Chapter 1/1

Chili Sauce

  Hansol turns off his computer as he closes his file on his desk.  He sighs and takes off his glasses while standing up.  He drinks down the last bit of coffee, shuddering at the cold liquid that had a horrible taste.  He walked to the staff room to wash his mug before putting it in the cabinet.  He walked back to his desk and looked at his "cell mate."

"I'm going to watch the game with my cousin, too bad you're not invited."  The brat said with a smirk that sent Hansol into rage.  

Most people would classify Hansol as a pacifist.  He agrees to a certain extent.  He never makes arguments or talks back on the outside, but it's a bloody war in the inside.  He hates this co-worker with almost as much rage as a demon has.  He lets the brat walk past him before he picks up his brief case.

He looks at his watch while walking out of the office building.  Who says I can't watch the game tonight?  Soccer is interesting, and I don't have to watch it with anyone.  He agreed with his thoughts and turned his direction.  Instead of walking to his apartment complex, he walks to the convenient store.


Meanwhile, the bakery turns its lights out and closes up.  The main worker there, Seungkwan, walks out before locking the door.  With his phone in his hand and sass in his walk, he walks to the convenient store that is only five minutes away. 

Walking into the store, he knows what he wants to get already.  It's Friday night and he's ready to watch a soccer game.  Following his Friday tradition, he would always watch the soccer game.  He finds the sport interesting, and perhaps would play it if he was in better shape already.

He picks up a basket and heads straight to the soda isle.  Picking up a two-liter soda, he walks off to the chip isle.  He sees someone in a business outfit looking at all the chips.  He shrugs this person off and reaches for his usualy tortilla chips.  Reaching for the chili sauce, a hand grabbed his.


Seungkwan saw the pale hand and followed the wrist and arm until he met with the person's face.  They slowly made eye contact before the other person took his hand away.

"I'm sorry about that, I'll put my phone away now."  The man laughed.

Seungkwan nodded.  "Was it that important?"  He tried not to sound rude as he picked up the jar of chili sauce before picking another for the taller.

"If you find soccer important, then perhaps."  The other said with a smile.

"Of course I find soccer important!  Why would I pick up some chili sauce if I wasn't going to watch the game tonight?"  He replied with a huge smile.

The other gave an excited smile.  "Really?  Are you watching with anyone?"


Seungkwan put the jar in his basket before scratching the back of his head.  "The thing is.. no one else I know really likes soccer.  A couple of them say 'football is cool, but I would never spend hours watching it, especially with you.'"  Seungkwan replied.

The other nodded.  "My co-worker is a jerk, otherwise I might watch with him.." 

Seungkwan thought of an idea.  "Hey, why don't we watch together then?  We obviously have the same tastes for snacks and soda."  He suggested as he saw similar items in the other's basket.


"Really?  You're not afraid of watching the game with a stranger?"  He asked with a shocked glare.

"How do you think you make friends?  You meet strangers!"  Seungkwan laughed.  "I'm Boo Seungkwan."  He held his hand out.


The other shook it.  "I'm Choi Hansol."

"Alright, let's go to my place then.  You look like your apartment is just boring with office stuff."  Seungkwan looked up and down at Hansol.


Hansol laughed and nodded.  They walked to the register and paid for their own things.  Neither of them have a car, however, they live close enough to their aparments.  Surprisingly, they live directly opposite of each other.  Seungkwan lives closer to the bakery and store while Hansol lives closer to his office.


They made it to Seungkwan's apartment.  Hansol was shocked on how much stuff was in the tiny place.  There were a few posters of soccer logos on the walls.  There were also cook books cluttering the kitchen table. 

"Sorry for the mess though," Seungkwan laughed a bit, "I've been trying to make new things in the bakery and forgot to clean up last night."

"You're a baker?"  Hansol asked as he helped put things in the fridge. 

Seungkwan hummed and smiled.  "And you're a-?"

"I work at Enterprise Corp.  I help people establish buisnesses and the legal/financial problems they may come across."  Hansol said while watching Seungkwan pick up the TV remote.


"Do you grant deeds to your clients?"  Seungkwan asked, thinking they might have met when the bakery went up.

Hansol shook his head.  "My jerk co-worker got that promotion last month."


Seungkwan nodded and sat down.  "I can't wait!  The Blinks are already leading in the season."  He said when he saw the statistics on the screen.

Hansol huffed.  "Everyone knows the Elves will kick the Blinks' butts with a great comeback.  They always do."  He stated as he opened the two-liter of soda and poured two glasses.

Seungkwan couldn't believe his ears.  "How would little guys with pointy ears defeat the Blinks?  They practically step all over their tiny faces!"

Hansol opened the bag of chips.  "Whatever, the Elves will swoop by and get a victory when the other team blinks." 

The other laughed a touch.  "Such a weak move.  Why not just win throughout the entire season?  They're losing money by losing earlier games." 

Hansol nodded.  "True, but whatever works for them, huh?" 


Seungkwan noticed the other male have a disappointed smile.  "Hey, I didn't mean to make you upset.  It's just a game."  He put his hand on Hansol's shoulder.

"I know.. You just remind me of my co-worker."

"He likes the Blinks?"

Hansol smirks.  "No, but he would have chewed your head off for talking like that to him." 


Seungkwan laughs a touch.  "Let's eat and watch then, okay?  Let the best team win."  He held out his hand to shake on it.

Hansol nodded and shook the others hand.



The game finished and left Seungkwan's mouth agape.  The Elves had an outstanding victory from the moment the game began.  Even though it wasn't his team, Seungkwan cheered when the men on the team made great moves that he's never seen before.

"Woah, it's like they had a sudden change or something.."  Seungkwan said as he muted the TV when commercials came on.


Hansol nodded.  "I guess it is their strategy to win closer to the end of the season."  He scratched his head and put down his empty cup.

"Hey, you want to watch at your place next week?"  Seungkwan suggested out of nowhere as they clean the coffee table up.

"Sure, let me give you my phone number."  Hansol agreed before taking his phone out of his pocket.


Exchanging numbers, the two say good night for the evening.  Hansol leaves to walk back to his apartment that isn't that far away.  Seungkwan looks at his cluttered kitchen with a shrug before going to his bedroom to do his nightly routine.


***


It was the next Friday.  Hansol was packing his things up like any other evening.  He saw his co-worker dancing around.  Now I kind of wish the Blinks won instead..  What Hansol would give to see his co-worker being miserable.

"Hey, Hansol, great game last week.  The family is going down to my dad's house to watch this week's game on the 75" plazma!  Too bad you'll be watching alone again!"  The brat said with a smirk that one could detect in their sleep.


Finally making an arguement, Hansol huffed.  "Taunt me all you want, Chan, but I'll be watching the game with a friend like last week."  He said while closing his brief case.

The other male stopped and looked at Hansol.  "You made a friend last week?"  He watched Hansol nod.  "Hm.. that's good, another Elf supporter-"

"Nope," Hansol interrupted, "he's a fabulous Blink supporter." 


Chan almost exploded.  "Bro!  You're watching the game with a Blinker?!"  He asked as he pushed Hansol's shoulder.


Hansol brushed the hand away and smiled.  "Yup, I've been texting him all week too.  Don't think he's just a spy trying to get in on the details of the life of an Elf."  He laughed.  "Have fun with your family tonight, and I'll have fun with a friendly rival."


Hansol felt good as he walked away from that argument.  He felt like he didn't actually fight, but knows that it goes against his front.  He walks excitedly down the street and to his apartment.  As he walks up to the building his apartment is in, he sees the brunette staring up at the numbers.

Hansol smiled and went up behind him.  He put his arms around the diva's waist.  "You don't have to be shy, you know."  He whispered when he heard the other slightly gasp.


Seungkwan won't lie, Hansol's whispering did send unknown sparks throughout his body.  However, he brushed the feeling away when the arms disappear from his waist.  "Well, I wasn't for sure if you were home yet.."

Hansol nodded and guided the other male up the stairs.  He opened the door and let the older walk in first.  Seungkwan was amazed to see the place wasn't as boring
as he thought it was going to be.  There weren't any sports posters up on the walls he sees, but it's not entirely boring either.

"You draw?"  Seungkwan asked as he saw some paintings on the wall with his name on it.

"Yeah.. while I was studying the courses for my job, I would paint to relieve some of the stress."  Hansol answered as he took out some cups and bowls.


Seungkwan looked at some of them, thinking that a few should be in an art gallery.  "You don't paint anymore?"  He asked.

"I sometimes paint on the weekend, but they're never good enough to put up on the wall."  He laughed as he brought the soda and chips over.

He cracked open the jar of chili sauce before picking up the remote. 


"Hey, so my co-worker got so upset about you being a Blinker, it was so funny to watch!"  Hansol laughed as he set up the game.

Seungkwan laughed a bit.  "He must take the games too seriously then."

"Yeah, he's basically having a huge family reunion tonight to celebrate last week's victory."  Hansol told.  "You watch, the Blinks will win and the whole party will explode."

Seungkwan nodded with a series of laughs and a couple giggles.  Hansol stopped looking at the TV to watch Seungkwan laugh.  It made a smile appear on his lips.  What a cute laugh..  He didn't judge his thoughts, however, he was wondering what was up with him.

Ever since they started texting last week, he always finds himself smiling at everything Seungkwan says.  Even if it's something hateful, he smiles at the words Seungkwan uses.  Every time he mentions the other's name in his mind, he smiles. 


Just as Hansol jokingly predicted, the Blinks won the game.  Even though he most certainly supported the Elves, Hansol couldn't help but cheer along with Seungkwan.  The older was surprised, but decided not to address it.

He really must be in this to watch with someone.  Seungkwan supposes as he helps the other clean up from the mess of chips they made during the last round. 

"It was great watching the game with you tonight," Hansol said, "too bad there's only one more game for the season.."

Seungkwan heard the disappointment in the younger's tone.  "Hey, just because there's no game doesn't mean we can't hang out."  He said with a smile, patting Hansol's shoulder.  "I thought office workers were boring."


Hansol laughed a bit at the other's words.  "Sure, how about we go out next week?"

Seungkwan's breath hitched.  "G-go out, like on a date?"  He had a shocked expression.


Hansol's eyes shot open.  "I-I well, I-"

"Sure, I wasn't under the impression you like guys too."  Seungkwan grew red cheeks.  "You know where I live, so meet me there next week."  He ordered as he put on his shoes.


Before Hansol could say anything, Seungkwan was out the door.  He leaned against the wall and looked at the door.  Was that why I smile too much?  Do I want to date him?  Hansol wasn't for sure, since he's never really had attraction to anyone.  He considered himself a student when he was in school and a worker in the office.

He never set out to do crazy things like his classmates did, and was always made fun of as he would always spend his time studying.  "Boo Seungkwan, before I met you, I was a pacifist on the outside and a worker in the inside."  He spoke to the man aloud.

"You made me into a diva like you."  He laughed a bit and covered his face with his hand as he imagined a sassy remark Seungkwan would make to that statement.


***

"Man, can you believe it?  The Blinks won last week!"  Chan said as he sat back in his chair.  He looked at the clock to see it nearing to lunch time. 

"I'm kinda happy they did," Hansol mentioned as he finished typing, "I could just imagine your whole family throwing a fit." 

Chan snapped his neck and gave a mad glare to the other worker.  "Your little friend is making you into a Blink fan, huh?  You're watching the final game tonight with him?"

Hansol shook his head.  "We decided we don't really care about the outcome.  We're going out to eat instead."

Chan huffed and turned back to his computer screen.  "Have fun then."



That evening, Hansol made it to the bakery.  They decided to have a meal at the bakery after it closes because Hansol wanted to taste the older's cooking.  Hansol sits at the counter and chats with Seungkwan as he finishes up the last few orders.

"I have a regular coming in a few minutes, he's a big Elf fan."  Seungkwn said as he leaned against the counter.

"Really?"  Hansol asked as he held his chin with his palm.

"Here he is now," Seungkwan said with disappointment under his breath, "Hay!  Good evening~"


As Seungkwan greeted, Hansol turned around in the stool.  There he saw Chan with the biggest smile.  His breathing stopped when they made eye contact.

"Chan?"

"Hansol?"

Seungkwan set the cake down on the counter top while looking at both of them.  "Wait, don't tell me!"  Seungkwan smirked.  "This is your 'jerk co-worker'?" 

Hansol held his forehead as he sees how Chan reacts.  "Oof, calling me a jerk for supporting my team with my money?  You should be ashamed." 

Hansol shook his head and watched as Chan took out his wallet.  "Wait,"  Chan stopped taking out his credit card, "what are you doing in a bakery?  You hate sweets." 


Seungkwan widened his eyes and looked at Hansol.  "You never told me that."  He took off his gloves and leaned over the counter.

"I-I-uhm.."  Hansol swallowed his spit.  "I'm not the wildest, but I wouldn't say I hate them per se."


Chan finished paying for his pastry.  "No, I remember you refusing any candy or cake anyone has ever offered you." 

Hansol hissed.  "That's because I don't like anyone in the office."


Seungkwan coughed.  "Excuse me, Chan,"  He said to gain the younger's attention, "closing time is in a few minutes and I rather not be late for my first date." 

Chan widened his eyes.  "No way, you found yourself a girlfriend?"  He had a smile.

Seungkwan folded his arms.  "Nope, I found me a tall Elf with a good set of ears that I want to make some cake for."  His eyes traveled to Hansol.

Hansol's cheeks were burning up.  He stopped paying attention to the two talking about his and Seungkwan's relationship.  He felt like he was going to die when he gets into the office on Monday.  He gains his mind back when he hears Chan leave.


Seungkwan chuckled while locking up the bakery.  He closed the blinds and curtains and took Hansol's wrist.  He walked him into the back where the kitchen is. 

"You're going to watch me cook, Mr. I Don't Like Sweets."  Seungkwan said with a smile.

Hansol looked down and stood behind the older.  "I like sweets, but in moderation."  He said softly in Seungkwan's ear.


Seungkwan blushed as he stirs the batter.


There was silence until Seungkwan moved to put the mix in the oven.  "You never told me you dated my sister."  He had a serious look.

Hansol widened his eyes.  "S-sis? No way!  I've never dated anyone in my life."  He chuckled a bit.

"Ah, good.  You weren't paying attention to the conversation earlier."  Seungkwan nodded and directed him out of kitchen.


Deciding not to ask him what that was about, he sat down with Seungkwan. 

"Now that I know you have lack of experience," Seungkwan started, "I want to just tell you that I want this to be a serious relationship."

Hansol stopped smiling and listened.  "What do you mean?"

"I know it's quite odd that we bonded over chili sauce and soccer, but I'm tired of the heart breaks of shallow men who walk into this bakery."  Seungkwan said seriously.  "Either back out now, or regret it for the rest of your life in silence."


Hansol was speechless.  "This is our first date, and you're already wanting to be serious?"

Seungkwan nodded.  "You want this or not?"  He asked with a smirk.


Hansol nodded.  "I'd like that."


Seungkwan held the other's hand. 




"Just a forewarning, I'm just like that chili sauce - Sassy and spicy."



 


Yeehaw!  I finally wrote a VerKwan story that was light~
Thank you all for reading, you guys are wonderful.
If you're interested in JeongCheol, I'm writing that next!
Bai! <3