Stutter

Yes It's You [BPConverts]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



In less than ten minutes, the building's billboard lights was already blazing through my windshield. 24/7 Library. That was the actual name of the establishment. It couldn't be anymore obvious what the building was; perhaps the Owner never knew how to be discreet about it or maybe it was a marketing strategy.
I would have reached the place faster if I Ignored Chae’s advice and skipped the visit to two nearby convenience stores. But I thought I had to put a little effort if I was sincere, which I was. AndI had to trust her if I wanted this apology to go smoothly. And so our conversation over the phone was stuck in my head as I drove to the library.
"Chae-yah?"
"Bring her dog-shaped chocolates."
"Huh?! Why would I bring that??"
"If you want to be forgiven faster."
"Do l really need to?"
"You want her to come home soon, right?"

"Yes"Trust me, it can help."

"Urgh. Ok, fine."
The library was like the old-school review areas except that it was definitely more modern and there was a fancy coffee shop and cafeteria within the premises. It was just convenient that when I entered the front door, I was welcomed by a big board complete with instructions and map for first-timers like me.
There are five floors and each floor had a specific population it caters. I thought that arrangement would make it easier for me to find Jennie.

 

The first floor had the lounge and meeting areas; it's the only floor where group discussions and chatting was allowed. Because on all the other floors, a red bulb above your table will light up if they catch you being loud. I thought that would
be scandalous and so no one would dare break
the silence rule. She's most certainly not the
chatty type, so it's unlikely that she will be on this floor
The second floor was for pleasure reading
because that's where the literary pieces were. Hmmm.. She could be in there, only that i've not seen her carry non-academic books.
The third floor was where the lockers, vending machines, the coffee shop and the cafeteria were strategically located. I know she likes staying in the kitchen to read, but I don't remember
her to be the eating-while-reading type.
The idea just reminded me of the possibility that he might not be eating properly, especially that I learned that money has been a problem since they got kicked out of the academy. The thought suddenly made me hold on tighter to the paperbag I was bringing for her.
The fourth floor had the computers and books on humanities and liberal arts. Unless she changed courses without everyone's knowledge, I might find her there.
And lastly, which I think will be my first destination was the fifth floor that housed the books on professional programs. The medical sciences are on that floor.
I systematically treated through all the unfamiliar aisles that greeted me at the topmost floor before I checked on everyone on the table with the same hair color or length. But she wasn't there and so I made my way to the floor underneath.
It was definitely easier to find the chocolate dogs than finding her in that ginormous place.
Thankfully there was an information booth by the area before the rows of computers and so l asked the guy behind the counter.
"Im sorry, I hope you can help me."
"Sure. What's up?"
“Im looking for a friend. She's about this tall, brown hair about this length, white Complexion.. And hmmm... Cute but rarely talks." I would have said she always carried a book everywhere, but I guess that's just every person in the building except me. And I would have added she could kill someone with a stare, but that would be frightening and unnecessary.
“You're looking for Jennie?" For a guy who works in a place like this, he had the widest and the most unconventional library smile when he said her name. I'm not sure why, but I suddenly felt a pang of irritation which I managed to prevent from showing, but I went on thinking which pocket I kept my Swiss knife in.
“Yes, did you happen to see her today?"
"Oh, she's been here for three days." His smile was getting into my nerves that I started actually feeling for my knife. But hearing that she spent three days here just slapped my face with insurmountable guilt.
"Ahh...". just nodded.
Try the second floor. Sadly, she rarely goes to this floor." Good for you. That fact made me dismiss cutting his throat.
I bowed and thanked him for shortening my search.
"If you see her, tell her I said hello. Tell her it's
V" His smile was wider when he raised a peace
sign up his face. I'm definitely coming back to cut those fingers.
I bowed again before I turned around and started fidgeting the paper bag to prevent my hands from reaching for my pocket. I still don't know why his behavior annoyed me but I tried to forget about the encounter as I climbed down two floors. I was als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter