A Ryeo by Any Other Name

For You, I Would
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Ryeo by Any Other Name

            Ryeowook pushed Kyuhyun off him so hard, he fell into the wall.  “This isn’t how it looks!” he said, sitting upright in Kyuhyun’s bed.

            I couldn’t help but laugh at the reaction.  “It looks like you’re making out with my roommate.”

            “That’s exactly what we’re doing,” Kyuhyun said, rubbing his sore back and sitting up in bed next to Ryeowook, who was fixing his hair and adjusting his skirt.  I felt certain that Kyuhyun must still think he was Ryeosuni or he wouldn’t be bothering to fix himself so much.  But I didn’t know how well that would have played out if I hadn’t sneezed when I had, although it really was accidental.  I was kind of waiting it out until it either got a little more inappropriate or Ryeowook put a halt to it.  I was kind of curious to see which would happen first.

            I pointed my finger at Kyuhyun.  Part of me really was angry at him, but it wasn’t because I had any romantic attachment to Ryeowook or Ryeosuni.  I was pissed that he would actually try to steal my girlfriend  “I seem to remember you tell me, after you met Ryeosuni, that you would never steal my girlfriend from me because you respected me too much.”

            Kyuhyun ran his hands through his hair and took a shaky breath.  “I’m sorry, hyung.  I did say that.”  I felt a little better knowing that he looked distressed about it.

            “Then how is it I’ve come home a night early and heard rumors that you’ve slept with my girlfriend?” I asked.

            “Those are just rumors.  We didn’t sleep together,” he said.

            “I just walked in the dorm to find you in bed with her!”

            He nodded.  “We were kissing, but we’ve never slept together.”

            “I’m supposed to believe that?”

            “You don’t have to believe me, but it’s the truth.  She was out at a club with her friend last night.  Her friend ditched her and I happened to be at the same club and drove her home.  She didn’t have her keys, so I invited her to stay at the dorm with me.  But I have been kissing her and I’ve asked her to go out with me.  So, you still have every right to be angry at me.”

            “So, you are trying to steal my girlfriend?” I questioned.

            “Yes,” he confessed, “but you should know, I struggled against my feelings for her the last few weeks, knowing that she was your girlfriend and telling myself that I shouldn’t feel the way that I do about her.”

            “Then why are you doing this?” I angrily asked.

            “Because I’m in love with her!”

            Ryeowook gasped and looked over at him with wide eyes.  The idiot probably hadn’t even told him that he was in love yet.  He reached for Ryeowook’s hand and thread his fingers through his. 

            “I’ve asked her to go out with me instead and she’s said yes, except she still needs to go out with you for three more weeks,” he said.  Then he turned to Ryeowook.  “But that’s not going to happen.”

            I sighed deeply.  He’d already ruined my plans, so it was time to let Ryeowook off the hook.  “Very well, Ryeosuni.  You’re free of any obligation concerning me.  I’ll have to find a new fake girlfriend.”

            Kyuhyun gave me a puzzled look.  “What?”

            I walked over to my bed and sat down.  “After my last girlfriend broke up with me, I panicked.  My parents are coming to visit next weekend and if I’m not dating someone, they threaten to use a matchmaker to find me someone to marry.  I intend to travel after graduating.  I just need a convincing girlfriend for when my parents are in town and Ryeosuni agreed to play the part while they’re in town.  But you’ve completely ruined the plan.  Everyone on campus thinks you’re dating her now.  If we walk around on campus or go anywhere in town and talk to anyone, people are going to ask her where you are now.”

            Kyuhyun turned to Ryeowook.  “You are not dating Yesung?”

            Ryeowook shook his head. 

            “Oh my God!  Why didn’t you tell me?”

            “You kept kissing me,” he pointed out.

            Kyuhyun leaned in and kissed him again.  I had a feeling that Ryeowook intended to tell him much more than that, but I wasn’t the one who should explain the entire story.  If Ryeowook wanted to tell him about being a man, I would leave that to him.

            I reached over and smacked Kyuhyun in the arm.  “I’m still pissed at you!  You didn’t know she wasn’t my girlfriend and chased after her, you !  Now I’m single again and my parents are about to come into town.”

            “Your idea is terrible anyway,” Kyuhyun said.  “You’re reliant on being able to fall back on having Ryeosuni around anytime they come into town.  And what if they want her to come with you when you visit next or your mother wants to call her up to chat periodically.  You should have asked me to help you brainstorm.  I’m much better at lying to parents.  I’ll come up with something foolproof…but it won’t involve dragging Ryeosuni into it.”

            I rolled my eyes.  “Fine,” I said, standing up.  “Come along, Ryeosuni.  I’ll you out.  You can sleep in your own dorm tonight.”

            Kyuhyun looked pissed, but he could hardly argue because he knew that he was still at fault for being the who’d stolen by fake girlfriend.  He leaned in and kissed her goodnight.  Then Ryeowook stood up and walked out of the dorm with me.  Once we were out of the dorm room, down the hallway, and past the common room, where there were still plenty of guys hanging out to stare at her, we headed down the stairs.

            “Why didn’t you just tell him the whole truth?” Ryeowook asked.

            “Why didn’t you?” I asked him.

            He shook h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter