Final 3.3

Dancing with a Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"You're taking a day off after your birthday?"

 

Yoona looked down upon hearing the response from their manager. She can't find any excuse besides telling her the truth. It's hard to tell a lie when she's always honest for the past three years she's working in the company.

 

"I was just kidding. Of course, you deserve a day off." Much to her surprised, she heard her manager's words on another light.

 

"Really?" Yoona couldn't believe it.

 

"Yah! You've been working your off since you came in this company. You deserve even a week of break. So, go on and enjoy the day outside. "

 

Yoona can't be thankful enough as she throws her arms around the manager's waist and broke it right after. "Thank you, Manager Park. I will make it up with whatever I will miss today." she promised and happily skip on her desk, grabbing her backpack and jacket before heading outside the office, not missing to give Hyo a wink.

 

 

-

 

 

After picking the flowers, she returned to her car with a huge smile on her face, as she finally finished her stuff before fetching Seohyun. She already bought fruits and a gift for her father a while ago that took her really long to decide. As she turns on the engine, her phone suddenly rings which she quickly connected to her bluetooth earphone and answers it. "Yoona speaking." And since she didn't check the screen of her phone, she answers the usual she does when someone calls the office.

 

[Yoona, I'm out.]

 

"I'm on my way."

 

[I mean, I'm outside the hospital now. I'll wait for you at this coffee shop across my working place.]

 

Yoona smiled in amusement. "Copy that, Miss Seo." she playfully replied while focusing on the road.

 

[Wait, don't hang up. Let's talk while you drive.] Seohyun suddenly suggested.

 

"Okay. What is it about?" Yoona's smile never left her face. She felt giddy inside at the moment and she like it.

 

[You talk about yourself.]

 

"What?"

 

[I mean, I have already shared mine last night. Why not turn the table?]

 

"I think you already know about me."

 

[Chincha? I don't-]

 

"It's better if it's personal not on the phone." Yoona quickly rephrase her words before she hears her disappointment.

 

[I was just teasing you but if that's what you want. Oh! I think we will have lunch together with my father. He just texted my second phone that he's so near at the train station.]

 

"Chincha?! That's too early than you expected."

 

[I bet he's too excited and left home earlier.]

 

"Maybe. Since he sounds so happy when he heard you're dating." Yoona smiled as she recalls the bright response from Mr. Seo. Not to mention, he bombs her with series of questions.

 

[Yeah. Anyway, I'll wait for you patiently here.]

 

"Don't need to wait for a long time. Be there in 10 minutes or less." She reassures as she turns the car to the left. She's getting closer and closer to the hospital Seohyun is working at.

 

[How long is ten minutes?] Seohyun giggles as she replies playfully.

 

"Just ten seconds." Yoona replied back more playful. She heard her giggles more keeping her smile until she arrives in less than a minute. She hangs up and stepped out of the car. But returned when she remembers the flowers she left inside the car. It only took a minute also when spotted her sitting alone near the cafe's book stand. She made sure to apologize as she takes her seat across her.

 

"Why apologize when it didn't take an hour." Seohyun said as she gets up however.

 

"Where are we-"

 

"He's waiting."

 

"Chincha?" Yoona quickly follows while hugging the bouquet of flowers on her chest. She blocks her before getting inside the car. "For you." handing the flowers right away while smiling charmingly.

 

Seohyun smiled back and gladly received the flowers. "Shouldn't have thought of this."

 

"I just want to make it for real for your father." Yoona explained as she opens the car door at the passenger seat.

 

"Well." Seohyun just shrugs and stepped inside. The moment Yoona follows she calls her father. "Wait for 20 minutes only."

 

[Even if an hour, I would love to wait just to see your girlfriend.] Mr. Seo responded excitedly.

 

Seohyun glances to the deer and smile when she looked at her too. "Yeah, and-" She rolled her eyes, in annoyance the moment it ended. He always does that to her so he can't hear her reaction. She sighs and just brushed off, putting back her phone on her bag. Then she quickly remembers. "Did you practiced?" she turned her head to the doe-eyed and asked her.

 

"Of course." Yoona reassuringly smiled.

 

"Then start calling me, Babe from now on." Seohyun gives the cue.

 

"I've been trying to-"

 

"Babe."

 

Yoona chuckles. "Babe, I've been trying to ask you about that. You know, just in my mind." she smiled sheepishly at the end.

 

"You just said it yourself." giggles Seohyun. "And also-"

 

"Can you tell me what's it’s like to be with your father? I mean, what's his personality?" Yoona cut the younger girl's words as she finally blurts out the thought on her mind. She had been thinking it since last night. She felt anxious how will she act near Mr. Seo.

 

Seohyun smiled amusingly and shares stuff about her father while they're heading to the train station.

 

 

***

 

 

"So this is Im Yoona." Mr. Seo greeted with a grin the moment he put his stuffs down to the ground and his eyes meet with a doe-eyed girl, standing next to his daughter. He stretched out his hand gladly to introduce himself looking straight to her eyes. "I'm Seo Ju Hwan. Seohyun's father."

 

'He's not that old enough to see someone but just be careful when he suddenly looks at you in the eyes with his intent glare. That means he is giving his impressions.' Yoona remembers what Seohyun told her and she automatically took his hand, letting go of Seohyun's. "Im Yoona, Mr. Seo. It's nice to meet you, Sir." She sweetly smiles at the same time even though her heart is beating fast.

 

"I didn't realize you would be this lovely." Mr. Seo softly replied as he pulled out his hand. "Not surprising my daughter fell for you."

 

Surprised with the compliment, Yoona coughed and shyly smiled. "T-Thanks Sir." And she couldn't look at him in the eyes.

 

"Ugh, Appa. You brought too many." Seohyun immediately change the topic and quickly picked up the bags on the floor.

 

"Omo, thos are heavy." Mr. Seo tried to snatched it from his daughter but someone grab it first. He turns to see the doe-eyed effortlessly carrying them. He is agape and couldn't believe it.

 

"These are light for me." Yoona smiled confidently. There are three bags only, but they're quite heavy for her. "Um, why don't we get going now? Before we starve?" She suggested, giving them a way.

 

"Yeah, you're right. It's almost 12 noon." Seohyun grabs her father's arm. "I miss having lunch with you Appa." And drags him gently with him, as they lead Yoona out of the station.

 

Mr. Seo give a look back to Yoona, still agape and looked at his daughter. "Where is she working?" thinking she's working a construction company. "She looked like she had been carrying loads of stuffs on her back to have such strength."

 

Seohyun giggles. "She's an assistant manager like she told you, Appa. She's used to it." She turned to Yoona on her back and send her a wink.

 

"Really?" Mr. Seo is totally still amazed.

 

'He's not that bad at all.' Yoona thought while watching the two from behind. She can't help and notice the brighter Seohyun got with her father. 'She definitely misses her Dad.'

 

-

 

"No need to bring me in a fancy restaurant. I have prepared lunch for us." Mr. Seo suddenly said while the car is quiet.

 

"What?" Seohyun turned her head to her father right away from the passenger seat. "You shouldn't have bothered, Appa!" she scolded knowing he can't cook on his own.

 

"What's wrong about it, Babe?" Yoona reacted with a sweet smile to her one-day girlfriend. "I mean, isn't it sweet for your father? I would gladly like to taste what he cooks." She glances to Mr. Seo with a sweet smile as well.

 

"Well, it's not that it's not okay. It's just that, he can't cook on his own. I'm pretty sure he asks someone to help him." Seohyun sent her father a suspicious glare, earning laughter from him.

 

"Stop thinking non-sense, Hyun. Your father is now capable to even eat on his own. What are you talking about?"

 

"You're not a good cook."

 

Yoona can't help and smile in amusement.

 

"Who says I'm not?"

 

"Me." Seohyun firmly said.

 

Mr. Seo laugh again and then he composed himself. "You, Seo Joohyun. Stop downgrading your father. I'm not the person you used to know anymore. It's been a while indeed since you visited our home." He rolled his eyes out of annoyance.

 

"You're so hard on your father, Babe."

 

"I know right, Yoona-ssi?"

 

"Yes, Mr. Seo. I think she's not a good daughter to you."

 

"She really isn't." Mr. Seo gives his daughter a stick of his tongue and shrugs his shoulders as he turned his attention outside.

 

Seohyun's turn to roll her eyes, but sent Yoona a glare.

 

"I'm sorry." Yoona mouthed earning a little smile from the younger.

 

"Omo, let's have the lunch in park instead!" Mr. Seo suddenly announced, loud enough that it causes the deer to stopped the car abruptly. "There, at the hanggang park." He excitedly pointed outside after rolling down the window.

 

Seohyun and Yoona both smiles brightly and they eventually agreed to it.

 

 

***

 

 

"Tada!" A bright and excited middle-aged man opened his bag with lunch boxes inside as he reveals what he prepared since early in the morning.

 

"Appa!" Seohyun however hit her father's arm and pout her lips.

 

"Yah, these are just too easy for me. No need to sulk like that. And besides, these aren't for you, these are for your girlfriend." Mr. Seo gleefully said as she smiled to Yoona.

 

"T-Thank you, Sir." Yoona blushed and didn't think twice to bring the lunch boxes out of the bag. She helped her while Seohyun is watching them with her arms cross. She's sulking after her father told her.

 

"Yah, I was just kidding." Mr. Seo chuckles and hit his father's arm.

 

"You know you're not advised to tire yourself." Seohyun reminded her father.

 

"Aish, as if she doesn't know I have a strong body. Yoona-ssi, can you stop your girlfriend for nagging me?"

 

"Yah, stop it, Seo Joohyun." Yoona playfully hit the younger earning a scoff from the latter. "I mean, come on, your father just arrived. Let him enjoy his stay, can't you?"

 

Seohyun sighed in defeat. "Of course. I was just trying-"

 

"You go buy us water, I forgot to bring." Mr. Seo intentionally cut his daughter's words and give her cash.

 

"It's on me. You don't have to give that."

 

"Wait, I'll buy it for us." Yoona was about to get up as well but was pulled by the older Seo back on her place.

 

"You stay here. My daughter can handle it." Mr. Seo grinned widely then wiggles his eyebrows towards his daughter who only rolled her eyes and left them in their picnic. His attention returned to the doe-eyed, who is busy setting their lunch in a picnic mat. He couldn't help and observe her while she quietly works. 'She's too far from her previous girlfriend. She's taller, skinny, wears light outfits and... she seems brighter than that girl... But how did my daughter make this lady fall for her?' He wonders, knowing his daughter is a nosy one. He sometimes questions how did she raise her and his late wife because none of them are like her. 'Oh, she's good at arranging them, eh?' And then he realizes, Yoona is carefully setting the lunch boxes in order. 'She's probably good at cleaning too.' He smiled as he finds it impressive. The previous girlfriend of his daughter is a messy one despite being a soldier.

 

"Um, is there something wrong, Sir?" Yoona noticed the quiet atmosphere and she looked up to meet his eyes on her.

 

"Stop calling me Sir. Just call me Appa as well. I sound like a professor with that." Mr. Seo playfully replied.

 

"Okay, Appa." Yoona smiled and felt relieved.

 

"By the way, this may sound weird but can you tell me how did you fell for my daughter?" Mr. Seo couldn't wait and he ask her.

 

"Yes?" Yoona did not expect it but she quickly recalled what she rehearsed and continued, "You-your daughter. I don't know but she's someone I like since we meet in a concert. I didn't it exists but it was love at first sight. Some people say it's ridiculous because you have to know the person first but something magical happened that day... my world just suddenly couldn't see anyone except her. She was unaware until our eyes met. My heart beats are unusual and I felt butterflies in my stomach like she's sending something on me and I couldn't stop from staring at her, and I think she was also." she smiled warmly as she stares back at Mr. Seo, who had his eyebrows rising. She doesn't know if she's convincing or not but she continued, "I realize, I fell for that day because I couldn't stop thinking of her."

 

"How did you know her then? I mean, did you introduce yourself?"

 

"Yes. I did. And she was hesitant to give hers. But she told me her name and I ask her number later on... that was the start of how I pursued her. I honestly didn't expect she like me also after a few weeks."

 

"I see." Mr. Seo nodded. 'Well, that's something normal for someone who is in love.' He thought. "Isn't she naggy to you? Like she is to me?"

 

"Um, she's... quiet of course. But I know she's just concerned so I just find it cute and adorable for her."

 

"What?! That's annoying for me." Mr. Seo didn't expect to hear it from the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona chuckled. "She's not annoying if you just honestly understand her intention."

 

"I was just kidding." Mr. Seo quickly took it back. 'She's nice.' And made another impression. "I'm glad that you are like to my daughter. I hope you take care of her always, because I couldn't do now, with her living in the city. So, can I trust you with that?" and she wanted to assure himself she will not hurt her daughter.

 

Yoona once again is stunned but refused to make it obvious. "I love her, Mr... I mean, A-appa. I will surely take care of her like you did while he's staying with you in the province." she softly and sincerely said as she looked into his eyes. She can understand him as her father is the same with her.

 

'There's nothing to be afraid of. My daughter is already big to handle such heartache if she fails her.' Mr. Seo thought while he's smiling. "I'm glad to hear that."

 

"What's your favorite food, Mr. Seo?" Yoona ask, couldn't really stop from paying respect for him.

 

"Nothing, as long as it's healthy. How about you?" Mr. Seo just let it slide and wanted to know the deer's like.

 

"Oh, we're the same. But I mostly don't care about being healthy."

 

"Doesn't Seohyun nag you about that? I mean, because she's a doctor, she always loves the people around her to eat healthy."

 

Yoona chuckled nervously. "She does, but she sometimes gives up when I show her my puppy face." She grinned afterwards.

 

"Tsk, you're lucky then. She doesn't really give up if it's about me."

 

"He cares and love you so much, Mr. Seo."

 

Mr. Seo sighs. "Yeah, right. But you know what? That's the reason also why that previous girlfriend of hers broke up with her."

 

"About nagging?"

 

"Yes. She got tired of her and decided to broke my daughter's heart. Seriously going to kill that idiot if I ever see her again."

 

Yoona is agape and in disbelief. The way he suddenly turned fierce is scary than Seohyun's. But she definitely can understand. No father would like to see his daughter. "Well, she prob-"

 

"So, don't ever think of hurting her, otherwise, you'll be like this fried chicken." Mr. Seo playfully threatened as he picked up one piece of fried chicken.

 

"You will fry me?" Yoona gasped.

 

"Yes, if you do as what her ex did to her." Mr. Seo chuckles heartily. He can't help and laugh so hard. The latter's reaction is funnier than the tv shows he watches.

 

"Um, you're not kidding, are you?" Yoona smiled in confusion while rubbing the back of her neck.

 

"I'm half joking half serious." said Mr Seo after he calms down. He wipes the tears in the corner of his eyes and smile to Yoona. "Whatever will be the future, I know I have no right to get involve in my daughter's love life. I'm just here to support whatever is good for her." He explained further. "I guess you wouldn't be like that in the future, isn't it?" But he ends up asking her.

 

Yoona is flattered to learn it. She nodded as she smiled reassuringly.

 

"Good." Mr. Seo nodded back. "One more thing-"

 

"Hold on a second. I forgot to bring my gift for you, Sir. Be back in a flash." Yoona get up and headed to the parking lot.

 

Mr. Seo raises his eyebrows watching the doe-eyed's back, but his attention shifted to a smartphone left behind. He suddenly got curious and he reached for it. As soon as he got it on his hand, he immediately turned it on and his daughter's photo greeted him, which made him smile giddily. But as he tried to have access the device, it was lock with a password. He thought of his daughter's birthday but it didn't unlock. "Aish. What kind of girlfriend is this?"

 

"Appa, what are you doing?" Seohyun returned with three bottles of lemon juice rather only to catch her father holding the doe-eyed's smartphone.

 

Mr. Seo quickly put the phone down and greeted his daughter with a shameless smile. "You're back? Where's the water?"

 

Seohyun suspiciously looked at her father as she lowered herself to take a seat on their picnic lunch. "You're not being nosy again, aren't you?"

 

"What?" Mr. Seo chuckled nervously.

 

"You want to see what's in my girlfriend's phone, aren't you?"

 

"Yah! I'm not! I'm just-"

 

"What?"

 

He sighs. "No. I'm just trying to see if it's you her lock screen wallpaper." and explained with a cute pout.

 

Seohyun took the deer's phone and check it. She smiled to see her own photo. "Happy?" And she father again by showing it to him.

 

"Yes." Mr. Seo smiled goofily. "But can you access the phone? I mean, at least share something for me while I'm here. Hmm?"

 

"Err, you never change." Seohyun mumbles. "But no. It's our privacy, Appa."

 

"Ugh." Mr. Seo rolled his eyes back. "At least one photo of you together, and one event about you two that you can't forget. Appa is curious how do you guys date. Wait, are you guys even living in one apartment now?"

 

"What are you thinking, Appa? We just dated and we'll do that right away?"

 

"Well, your generations are like that now, you can't blame me from thinking stuffs like that."

 

"Aish. You just want to tease that's why you're here." Seohyun rolled her eyes and looked around the park. "Where's Yoona?"

 

"She returned to the car to get her gift for me." Mr. Seo giggles. "So thoughtful of her, unlike you." and stuck his tongue out.

 

"What?" Seohyun is in disbelief. "Just when-"

 

"She's here." Mr. Seo playfully cut his daughter's words and the latter her back just to see no one coming. He quickly grabs the bag and hide behind it.

 

"Yah, old man! Stop playing around!" Seohyun scolded, hitting the bag and pulled the bag away. She sent him glares as he giggles. She sighs in defeat.

 

"I'm sorry if it took a while. " Yoona returned and quickly apologize but her attention went straight to her phone. "Omo, so I left it here." She quickly took her seat next to Seohyun as she took her phone.

 

"That's the reason you took longer to return?" Seohyun ask.

 

"Yes. I was thinking of calling my friend but I forgot to bring it with me." Yoona sheepishly smiled.

 

"Is that the gift for me?"

 

"Yeah, it is, Mr. Seo."

 

Seohyun quickly grab the box that was wrapped from the deer's grasp. "Let's eat first. This can wait, hmm?" as she reminded them what they're doing on the park. And she didn't wait for their response as she took the chopsticks and handed it to the doe-eyed and for her father who seems annoyed with her. She just smiled sweetly and even offered him the food.

 

"You like this, don't you?" Yoona suddenly speaks and offers Seohyun to feed her with the meat. But as soon as the latter looked at her surprisingly, she stands corrected. "Babe, here you go." flashing her a choding smile as she pushed the forward near .

 

Seohyun sweetly smiled back and opens gladly as she bites on the meat. "Hmm, Not bad." She said while munching and turns her attention to her father. "You are forever a good chef, Appa." She complimented. She missed the taste of her father's cook, to be honest.

 

"Chef? Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter