Target

Yes It's You [BPConverts]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie and I- tragedy in the making

 

But like l said, that was two weeks ago.
My mission-focused façade was embarrassingly short-lived.
After settling into my new temporary home, days went by like they were in a hurry. Most of the supposedly getting-to-know days, l spent insolitary planning. A few times I drove Seulgi to the supermarket, and Lisa and Joohyun to their work places. Some nights were spent helping the two find more jobs that Uncle GD had to pull a few strings to secure their employment, of course beyond their knowledge. But that was it for the trust-building phase.
Most of the time, I was alone discussing plans with Uncle especially that the other two seemed to have started growing roots in the university library for the semester's final wave of requirements. But it was a relief that I didn't have to deal with Jennie's distressing apathy; more than angry words, I hated the silence between us that was growing excruciatingly louder.
The only reason why Chae started coming home earlier than usual was when the new laptop arrived. Being the geekiest member, she couldn't resist laying her hands on her new eye candy.
“Jisoo-yah, this is a gaming laptop! With gaming
mouse and all!”
"Boss said that was the fastest available. Even the internet speed was changed. Isn't that what you requested?? Should we return it?" I grinned teasing, making her hug the laptop tightly shaking her head like a fickle-minded tornado. If there was someone who made me smile in this house, that was Chae.
If I gave myself the chance to be friends with anyone, I certainly would choose her in spite the instances that her intellect made me feel like my 19 years of education can all be learned in one of her afternoon daydreaming sessions. It would be her in spite the times she made the situation more awkward because of her clever and expressive song selection.
And there's Lisa who, in spite putting effort to make me feel accepted in the group, also equally made me uncomfortable with all her display of uninvited physical affection. There were occurrences that her fondness of me caused a remorseful yearning for Jennie's soul-scorching
lack of responsiveness.
And then there's Joohyun who, in spite her occasional gut-revolting flair for liquor mixing (and naming), cannot seem to enchant Seulgi to take her back. I wonder what exactly happened that she seemed to have not moved on anywhere far from the separation which Seulgi claimed was mutual and consensual.
As for my roommate, her inconsistently warm personality is making me doubt if it was indeed an advantage that I was in the same room as her. I don't mind that we seem to not have even the slightest commonality, but her harmless presence always made me feel an unexplainable sense of urgency to either step out of the room or fall asleep as quickly as possible when she was around.
Nevertheless, for the past two weeks, Boss GD, Seulgi and I have successfully set the mood for the upcoming drills before we engage in actual
missions. As soon as the final examinations ended, our rigorous training sessions began.
And it wasn't surprising that Jennie barely came to train, except for that one day when she miraculously appeared and changed the way I felt for her

 


I could still recall that spring morning. It was cold but the weight of the air warned of a drizzle that might fall soon. It was one of those mornings when no human being of undamaged sanity would feel the enthusiasm to work nor play. Especially after several days of waking up before Sunrise for a 5-mile run, we all started to feel the exhaustion. But we had to follow the schedule,and today was the first of the many firearms practices.
I drove to the location with Seulgi, Chae and Lisa in the car. Joohyun as predicted took forever to prepare and so she insisted that we go ahead to SJ-café after 30 minutes with all my effort to not overspeed.
"How exactly are we going to practice shooting
in a café?" Seulgi asked as soon as she dismounted from the backseat.
"Maybe we're having breakfast first!" Lisa yelled after stepping out of the passenger side.
"Something tells me, this isn't exactly a modest café.
"Im beginning to think that you have X-ray vision Chae-yah. C'mon, let's just hurry in before someone sees us." I wore my hood and before I could close my door, I felt Lisa's slender arm link with mine.
"Jisoo-yah, with your brightly-colored car, don't you think it's pointless and impractical to even hurry in?"
Chae has a point that my car screamed our identity. "Yah, I'll change the color to black first thing tomorrow."
“Black is not even a color"
"And why is that?!" I could see Seulgi wanting
to cover Lisa's mouth to prevent her from
asking. But she wasn't fast enough; so, she just facepalmed instead.
"Because like white, black does not possess a specific wavelength of visible light. In point of fact, black is the absence of visible light,which makes it impossible to have a spot in the spectrum."
Lisa's expression was more confused than enlightened.

"I'm suddenly dizzy. Is it Chae or I really need breakfast?"
“It's Chae" Seulgi and I agreed.
Partly true to Chae's prediction, it wasn't simple café, but it was a working, profit-making business that I secretly own. l decided to build it after my trust money became accessible. But More than a commercial space, the café was an unfinished plan of my mother; hence all the fixtures, down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter