Chapter 2

Let's get physical

"Okay Unnie so from what I can find, Wendy grew up in Canada and about 2 years ago, she moved to San Francisco." Joy said, looking at Irene, who was busy still staring at the same photo of Wendy.

"Is that all you know Joy?" Irene said, knitting her eyebrows together. She wanted to find out as much as possible about her future wife and this wasn't enough.

"I'm afraid so, sorry Unnie." Joy said cautiously. If she said anything wrong while Irene was like this, she'd have to figure out how to deal with an angry Irene chasing after her.

"Park Sooyoung there's something I need to tell you." Irene looked at Joy with such a calm face, that Joy thought she was really was going to have to run away for her life.

"Y-yeah Unnie?" Joy said nervously while looking around as she started preparing to scramble for her life.

"I've never been this gay and I need your help finding her. If you love your Unnie as much as you say you do, please help me meet her so I don't have to live alone with 8 cats when I grow old!" Irene pleaded while bowing down to Joy.

Okay.

Joy was not expecting that to happen.

'Okay so the good news is that I won't have to run away screaming for mercy. But wow I've never seen Irene Unnie plead before. She must be really desperate to meet Wendy.' Joy thought. 'If I help her and Wendy get together and we all play video games together, there's a chance I won't get dragged around mercilessly...

'I need to get them together.' 

And with that concluding thought, Joy told Irene, "Okay!!! Let's get you and Wendy together!"

As soon as she said that, Joy was knocked over by a giant bear hug and an ecstatic Irene bubbling with happiness.

"JOY I LOVE YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH I'M WILLING TO DIE FOR YOU!!!" Irene screamed right next to Joy's ear.

Ouch.

Joy might be deaf in one ear now, but that's fine.

"YAH UNNIE!!! IF YOU WANT ME TO HELP YOU, GET OFF OF ME!!" Joy screeched. Hearing that, Irene jumped off of Joy as if she had the plague.

"Fine, I'll stop. Can you help me find more background information about Wendy now?" Irene asked enthusiastically.

"Wow aren't you excited? If you want to, I guess we can." Joy said with a suggestive smirk on her face while nudging Irene's shoulder. If Irene was going to spend all of their time together researching her newfound crush, then you better believe Joy's going to tease Irene for payback.

"YAH PARK SOOYOUNG!!!" Irene screamed while blushing furiously, thinking of what Joy insinuated.

* 45 minutes later*

Okay, so what they weren't expecting was that Wendy managed to keep pretty much all of her private life concealed from the public eye.

"Irene Unnie, I think it's time to stop searching the internet. We've literally found nothing new about Wendy. She obviously is keen on not sharing much about her personal life." Joy attempted to reason.

Key word: reason.

"But Joy, if I stop trying to find her, I'll never get to meet her; and if I don't get to meet her, I won't ever be able to date her. If I can't date her, then I--" Irene anxiously said before Joy put her hand over Irene's mouth. 

Joy had always thought that Irene could be a rapper if she wanted to, with how fast she can speak. 'Maybe she'd be a rapper in an alternate universe...' Joy thought.

"Fine fine, we'll keep on searching. We could try searching her Instagram account instead to see if there's anything she posted that could be useful." Joy said calmly while trying to prevent Irene from hyperventilating.

"Wait a second." Irene said realizing her mistake. "Why didn't we go though her Instagram in the first place? YOU'RE A GENIUS SOOYOUNGIE!!" Irene said, and she started jumping with joy.

"Yeah I know. It must be really hard for you having such an intellectual for a best friend." Joy said while flipping her hair. 

To be honest, Joy had thought of stalking searching Wendy's Instagram about 30 minutes earlier, but a monotonous Irene is a scary Irene. And irritating a scary Irene is something everyone avoids. At. All. Costs.

"Alright let's go search then!!" Irene said while opening Instagram.

"Unnie, her username is-" Joy began to say but was cut off by Irene cheekily saying, "It's fine Sooyoungie!! I remember it from when you showed me earlier!"

Joy had witnessed first hand how observant Irene was when they were in grade school, but even to this day it still hasn't ceased to amaze her.

'If she wanted to, she could have been a rapper OR a detective...' Joy thought.

A few seconds later, Joy as brought back into reality.

"SHE HAS 221 DIFFERENT POST?! HOW IS THAT HUMANLY POSSIBLE?!!" Joy almost fainted while seeing how much work she had ahead of her. Meanwhile Irene felt as though she her birthday came early.

'I get to see 221 different pictures of Wendy and most of them have her rock-hard abs?  BEST. BIRTHDAY. GIFT. EVER!!' Irene thought as she was this close to believing she had died and was in heaven, living her best life.

But before they could begin their search for information, Joy had an epiphany that both her and Irene would love.

Well, she'd enjoy it because even though she was also attracted to Wendy, she'd rather not spend a few hours scanning each photo.

That's only something she'd do for Rosé.

Irene, well, let's just say her dream was about to come true.

"Irene Unnie, let's get you a personal trainer."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again!! I tried my best to update this as quickly as possible. It's on the shorter side, but I wanted to get another chapter out before I get swamped with a bunch of end of year tests that involve a LOT of studying.

If I take an educated guess, I think the next chapter should be uploaded on the 28th. However, I could take more time based on school.

Did you catch my references throughout the chapter? I'm going to try to add at least one nod to something Red Velvet related in each chapter, and then say what the previous chapter's reference was. Let me know if you like the references!!

In chapter 1, the pizza costed $8.04, which is Red Velvet's debut date. (I accidentally put $8.01, but I fixed it. My bad!!)

Until next time,

Ramby4