Epilogue: Luhan

Love Like Confetti
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Truth,’ Luhan said, wincing immediately as everyone yelled questions at him.

‘Guys, guys…’ Baekhyun finally managed to silence the group. Luhan didn’t like the smirk on his face. ‘Let’s ask him something good.’

Luhan glanced at Mei who was looking questioningly at Baekhyun. Baekhyun mouthed something at her and she smiled, nodding. ‘Yeah,’ she said, glancing at Luhan. ‘Go ahead.’

The rest cheered and Luhan swallowed, wondering what was going to be asked.

 ‘Luhan, do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?’

Luhan rolled his eyes. Baekhyun and his never-ending theatrics. ‘I already chose truth.’

‘Yes, but do you swear?’

The group was silent as if waiting for his agreement and Luhan sighed. ‘Fine… I swear.’

There was another eruption of cheers but it died down quite quickly. ‘Okay…’ Baekhyun spoke, smirking at Mei. ‘Mei, this is the moment of truth. Are you ready?’

She nodded, leaning forward eagerly. She looked adorable, like an over-eager puppy and Luhan felt himself melting, just a little. 

‘Luhan.’ He was yanked out of his mooning by Baekhyun’s loud voice. ‘Why do you like Mei?’

The group felt entirely silent. Luhan glanced around, all eyes fixed on him, until his eyes landed on Mei. Her eyes were wide, eager to hear his answer. His heart thudded, everyone else fading as she became the sole focus of his entire being.

‘I-‘

There was a loud bang and everyone in the group was covered in confetti.

Luhan rolled his eyes so hard it felt like they would pop out of his sockets. He clenched his fists, trying to control the aggression inside him. Way to ruin the moment.

‘Chanyeol, for the love of-‘

‘Sorry!’ Chanyeol smiled sheepishly. ‘I got too excited!’

Finding out the confettision was caused due to extreme emotions was a huge relief to everyone who knew Chanyeol, because they had all been on the receiving end of his confettisons at one point, Luhan more than most. That did not lessen his irritation.

‘I like her because she didn’t confettision on me,’ he said – no, snapped.

The group fell quiet. Mei’s smile looked suddenly strained, the over-eager expression in her eyes fading. ‘What?’

Luhan wanted to take it back but it wasn’t like he was lying. It was a reason, one among many.

‘I mean,’ he explained, looking directly at Mei, hoping she would understand. ‘Of course there are other reasons too-‘

‘Such as?’ Baekhyun interrupted. He glared at him, to no avail.

‘Such as she is extremely cute and pretty and has an amazing personality,’ Luhan snapped back, eyes falling back on Mei. She was blushing now, but the smile was back on her face. ‘But the one thing that really made me take notice was the fact that she didn’t confettision on me… not when we first met, not when we met again here and not even after my own confettision. It made me relaxed around her, not having to worry about it. So… I guess that’s why.’

‘You said when you guys first met…?’ Suho commented, frowning thoughtfully. ‘Did you know her before?’

Luhan nodded. ‘Yeah… it took me some time to figure it out but we’ve met before. Haven’t we, Mei?’ He smiled at Mei, whose eyes were widened in surprise.

‘You remember?’ she asked.

‘Of course.’ She was quite different from the little kid he had saved from those hooligans – taller, for one thing; and prettier, hair longer than the apple-hair she used to sport. But her face was the same and it had clicked. It was recent development and he hadn’t gotten around to asking her about it yet. But now, she knew that he knew.

‘Hold on,’ Baekhyun interrupted the moment, mirth heavy in his voice. ‘You think she’s never confettisioned on you?’

‘She hasn’t,’ Luhan asserted.

Baekhyun let out a disbelieving laugh and it irked Luhan. ‘Why are you laughing?’

‘Oh you’re so innocent, Lulu!’ he said, smacking the ground while laughing. Luhan looked around; it seemed like Baekhyun was alone in the joke because all the others looked as confused as he felt.

Or well, almost all the others. Mei was blushing, not looking at him anymore. And Sehun was smirking.

‘What?’ he demanded. ‘What’re you guys not telling me? Mei?’

Mei shook her head, still blushing; so Luhan focused on Sehun. ‘You know what this is about,’ he accused.

Sehun shrugged. ‘Maybe.’

Beside him, Minyoung seemed to have finally figured it out because she let out a strangled laugh. ‘Oh!’

Mei glared at her best friend, who had started giggling and was valiantly trying to bring herself under control.

‘Okay,’ Luhan leaned back, crossing his arms.  He looked at Mei. ‘Explain.’   

Mei gave him the most pitiful look she could muster. ‘Can we not talk about this?’

He didn’t really care about anything Baekhyun had to say but Mei’s reactions were making him curious. She was acting as if he didn’t know something, which was stupid. Because if she had confettision

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter