating and having fun conversations.

"Unnie hurry we have pancakes, your favorite!" Rosé adds. 

I smiled at my bubbly Rosie and finally sat down beside them. 

"So what time are you guys leaving?" I asked as I take a bite. 

"In a few. Why you want us all gone?" Maknae Lisa teased. 

"Actually yes, I finally get to be alone once in for all." I replied.

"Well better enjoy it cause before you know we all will be back making your life miserable again." Jisoo laughed and I chuckled.

After breakfast we said our goodbyes and parted ways. I sighed as I entered my room once again thinking of what I was gonna do for an entire week without my members. 

 

While on my bed I was startled when I heard my phone beep. 

I quickly formed a smile on my face as I read the text message. It was from our oldest member Jisoo unnie. 

Jisoo: Jendeukki, make sure you have fun without us this week. Make sure to eat your foods that I already made cause I know how much you hate cooking but only loves eating. It all should be enough to last you for an entire week. Rest well my Jennie. We will miss you for now but we will see each other again next week. 

Me: Yes unnie, have fun being with your family. And I'll try to have fun. 

Right after I sent out that reply I take a look around my room thinking of what I could do. The rest of my members are all with their family for an entire week but here I am stuck at our dorm and not knowing what to do. I would've gone back home too but my Mom isn't home and is back in New Zealand for a business trip while Dad is busy taking his time to meet up with his clients this week in Busan.

I do miss my family sometimes but sometimes are schedules don't match up that I could only see them if I tell them months in advance so we all could be together at the same time.

I finally do decide to get up and have decided that I want to go out and eat ice cream. 

I was wearing a black hoodie with my black ripped skinny jeans a long with my mask. 

Moments later I was at my favorite ice cream shop. It was a few walks away from our dorm. It is located in an area that is kind of hidden but only a certain people know where it is because it is surrounded by other businesses. I have been going to this place ever since the girls and I were just trainees and so the owners have a very special place in my heart. 

As soon as I enter the shop the owner Mrs. Kim greeted me with a full smile on her face. I tend to go here often around noon time because it is less people and sometimes there isn't even any because I guess that is the time where people are just out and about at the department stores nearby.

Mrs. Kim: Oh Jennie-sshi it has been so long since you came around. 

Me: Nae Ahjumma, I have been very busy. 

Mrs. Kim: I have figured. I'll get your usual coming. 

Me: Thank you! 

I go to where I usually sit down when I am here the corner from the back. There isn't anyone here at the moment but I feel like that this seat is mine. 

A few moments after I had come inside the shop another person comes in. I then quickly put my mask back on. 

Startled of what I was seeing was a familiar face. He had a face of an angel and he had a boxy smile that I somehow smiled just by looking at it. 

Mrs. Kim: Taehyung-sshi. It is nice to finally see you come again! 

He greeted Mrs. Kim with a hug and his whole face formed a smile. 

It wasn't very long that he was inside the shop. It seems as if he had just gotten his ice cream and right after he left. 

"I guess this has become a popular shop." I muttered as I eat my ice cream. 

I enjoyed my stay at the ice cream shop being accompanied by Mrs. Kim and her husband. They were the best couple in my opinion. Despite their age they were still very much inlove with one another. It makes me somehow jealous that I want to be able to share the feeling with someone else too one of these days. 

"It was nice seeing you guys again, and I thank you guys so much!" I smiled. 

"Anytime Jennie-sshi. Next time bring someone will you?" Mr. Kim gave me a smirk. 

I laughed and I had left the shop right after. 

As I was walking peacefully I see some of the kids playing around the corner of the streets. I smiled at them and little did I know the ball they threw on air will head my direction and I almost fell to the ground but I was caught by someone. 

It was him. The way he held me I felt as if I was safe by his side. He gave me a smile that I will never forget. It was only seconds right after I pulled away that then separated the both of us. 

"Is this your guys ball?" He handed it back to the little kids. 

"Next time just watch where you guys are throwing." He messes up one of the kids hair. 

"Yes will do." They all walk away. 

After that it was a long awkward silence between the both of us.

He finally says something to make me look up to face him. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

I did not say anything no more but instead I gave him a nod. 

Before I ever say anything he then proceeded to introduce himself. 

"I'm Taehyung." He takes off his mask and he smiled at me. 

It wasn't very long that I smiled back too though I was very shy around him. 

"I don't think we have met before." He has his hands out now as if he was waiting for me to shake his hand. 

In that moment I was frozen. Kim Taehyung of the famous Bangtan Sonyeondan is right in front of me introducing himself. 

I took a deep breath and before I could say anything he reaches for my hands and tells me to run and hide with him. All I could think of was how soft his hands were with mine and I never wanted that moment to end.

"I'm sorry Jennie-sshi, you shouldn't even be in this position right now." He apologizes to me.

I was shocked. How did he know it was me? I was still wearing my mask. It made me even questioned myself if I was really that noticeable.

As he was saying those words to me both of our hands were still holding onto one another. I was sure he noticed that I kept looking at it and so he separated both our hands.

"Don't worry as soon as the paparazzi's are gone, we both can leave." He said.

"But in the meantime what I was trying to say earlier was I don't think we've met." He smiles which is making the beat of my heart crazy.

He really has the most beautiful eyes and the most beautiful facial features I have ever seen in a guy. It is no wonder why he has won so many people's hearts. 

"Yes, sunbaenim." I finally spoke.

"Don't call me that, just call me Taehyung." He insisted.

I was about to respond back when he suddenly gets closer to where I am at and he takes off my mask which made me flustered.

"Better." He messes with my hair.

I was so drawn to the fact that he even did what he just did that I didn't even notice where we were both at. We still were in this little corner behind the sidewalks nearby the ice cream shop. The space between us were now even closer from we both started.

My heart was about to drop any second because we both were this close.

"Nini does look better in person." Taehyung gave me a smirk.

He just called me by my nickname which I was surprised.

I took all my courage to finally speak up once again.

"Sunbaenim...." I muttered.

"Taehyung.." He stopped me.

"Am I scaring you?" He asks.

I nodded to give him an answer. 

He chuckled and gave me a smile.

"Don't be scared? I don't bite." He playfully jokes around.

In that moment I couldn't help myself anymore to smile back at him. He is giving me every reason to fall for him at this very moment. We had just met but it feels like as if I have known him for so long. This is by far the longest time I have ever been with a guy because our company does not allow any of my members and I to even interact with male groups. 

He takes a look once again from where we were at and he looks back at me.

"I think it is safe to say that they are gone." 

"But before we leave. Would it be okay if I decide to bring you back to where you are headed?"

I couldn't help it to question him now.

"Sunbae. That isn't necessary."

"It is not safe for you to be out here by yourself even more than you are an idol." 

He was indeed right but still I was keeping in mind that we had just met a few moments ago. The idea of him bringing me back to my dorm was not in any of plans at all.

"I parked a few blocks from where we are at. I will head out first to get the car. If I still find you here by the time I am back I'd count that as a yes that you'll let me take you to where you are headed even if this means that it will be the last time." He leaves right after.

I stood there frozen trying to process what was happening just about now. It couldn't be real it was too good to be true. It felt like I was dreaming and that at any second I would wake up from this. 

Kim Taehyung. I sighed and I took a deep breath.

"Who are you?" I questioned myself.