Final 1.2

Dancing with a Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final 1.2

 

 

***

 

 

As soon as her alarm clock rings on top of the night stand, Yoona opens her eyes and grabs it to shut it down. She sits up, stretch her arms and yawn so big, she then smiled brightly. "Happy Birthday, Im Yoona." greeting herself before anyone else can do. She gets off of the bed and headed to her shower room with a brighter mood than before. She went out 15 minutes later, humming some random song while browsing on her closet. Her phone suddenly rings which causes her to stop and picked it up on top of her night stand. Her eyes widened upon reading the contact ID.

 

"O-Omma?" She answered in surprised. "Why did you call?" Since it had been a while, she heard her. She's living in the city while her family stays in the province.

 

[Didn't you miss me, Im Yoona?]

 

Yoona chuckles nervously. "Of-of course I am. I'm just surprised I heard your voice again." as she explains immediately. "How have you been doing?" she asks in the process and heard a doorbell outside.

 

[I've been well, especially that it's your birthday. Happy Birthday to you~] Mrs. Im started singing on the phone.

 

"T-thank you Omma. Um, hold on. I think I have some unexpected guest." She said as she went out her room with her bathrobe on. She didn't mind checking on her intercom as she opened the door expecting it would be her daily newspaper.

 

"Happy Birthday, Yoongie!" Her mother surprised her when she greeted her so loud with a cake on her hands with bright smiles.

 

Yoona almost her balance when her mother also wraps her arms around her after putting the cake down. "Omma." she gets emotional and her tears just drop automatically. She eventually hugs her back as tight as her mother. "I thought you are not going to come here?!" she recalled how her mother told her that she will not come to her home not until she will return home.

 

"How am I going to missed this day?" Mrs. Im asks back. It had been three years since her daughter moved out and three years of missing her birthday. She can't let another year to pass without seeing her. "I may have been busy but you never left my mind, Yoongie. Especially that you're finally 30." she at the same time.

 

Yoona's tears returned after she heard that number again. She pulled back and looked at her mother with a glare. "Are you here just for me to tease with that?"

 

"Yah, of course not. I missed you that's all. I'm just slightly teasing you." Mrs. Im giggles and she hastily took the cake back from the floor and handed it to her only daughter. She then took the paper bags on the side as well.

 

"W-Wait. What are those?" Yoona blocks her mother before she walks inside her condo.

 

"You haven't breakfast, have you? Let's eat together before I leave." Mrs. Im smiled goofily and kiss her daughter's cheek before she grogily entered the place she had been telling her to visit. Her lips are parted feeling so proud to see how beautiful her daughter's place is. "Wow, no wonder you had been telling me to visit." everything is so clean and there's a huge TV screen that's bigger than theirs back from the province.

 

"I told you, Omma. So you should visit me if you have time." Yoona's smile returned. "And bring Appa next time too."

 

"Your Appa is busy with his flower farm. I doubt he will come with me that easily." said Mrs. Im while she's setting the table with the food she cooked for her daughter.

 

Yoona is speechless as she watches her mother taking all the lunch boxes out of the big paper bag. She's been craving for korean meal for breakfast, thanks to her mom it's coming true on her birthday. "These are... "

 

"It's your birthday. You should eat well I cooked for you." Mrs. Im smiled so big as she opened the seaweed soup.

 

Yoona can't help and hug her mother again. "Thank you, Omma." And without further ado, she pulled the chair and sat down, taking her spoon and have a taste of her mother's seaweed soup she missed the most when she's still a child. She has the brightest yet emotional smile as it brought to her tongue and warm and then her heart. "Omma Jjang." she praises with a thumb up. "Come on, join me." she gestures right away.

 

Mrs. Im never wasted time and she joins her daughter on her birthday meal for the first time after three years. It wasn't only a simple meal as they catch up on each other. Yoona is the one who is talking much, sharing everything that happened to her in Seoul for the past three years.

 

"So... when are you going to date someone?" Unfortunately, their happy conversation ended with a question from Mrs. Im. "I mean, Yoona, you're already 30. At your age, every lady is already married or a family. Come on, you're not that picky to date anyone, are you?"

 

Yoona knew it will be brought so she controls her annoyance. "What if I just couldn't find a person that will be good for me? Or a person that can make heart smile? You know, I think I am not someone that date a random person."

 

"Don't you even have suitors around you?"

 

"There was couple of months ago."

 

Mrs. Im was happy to learn. "But nothing happened?" Even though it didn't seem to go well. That just means her daughter is likable.

 

"Nothing. She's not someone I think is sincere with her words." Yoona explained without a doubt.

 

"Oh, so she’s a she."

 

"Wae? Is it not... okay?"

 

"No-No. I just thought it's not anymore a thing. I know you know it's okay for me whatever is your preference." Mrs. Im smiled reassuringly.

 

Yoona is relieved to learn. "I think that person will come someday, Omma. Let's not hurry, shall we? 30 is just a number, it doesn't tell me what should I do with my life. Or does my life ends in 30, not right?" she jokes and chuckles.

 

"Aigoo, Yoona. I was only telling you that we're getting old, we might miss something we will regret later. Anyway, you're right too. It doesn't matter as long as you're healthy and is happy with your life." Mrs. Im smiled warmly giving her daughter a pat on her cheek. "But I still have faith you will find one and love that person for the rest of your life."

 

Yoona just smile, couldn't say a word as it hits her right on the spot.

 

 

***

 

 

Just like last year, she was greeted by confetti and a birthday banner when she arrived in their office. Everyone is present as they sing her the loudest happy birthday song. She can only smile and feel loved with their yearly surprise. She appreciates them always even though they're annoying some times.

 

"Yeeeheeeey!!!" Everyone claps their hands together happily after she blows the candle.

 

"Let's eaaaaat!!!" and their boss announced, gesturing everyone to gather to their long table nearby.

 

Yoona keeps bowing her heads as she receives the presents coming from her officemates. Hyoyeon is the last one who didn't miss to whisper on her ear.

 

"Don't forget tonight, Im Yoona. It's going to be your most. Memorable birthday."

 

Yoona got shivers as if Hyoyeon is telling her to prepare herself for the night. Heck, she had no expectations later. She just wants to do something she is not used to do.

 

She joins her officemate later on and celebrate her birthday while working in the office with a lot of laughter and stories. It's already the best day for her being with the people she trusts and care. Her happiness is just simple.

 

 

***

 

 

It was an hour and half drive before they finally arrived at the club Hyoyeon is working as a part timer.

 

"Hey, just order whatever you want. It's on me tonight, okay? Happy Birthday again, Yoona." said Hyoyeon before she disappeared inside the club.

 

Yoona stood in front of it, watching most girls entering the club with happiness on their faces. There are guys too but most of them has erted faces. She doesn't feel good about it. But she doesn't have any plan to back out. She entered the club 19 minutes later since her friend disappeared.

 

She wasn't surprised at all when the blasting music greeted her ears and people are dancing crazily on the dance floor.

 

She went with the crowd and look for her friend but Hyo is nowhere to be found. So, she decided to have a seat at the bar counter. She was about to call one bartender when Hyoyeon appears with wide grin on her face.

 

"What's your order, Miss?" Hyoyeon ask with her eyebrows wiggling.

 

Yoona is agape for a second. "So, this is what you're talking about?" she asks so loud and chuckles as she finally understood the 'part timer' the latter mentioned.

 

"Yup. And your order will deduct to my paycheck." Hyoyeon informs with a big smile. "Order now."

 

"Is that okay for you?" Yoona ask back loudly, as the music keeps on blasting all over the place.

 

"Of course! Just name your drinks! I will do it for you!" Hyoyeon is determined to make her friend have a memorable night by giving her one-night paycheck for her.

 

Yoona pause for a moment and tried to think of what kind of drinks she wants to drink. They have the menu above posted but she's not sure about it. "What's the best alcohol there?"

 

"All of them."

 

"Are you kidding me? I mean, there are a lot of them." Yoona laughs, finds it ridiculous for her friend to exage it.

 

Hyoyeon chuckled. "I'm really kidding. Hold on, I'll make you the best drink of this club." She winks and then she started mixing the alcohol in front of her friend.

 

Agape and speechless, Yoona's eyes are focus on the fast movement her friend is doing. She looks so cool and really professional with her job. "Are you a bartender from your past life?"

 

"I used to attend a class like this. I thought of using this as a part time job since I spend my whole life studying business management."

 

"I see. You are so good at this for a part timer." Yoona praises, showing two thumbs up. "Jjang."

 

"Thanks. I hope you will like my special drink for you then." Hyoyeon replied as she finishes and place the glass on the counter. "I only put few alcohols but more on juice since I know you have your car with you." she explained why the drink looks more than a juice.

 

"Thanks." Yoona gladly took a sip on it and instantly brightens after tasting. "Whoa, I think this is the best drinks I have ever tasted." she praises exaggeratedly.

 

"Yah, you keep on praising me. Why don't you dance there and have fun." Hyoyeon suggested gesturing.

 

Shaking her head, Yoona explained, "I'll drink this first."

 

"What?!" Hyoyeon chuckled in disbelief. "It's no fun if you just sit here, Im Yoona."

 

Yoona turned her head behind and watches the sea of young adults dancing with their lives like there's no tomorrow. She turned and ask rather, "Why don't you share something interesting? I mean, you mentioned you've been here since this was opened right? If so, you already know who are these people. I'm pretty sure there are avid costumers." she ended it with a sip on her drink.

 

"You're seriously no-"

 

"After you tell me, I will go there and enjoy this night more."

 

Hyoyeon's lips curved into a smirk. "Okay then." she shifted her eyes back to the people and can recognize a lot of them. "That purple haired guy there... " she began as Yoona take a look on who is she talking about. "He's a son of a bank owner in Seoul. He's Jimin and apparently a junior college student. He's quite a bad boy."

 

"Why?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter