Chapter 3

Let's get physical

"WAIT WAIT WAIT THAT'S A BAD IDEA" Irene said while furiously shaking her head. "SHE'LL SEE HOW LAME I AM AND I'LL LOSE WHATEVER CHANCE I HAVE WITH HER!!!"

"You're right. You are really lame," Joy said to a now angry Irene, "but I don't think she'll judge you based on your athletic abilities. You're making an effort to get in shape, and I think that's really commendable," Joy finished her thought quickly so Irene wouldn't throw a pillow at her.

",,,But what if I mess everything up?..." Irene mumbled so quietly that Joy could barely hear her. 

Yeah, she wants to physically see Wendy, but what would she do if she did something by accident that would repel Wendy away from her? Wouldn't it be better to just admire from afar, and not have Wendy hate her?

Joy easily saw Irene's inner turmoil because Irene's eyebrows were furrowed, she was biting on her lower lip and her eyes were beginning to glisten; all barely noticeable. The reason Joy noticed the slightest change in Irene's facial expressions was because they had known each other since they were best friends since elementary school.

Joy said her goodbyes to her parents and friends internally because her next decision would solve Irene's problem, but she might die in the process.

"It's alright Unnie if you don't want to, I understand there's a lot at stake. We'll just find out another way for you to find her!!" Joy said merrily.

Irene lifted her head, confused by the younger's words. 'I thought she would've forced me to meet Wendy against my will.'

"D-do you really think I'll be able to see her?" Irene asked, her voice cracking from the lump in .

"Yeah it'll work out!! I'm 100% sure!" Joy said while motioning for Irene to sit in the spot next to her. Irene complied and rested her head on Joy's lap while she the older's hair lovingly.

'Sorry mom and dad for not being as good as a daughter as you deserved.' Joy thought right before saying the words that would end her.

"But Unnie, I'm going to email Wendy so she can be my personal trainer. Maybe it'll be possible for me to have a body like Wendy's in time for summer!! Although it definitely would take a LOT of hard work to get rock-hard abs like her. I can't imagine how life would be if I was as hot as her." Joy breathed out the last sentence while fanning herself for extra visual effect.

Joy was an acting prodigy, but it was helpful that she didn't have to act like Wendy was an ethereal goddess when she's already one.

Joy might find Wendy drop dead gorgeous, but her heart already belongs to another.

That person being Rosé, obviously.

What happened next was scarier than all of the horror movies Joy's ever watched.

Combined.

Irene had slowly lifted her head off Joy's lap and looked her straight in the eyes with the intent of murder.

'Irene if you have any compassion in your soul, please don't kill me.' Joy internally pleaded while attempting not to squirm under Irene's intense gaze.

'Who is Joy to suddenly start making moves on my future girlfriend Wendy, knowing that I like her more than she could ever?'

No. One. Gets. In. Irene's. Way.

"You know what Sooyoung? I changed my mind. I'll email Wendy right now." Monotonous Irene made a comeback. Joy could tell she was seething with rage. 'She looks like an angry bunny.' Joy thought

At the thought seeing similarities between an angry bunny and an angry Irene, Joy couldn't stop herself from laughing like crazy.

"Whoa whoa Unnie, don't get so mad. I promise I won't hit on her. I was just saying that so you would stop being indecisive. Her abs practically have your name written on them." Joy said while laughing and making noises similar to ones a pterodactyl makes. Hearing Joy's words physically and mentally relaxed Irene.

"Well, I mean, it worked but that's too extreme Sooyoung!!" Irene said exasperatedly.

Joy realized her mistake and began to look down at the ground. Suddenly, the ground became very interesting. "I'm sorry Irene Unnie. I couldn't come up with any other ways to get you to email her on your own free will..." Joy mumbled after calming down. She truly felt bad about scaring Irene like that, but she only did it because she thought it would be beneficial for Irene to have competition so she could (wo)man up when she actually met Wendy.

"Aww it's okay though, thank you for helping me out of my dilemma Sooyoungie!! I appreciate that you thought of ways to try and help me." Irene said gently as she ruffled Joy's hair affectionately. "NOW LET'S GO AND CLAIM WENDY'S ABS! ARE YOU WITH ME JOY?!" Irene shouted while pumping her fist up in the air to lighten the previously somber mood.

"HELL YEAH I AM!!" Joy whooped and pumped her fist in the air, like how Irene did. "Go and get your laptop so we can begin to write the email." With that, Irene swiftly made her way out of the living room and went into her room to retrieve her laptop so she could email Wendy. Irene's room was all different shades of purple: Amethyst, lavender, lilac, violet. Joy had given her the nickname 'purple connoisseur' when they were younger and Irene did the name justice.

Once she found her laptop, she made her way back to the living room and plopped down right next to Joy on the couch and they began to draft their letter.

Cue panicked gay Irene

"Okay so it say's here that to fill out a personal trainer request for two people we need to just email her our names, some basic information about ourselves, like height and weight, and what we want to achieve. Oh! She also wants to know a little bit about us so she can get to know us better? She seems so sweet!!" Joy read off the requirements and gushed at how caring the fitness model was to her fans.

"Alrig- wait, your coming along too?" Irene said confused.

"Well, yeah I am. We don't want you making a fool of yourself right? I'll be there to watch over you and besides, I really do want to get in shape so it's a win-win for both of us!!"

"... Good to know you have such little faith in me." Irene said sarcastically. "Okay so I'll fill out mine and do you want to fill out yours?"

"Sure thing."

Ahh but one more thing Joy." 

"Yes Unnie?" Joy was now the one confused. Was Irene going to try and back out? 'Oh no, not on my watc'-' She couldn't finish her thought before Irene slammed her head on the table. 

"hOW dO i wriTE a lEtteR pRopErlY?!"

"Ugh fine, just give me the laptop. I'll do it."

Joy filled out their forms, and pressed send at exactly 4:29.

"Unnie I finished. Let's play some video games that I'm actually good at so I have a chance to beat you"

"Okay, but there's a fat chance you'll ever be able to beat me in anything Sooyoungie." Irene replied smugly, as if she didn't just have a mental breakdown 10 minutes ago.

*30 minutes later*

The word 'GAME!' flashed across the screen at least 10 times since they had started anticipating Wendy's reply.

"Unnie I'm starting to believe that I want you and Wendy to get together more than you do." Joy said annoyed at the fact she just retained her losing streak yet again.

"Oh? And why is that?" 

"If y'all are together, you won't have as much time to play video games because you'll be busy doing other things." Joy said, while nudging Irene's shoulder waiting fo her to finally get her implication.

"Wait what do you mean I'll be busy doing other thi-... Joy I'm giving you 10 seconds to run away" Irene said while blushing madly.

"YOU'RE TAKING IT THE WRONG WAY!! I MEANT THAT YOU BOTH CAN DO COUPLES' ACTIVITIES LIKE YOGA!!" Joy said frantically.

Well the thing is, Joy wasn't totally lying when she said that. She did mean that Wendy and Irene should do couples' activities. Just not yoga.

Before Irene could retaliate, they heard a 'ping' come from Irene's laptop and they both whipped their heads, facing the laptop's direction.

"Unnie I think she responded!!!" Joy said while Irene made a mad dash to retrieve her laptop. After Irene got her laptop, She scurried back on her way to Joy, and sat down next to her before opening it. She opened her inbox and there it was: an e-mail from Wendy Son.

Irene hovered her cursor over the e-mail but hesitated on actually opening the e-mail. Her fingers her trembling and made the executive decision of letting Joy read the letter instead.

"Joy can you read the e-mail out loud? I'm too nervous right now to read it." Irene said while pushing the laptop closer to Joy.

"Okay!

*Ahem*

Hello Irene and Joy!!

Thank you so much for taking up my offer for a personal trainer!! Believe it or not, you guys are actually the first to e-mail me!! I was thinking no one would actually respond, but then I received this e-mail!! Would you both like to meet up on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday each week from 6:30-8:30 at the Power Up gym? If those hours don't work for either of you, please let me know so we can figure something out. 

I was hoping that maybe we could meet up before we actually start our sessions so it wouldn't be as awkward, you know, meeting each other and immediately start working out together. Would you like to meet at the Velvet Cafe at 9:00 tomorrow morning? We can get breakfast together and it'll be on me!

Wendy Son"

Irene had to process what Joy just said. The  Wendy Son, wanted to meet her tomorrow morning and buy her breakfast so they could get to know each other? She pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"Ouch!"

Yep it's affirmative.

She isn't dreaming.

More like a dream come true.

"Unnie are you alright?" Joy asked concerned.

"Y-yeah don't worry about me. just a little overwhelmed that the love of my life Wendy Son wants to meet me." Irene exhaled while looking dreamily at a object far away.

"Don't forget I'll be there!! She wants to meet the both of us, not just you." Joy teased lovingly.

"YAH!! I knew that but why are you trying to spoil my dream?" A semi-annoyed angry Irene erupted. "Just let me enjoy this moment!"

"Okay fine, she just wants to meet you. Happy?" Joy said while rolling her eyes. "We still have to respond to her. What do you want to say?"

"Umm... can you tell her that we'd love to meet her and get to know her better? But you know, use that charisma of yours to make it sound better than what I just said"

"Yeah I gotchu Unnie." Joy said finger ginning Irene, and then resumed typing away. After she finished, Joy helped Irene pick an outfit that suited her and went home so she would be refreshed for her meeting tomorrow with Irene's future girlfriend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess who finished this chapter ahead of time? This part of the story is sort of a slow, but I promise Wendy and Irene will finally be able to meet in the next chapter. Please anticipate the upcoming chapters!! Also, please let me know if I made any errors, or if you have any suggestions!

2 side notes

1: SUMMER COMEBACK HERE WE COME!! I'm so excited for Red Velvet to emerge from the SM dungeon once again.

2: Did y'all see see the Wenrene backhug that Yeri posted? EVERYONE SAY THANK YOU KATY KIM!!

So my allusions to Red Velvet in chapter 2: Irene being a top notch rapper, Wendy's 221 posts represents her birthday, and Irene's Hyundai CF (y'all I just realized that it's Hyundai, like in Irene's nickname)

Until next time,

Ramby4