(1)

Bratting My Way to Your Heart

The beautiful aroma of pancakes hits Luhan's nostrils as he opens the door of his bedroom.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning and the sophomore is in a good mood,until he enters the kitchen and finds his roommate his soulmate's face off,with some beautiful pancakes sizzling in the background.

Luhan sighs and rolls his eyes at the couple in front of him,''There are other people living here,you know,Zhang Yixing,''

''omph,''Yixing's soulmate Junmyeon quickly breaks the kiss off and reddens in embarrassment.Luhan finds it quiet amusing given that Junmyeon is practically a hyung to them and almost 3 years older than him and Yixing,yet he is the one that gets shy every time Luhan catches the couple doing inappropriate stuff in some corner.

''Not Sorry,''Yixing,being the erted brat that he is,scoffs,''We are just kissing.''

''Shh,''Junmyeon nudges his brat of a boyfriend and smiles apologetically at Luhan,''I'm sorry,Luhan.I was just leaving.Please the both of you enjoy your breakfast.''

''What?you are already leaving,hyung?''Luhan whines.He likes Junmyeon's company

Junmyeon smiles at Luhan's pouty face,''Sorry,i promised i'll visit my parents and Jongin today.''

''Oh,okay,bye then,hyung.''Luhan says his goodbyes and sits in a chair,snatching some pancakes from a dish

Yixing goes with Junmyeon and comes back a bit too late

''You know,Yixing,you just took a whole 10 minutes to say goodbye to your boyfriend,''Luhan teases

''whatever,Lulu..Just let your soulmate to be found and then we will see who is the grosser one,''Yixing says

''Oh so you agree that you are gross?''Luhan raises his eyebrow and laughs

Yixing rolls his eyes,''shut up and eat your pancakes,i'm heading out for the groceries,vivi''

''What the ,''Luhan fumes and throws a pancake in Yixing's direction as the later runs away,laughing obnoxiously.

Luhan huffs.

How dare Yixing ruin his mood by talking about his arch nemesis on such fine morning

Luhan looks at his forearm.where the beautiful cursive letters are : no one dares touch my vivi or y'all have a damn war on your hands

Luhan sighs,rather sadly.this are the words he will hear his soulmate say

He had always been quite a hopeless romantic and a proud nerd.Him and Yixing,they have been friends since childhood and hardcore fanboys of a kpop group -it-Sunday.

However,both of their lives were turned upside down when they had hit 16,and the got the first ever words they will hear their soulmate say.

While Yixing got the news of -it-Sunday being disbanded,Luhan got his soulmate fussing over some vivi girl

Vivi is a girl's name and Luhan's soulmate is being really protective of her.it was clear to 16 year old Luhan that His unknown jackass soulmate was having an affair behind his back and that had left the poor teen disheartened.

Now even as an adult,Luhan is mad at both his soulmate and that vivi

''Heh,that two timing unloyal hoe of a soulmate,''Luhan mutters under his breath as he aggressively munches on his pancakes.

 

🐾

 

''lulu,wake the up,''Luhan jolts and wakes up from post breakfast nap on their couch.

Luhan sits up and scratches his neck as he sees his roommate arranging week's groceries on kitchen table

''by the way,i got a good news for you,''Yixing says while opening the fridge

''Do tell,''Luhan speaks up,still a bit groggy

''Remember,all that whining you were doing that day about being broke and myeon heard you?''Yixing turns to him,''well,being the best,sweetest angel he is (Luhan cringes in the background),he found a student for you.His cousin in high school needs a math teacher,and you are like the math god,so yeah.You can tutor his cousin if you want to.''

''What? why should i tutor a high school student?''Luhan scoffs

''Because,Kyungsoo's parents are ready to pay twice the amount for your service and you are a broke uni student who needs that money?''Yixingt raises an eyebrow

Luhan chews on his bottom lip.Yixing was right

''So tell me about the student then.''Luhan says after a while

''All i know is that his name is Oh Kyungsoo,a high school freshman,Junmyeon's maternal cousin and The Oh's are Super rich.''Yixing replies,''if you are up for it,just let me know and i'll send you the address.''

 

Luhan nods.

 

 

🐾

 

 

So,that's how Luhan finds himself sitting in front of the Oh couple,on a fine sunday evening.

''So,Luhan,''Mr Oh says,''Junmyeon has told me you are exceptionally good at maths.''

Luhan blushes furiously and Mrs Oh cooes,''you are so cute!You will be a great teacher to Kyungsoo.Now,let's meet your student,shall we?''

''So,i-i'm hired?''Luhan asks,surprised.He was expecting a short interview at the least

''Oh,honey,of course,''Mrs Oh stands up and smiles at him,''Junmyeon would never send less than the best one for Kyungsoo.''

''Thank you so much,''Luhan bows in respect.The Oh's are such a cute couple.

Then he is led to a room inside.

A small boy with big round eyes opens the door and lets him in.

''Hello,i am Oh Kyungsoo,''the boy speaks up after Luhan takes a sit on the chair.

''Kyungsoo? that's such a nice name.I am Luhan,''Luhan introduces himself,''Please take a sit,Kyungsoo.''

''So tell me,what field of math do you find the hardest?'' Luhan asks

''mmm everything?''Kyungsoo says in a joking voice and Luhan laughs.Maybe this tutoring session was not going to be as boring as he had thought.

 

🐾

 

Luhan looks down at his phone and sighs.His professor's e-mail,saying the class is cancelled and a half assed apology for anouncing it in such a short notice, stares back at him.

Now,what.

All of his friends were in their respective classes,given that it was 11 in the morning.Luhan closes the email and texts his student.

 

Kyungsoo is a great kid and very smart too.Mr and Mrs. Oh dotes on him like their own one.Luhan always has a great time at the Oh's house and now he finds himself looking forward to going to the place.Nowadays,he even prefers Kyungsoo's company over Jongdae's loudass one.

Did he mention that he has developed a weird bro relationship with the quiet cute high school student?!

Luhan types a message to Kyungsoo.

To : Soo

Hey,are you at school?

Luhan turns the screen off and almost facepalms,of course a high schooler will be at school at 11 in a school day.

but his phone vibrates again and he quickly takes it out

from : Soo

No,hyung,i missed school today.Why?

To : Soo

Can i come over?!i'll bring snacks for you

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes as he reads Luhan's message.Luhan is less like a teacher and more like a whiny little brother to Kyungsoo.Almost like his own elder brother.

Kyungsoo types and sends another text

To : Lu 

trust me,You don't wanna come.There's a reason why i missed school today,and you don't wanna meet that reason.

Luhan reads the text and gets confused.What is going on?meeting that reason?

Kyungsoo just needs to learn better grammer.Luhan shooks his head and types in 

To : Soo

whatever,soo.Your teacher is coming and that's final.Bye

 

Kyungsoo just sighs and stares at the message.

 

🐾

 

Luhan rings the doorbell and waits.

Everything is normal and Kyungsoo opens the door almost immediately.

Luhan smiles and Kyugsoo shushes him before he even opens his mouth.Then drags Luhan to his room and closes the door.

''Whoa,Soo,what is happening here?''Luhan says while taking out the bags of chips and his americano.

''Nothing,it's just,my elder brother,''Kyungsoo says

''You have a brother?''Luhan asks surprised,''Where is he-''

Luhan's words get cut off with loud banging noises from upstairs

Kyungsoo sighs,''that's him.''

''OOOO,''Luhan says while sipping his coffee,''is that why you missed school today?''

Kyungsoo nods,''Yeah,Sehun and i go to school together and today he threw a tantrum and didn't let anyone leave.Mom and dad are off to office now,but i'm stuck with him.''

''Come on,is he that bad?''Luhan chuckles,amused

''OF COURSE,is that even a question.everybody knows,Oh Sehun,the brattiest brat of our school,who likes throwing tantrums about everything'',Kyungsoo rants,''He yesterday cried and fought with each one of us because someone ate his leftover piece of bread."

"Was that you who ate it?"Luhan teases

"It was just a damn piece of old bread!"Kyungsoo groans while Luhan laughs his off 

"he is just a year older than me,but he acts like he is the president or something.a teen brat,that's what he is,''Kyungsoo finishes in an angry voice

''Oh sehun,huh,''Luhan says,''so what is he angry about today?''

''it's about his dog,one of the maids touched his dog and he is screaming since morn-''

Kyungsoo gets cut off when a loud voice booms outside

NO ONE DARES TOUCH MY VIVI OR Y'ALL HAVE A DAMN WAR ON YOUR HANDS and then the sound of a door closing.

Luhan chokes violently on his americano and Kyungsoo rushes to his teacher

''oh my god,Lu hyung, are you okay?''Kyungsoo pats his back and Luhan just coughs violently.

After a while,Luhan calms down,but now he starts balling his eyes out

''umm,hyung?why are you crying?are you ill?should i call the doctor?''Kyungsoo asks,confused as to why Luhan suddenly started crying

''S-soo,''Luhan hiccups and clutches onto Kyungsoo's hand,''i-i want to die.''

Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows and quickly picks up his phone to call his Junmyeon hyung while patting the wailing Luhan's back.

Something was very wrong.

 

 

🐾                     🐾                   🐾