Nii-chan

The End of Chimera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re here.”
 
I regained my thoughts and stared the figure standing in front of me. Oh God, she’s still enticing as ever.
 
She sat next to me. I didn’t know what to do, so I ended up silent and playing with camera in my hand. Rina didn’t say a word either, and that made us trapped in stillness for quite a while. The park was empty because it’s night already.
 
“I…” Rina tried to speak, but stopped. “I… I…”
 
I didn’t take my eyes off her. I started getting worried. What would those small lips say?
 
Rina turned her body, facing me. She gazed me intently, and then took a deep breath. Eh? Was it her eyes glistened or I dreaming?
 
“I’m glad to meet you, Nii-chan.” Rina managed to say finally. “Really, it’s a big pleasure knowing I have an elder brother, and he turns out to be you.” The tears she had been holding dropped at the end. “I have always wished to have a brother since I was toddler… Wow, I didn’t expect my wish to be granted.” She smiled. I could say she tried hard to keep her voice sounded cheerful. However, sorrow in her eyes was too clear. It made me crushed to bits.
 
“How about Nii-chan? Does Nii-chan like to have a younger sister like me?” she swept up her tears wetting her cheeks.
 
“Rina.” I touched her shoulder.
 
She looked at my eyes again. “Sorry, I might not be able to be a good sister… I’m , I have nothing to be proud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter