A Piece Of Me

Wrapped Around My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s note: OMFG I am so sorry this is so angsty compared to the last fic because I love angst and aidnaiksjsn and I’m also sorry it took this lobg for me to post this. I hope you enjoy it tho! Oh, and let’s talk at my twitter @piawriteslove I follow back and would love to talk with y’all on MarkJin and HyungWonho :D Enjoy!!

 

 

Baby, 

 

 


Jinyoung was 8 when his father left him and his mother. His parents were fighting in the middle of the night and he couldn’t sleep, crying under the cover of his bed and hugging his stuffed toy so tight.

 

They were screaming, things being thrown at walls and breaking, crying and pain – so much pain. Jinyoung couldn’t understand why they were fighting. Weren’t they supposed to be soulmates? Someone who owns the other half of them? Someone who understands them in a deeper way no one could?

 

So why?

 

Jinyoung must have fallen asleep crying because the moment he woke up, it was already morning. He cautiously went to the living room where he found his mother still crying.

 

“Umma?,” he said softly, scared that any louder, a dam would break.

 

His mother was still startled, “oh hi baby,” she said, wiping her tears even though tears are still falling. Jinyoung couldn’t bear to see his mother crying so he ran up to her and hugged her tight.

 

His mother hugged him back just as tightly, “I’m sorry baby – I’m sorry. Appa – h-he won’t come back to us. H-he l-left us.” His mother sobbed.

 

He was still so young to witness heartbreak, to see how two people in love throw something so precious away.

 

It wasn’t until a few moths later that he found out the reason why his father left. His mother and father weren’t really soulmates. His mother’s soulmate died when she was still 23 – they were workmates, his mother told him - he died in a car accident. And they never really found his father’s soulmate… not until a few months before he left. His father started hearing his soulmates’ voice. He tried to stay faithful to his wife and son, but the call of his soulmate is so strong that he swayed. So his father decided to leave and follow his soulmate.

 

Jinyoung wonder if this is how fate would play him when he grows up. What if he falls in love with someone who already has a soulmate?

 

What if his soulmate dies before he could ever meet him?

 

Then Jinyoung doesn’t want to have a soulmate. He promises himself he wouldn’t fall in love. He would keep his heart guarded and strong. Unlike his father – he promised not to be easily swayed.

 

I’m falling deeper in love
 

 

When Jinyoung was 9 his mother decided to move to another house – new home, new life she said. That his mother just found a new job there and already enrolled him at a new school that is near their new home. And Jinyoung doesn’t have it in him to fight his mother so he agreed. His old home did bring a lot of painful memories so a new home would be a breath of fresh air to the both of them.

 

He was just starting to put away his clothes when he heard a knock on the door. He wasn’t normally a shy kid but when he opened the door, he was stood face to face by someone so ethereal looking he was suddenly shy.

 

It wasn’t until later when Mark – his name is Mark, Mark, Mark, Jinyoung kept repeating his name – went home after they played all day long that he realized that the walls he put up around his heart was slowly crumbling. 


And he wonders if he should let it crumble.


 

Everything that you are

 


Jinyoung was 12 when he started middle school (Mark is a year higher than him so they don’t meet up as much as before) and when he met his new friends/classmates– Jaebum (the leader of their batch), Hyungwon (adorable turtle who he treats as his baby eventhough he’s younger than him and his future other bestfriend – the only person he could talk about Mark too cause they wound up in the same boat), Jackson (who is annoying as but who he trusts with all of his heart), and Jooheon (who wants to be the best rapper someday but is clingy). He loved them so much and cares for them as if they’re family —

 

But they don’t hold a spark next to Mark in his life. They don’t shine as bright as Mark does.


Jinyoung can spend the hold day with his friends at school, talk to then, laugh with them and enjoy everysecond with them — but at the end of the day, it’s still Mark he wants to be with the most.

 

Because Mark is everything to Jinyoung

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter