one

Hugs and Kisses

#01

“You shouldn’t be here.” Jongkook pointed out as he lay his eyes on the woman in front of him. 

“And why’s that?” Jihyo huffed and crossed her arms. 

“It’s 3am in the night.” Anyone would have been shocked to find a dark shadow hovering on the bed in the middle of the night, including him. 

Jihyo tilted her head at him, pondering over his statement. 

“So?” 

“You should be at home sleeping.” 

“This is home too. Second home,” she nodded her head solemnly, and Jongkook couldn’t find any reason to refute that. He shifted to make space on the bed before lifting the blanket to invite her in. 

“Get in.” It was too late to send her back anyway. Might as well let her stay. 

Jihyo giggled and slid in beside him under the blanket. With her being so close to him, Jongkook was clearly able to smell the scent of alcohol on her.  

“You went drinking?” 

“Gathering with colleagues.” She mumbled, lying on her side and latching onto his arm that’s warm and comfortable to hug with. 

“Why did you come here after that?” 

“It’s near your place… and I missed you,” she sulked, the consumption of alcohol causing her to be less reserved than she normally would be.

 The corner of his lips unknowingly crept up. 

“Even though we saw each other the day before during filming?” 

“-not interacting… me... other people talking…” Jihyo mumbled against his shoulder and Jongkook barely understood her, but he caught the gist of it. 

Jongkook sighed silently to himself, reaching over to gently brush stray strands of hair away from her face, her head as Jihyo snuggled closer to him. 

“I'm sorry.”

“S'okay. I know it's work. I'll… chat with younger men next time.” She snickered and Jongkook shook his head in amusement at her proclamation, although he wasn't sure if she's joking or being serious about it while in semi-drunken state. 

He would rather have all the hates directed to him than having her endure those vicious comments. It wouldn’t affect him as much as it would her, and she suffered more than enough already. 

Jihyo yawned, and Jongkook could tell she was struggling to stay awake.

“It’s late already, go to sleep.”

“I want to chat with oppa.” 

“We can chat in the morning Jihyo-yah, so get some sleep now.” 

Jihyo pouted, but ultimately did as told because her eyelids were getting heavier with each passing second. 

“Goodnight, oppa.” 

“Goodnight and sleep well.” 

And he waited until she drifted off to sleep, kissing the top of her head before getting to sleep too.

-
#02

“Jihyo-yah, you’ve been staring at me for the past 10 minutes.” 

Ever since he got out from the changing room after having been drenched by water from the previous game mission, she’s been at his side and staring at him with an expression he couldn’t depict. 

“Mhm.” 

That wasn’t quite the response he expected. 

“And?” 

“And what?”  

“Why are you staring at me like that.” 

“Oh. You look really cute, oppa.” 

Jongkook raised his eyebrows at Jihyo, noticeably confused by her comment.

“Your hair is all flat, oppa. Almost like a mushroom.” Unlike his usual curled hairstyle, and she was relatively tempted to touch it.

“Can I touch it?” And she did, before he could even respond to her request, standing on tiptoes and running her fingers through his hair. 

Jongkook exhaled and let Jihyo be, because he knew he was entirely helpless against her. 

“So what is your verdict of my hair?” 

“Really smooth and nice to touch.” She smiled cheerfully at him, clearly satisfied. 

 “That’s good to know then.” Why was he secretly happy about this? Ah, crazy. 

“Come on, let’s get back to the rest.” Before they start asking where did the both of them disappeared to.