The Devil Wears Pink Jammies

Yes It's You [BPConverts]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Erase that. Two weeks ago, I did not only hate Jennie's guts, I was allergic to her existence. I detested the inevitability of her presence throughout this mission. Our tacit repulsion of each other went from viable to terminal in less than 30 minutes of our first encounter.
 

Seulgi was desperate to cut short the so awkward silence that Jennie left in the kitchen.

"Why don't we get to know you more?" She looked at the others with her wide eyes that Joohyun stuttered to throw the first question.
“Ji-Jisoo-yah, favorite color?"

"Red, obviously." I answered still side-glancing the girl who had that singular talent of causing everyone discomfort.
"Specify." She commanded. "Traffic light red? Gala apple red? Drunk cheeks red? Pokemon ball red? Hickey red?" She chuckled to the last option while gauging liquor carefully with measuring spoons.
I would have answered bloody red but they might follow up with what kind of blood. Is it dried blood? Menstrual blood? Arterial, venous, anemic or polycythemic blood? I didn't want to risk it.
"I think l'll go with Crayola red."
"Uhhh so boring." Joohyun slid a shot glass a third filled with something she called Tension-Breaker, it couldn't be any more fitting.
“Your all-around footwear?" Chae asked next.
"Anything comfortable is fine.” I drank the liquor certain that my answer was still at an unacceptable state.
"Details." Here we go. "Not-so-original-Stans?Play-safe-Keds? Britney Spears-Sketchers? Always-humongous-Martens? Airless-Jordans? Worn-out-Chucks? Potato Socks? Dirty Barefoot?"
"Martens. Definitely Martens." l answered nodding.
"Ultimate hobby?" Seulgi asked unconsciously drinking the refilled shot glass that was intended for me.

"Ewww! I drank it. What poison was that?"
“Hmm. .. Ex-GFs wrath? Ooops!"
Seulgi just rolled her eyes at Joohyun before she opened the milk carton I laid on the counter and chugged a mouthful from the lid to wash off the disgruntling taste.
"God... You're so unsanitary, spreading your PBgerms.”
“Tsss. ... So, any hobby?"
I wanted to tell her the truth that I spent hours and hours singing during my growing up years I loved singing even before my mind knew how to do it. But I didn't want to throw an absolute curiosity-inducing reply. And besides, I didn't want that detail revealed especially that those singing years reminded me of the grief I battled over my mother's death.
"Reading?" For having quite an expensive education and for being acquainted with a decent amount of literature, I assumed I could pass for a reader.
"Any particular genre?" I was expecting a follow up within the lines of what's your favorite book or character. But genre was definitely an Chae-kind-of-question.

"Fiction, I guess."
“That's a type of book, not a genre." I drank all the liquid from the second shot glass that Seulgi self-consciously handed, while waiting for a list of choices that Chae did not enumerate. Joohyun poured me a glass of orange juice after seeing my face distort to the last gulp.
“You and Jennie-eonnie have disturbing similarities." The 97liner smirk convinced me that she knew I lied. I wanted to change my answer but it was too late.
"See that? We have bookworms for gunmen."
I definitely dug my own grave on that one.
"Favorite band or singer?" That was definitely a Lisa-question. I wanted to thank her for cutting their our leader's forthcoming narrative of the nonexistent compatibility between me and the devil who wore pink jammies. And have mentioned that I hate pink?
"TVXQ." might have slightly yelled my
answer.
"Oh my god... love them too!" From my periphery, I could tell that each of the other members raised an eyebrow. "Have you watched their concert?"
"Not yet." I would want to, but my hiding kept me from fully enjoying my youth. Watching bands, walking by the river, street food at night, coffee with friends and chasing cherry blossoms are among the things I prohibited myself from doing. I didn't even attend a regular school in the fear of
my father learning that I was still alive.
"Oh poor you. We'll get tickets on their next comeback, okay?"
"So far which of the shooters did you like?"
"Definitely... the orange juice..." I showed a toothy grin.
Joohyun huffed. "Aishhhh... another -lover."
"Why, who else?"
“Jennie." Her name echoed. I thought, yeah why would she want to drink if she's already drunk with anger and self-absorption? I know Chae saw me grimace to another point to our fictional
compatibility.
"I know you'll be a good match. I can see it." Seulgi declared. One of us must be blind because I couldn't see where she got that idea.

"Anyway, back to business. So what's the plan? Are we meeting your boss soon for some instructions?"
“You can call him Boss GD too. That's how he
wants to be called."
Boss GD is my uncle. Actually, we're not related but after my mom entrusted my life to him, I started calling him uncle until I had to resurface
and pretend to work for him. I grew up under his
supervision and he taught me everything I had to know. He is in essence the father I never had.
“He's going to contact you soon since you are our leader." I had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter