Dream Reality

Yes It's You [BPConverts]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



She did not seem to resist the physical contact and so, I did not let go of her until I was able to pull open the passenger door. I pushed her in and kissed her hungrily until she fainted from exhaustion.

Nah, that last part didn't happen, it was just a spontaneous fantasy but I shook it off.

As I drove, I kept on wishing for the library to have miraculously relocated to the other side of the city , so I could stay alone with her in the car longer. But sadly, 24/7 Library was barely five minutes away and that was already with three stop signs, an oddly situated traffic light and driving with agonizing slowness.

Regardless of the distance, the fact that she was beside me was enough to make me drive in perpetual distraction. Especially that when she abruptly left the apartment, she only wore a pair of shorts and now her thighs are blinding me, not because I'm erted but because her skin is so white. Tsk. Okay, just a little erted. If only it wasn't weird to continue holding her hand, I wouldn't have thought twice. But I know that she always kept a weapon somewhere, so I didn't want to risk it.

When we got to the library, I suppose because of some misaligned stars in the sky, that creep V guy from fourth floor was at the reception by the entrance and he instantly rose from his chair to unnecessarily welcome us.

"Hi Jennie! And hi, friend of Jennie!" And like our first encounter, he still had that library-inappropriate gummy smile that made his eyes disappear when he said Jennie's name.

Jennie who walked beside me with her eyes on the floor bowed to acknowledge the greeting, while I coerced myself to return the smile and wave at him. What I really wanted was to just stick a finger out and silence him forever, but I thought that would be too rude and too early to do in the morning. But maybe later.

I walked faster and led her to the second floor by the fire exit tables where I found her the last time. After she sat, I laid over her lap the fleece throw I got from my car's trunk.

"Stay here, Jennie." I said before heading up to the third floor. I didn't say that because I thought she might leave; I know she won't go anywhere else since this place is her mothership. But I just thought that the silence was already too awkward that I had to break it. And okay, another was that I didn't want her to be seen by that reception guy.

After absentmindedly treading the floor above us and scrutinizing the vending machines, I returned with a bottle of iced coffee, a chocolate bar and a triangle kimbap. I saw that she was already reading and so I laid the food quietly in front of her just a few inches away from the book. "You didn't finish your brunch." Scared to trigger a red light again, I whispered and did not wait for a response.

Despite the existence of a massive collection of literary pieces above and around us, I didn't have a wee bit of energy to get one for props and so I just sat on the study table beside her and took out my phone like any socially awkward person would do.

And then I saw that Chae has texted exactly eight seconds ago.

CH: Take out the pouch I gave you

And that's when I discovered that what she handed me was nothing close to money, it was a pair of familiar wireless earphones. Amidst the somnolence and my rapidly draining vigor, I was able to forecast what my tall friend has planned to do and so I closed the pouch and returned it to my pocket.

CH: Take them out again

WHAT THE F...! How did she know?? I replied to her but didn't follow her instructions.

JS: They're out

CH: They're not

JS: How the heck did you know??

CH: Look up

All I saw were rows of thickly stacked Mahogany bookshelves. But then I almost had goosebumps when I found the CCTV camera with a blinking red light. I felt like Chae was winking at me.

JS: Don't tell me...

CH: I can see you. Now turn on your Bluetooth, put one in your ear and the other in Jennie-eonnie's

JS: What if I don't want to??

CH: I've hacked into their CCTV feed; don't you think I can do more?

JS: I still don't want to.

A few seconds after I sent the text, a song's intro suddenly blared through the overhead speakers of the entire library and made all the library-goers including Jennie curiously stare at the ceiling waiting for some clarification of the unusual incident. DAMN. There was no way out.

After quickly wearing one earpiece, the music stopped.

JS: OKAY! OKAY!

CH: Good, tell her you have a song for her

JS: Seriously?? Do I really have to say that??

CH: Do you want me to say it? Through the speakers?

JS: Fine. But first, I want to know what you'll play

CH: You know that's not how it works

JS: Come on, tell me!

CH: Don't worry, it won't be anywhere close to your song selection.

JS: What song selection??

CH: Crazy For You? Bold choice, by the way.

JS: That was a stupid spur of the moment thing!

CH: Yeah, that's what I meant.

Conceding to the fruitless argument, my sluggish hand found its way to Jennie's ear but she was taken aback by my sudden advances that she leaned away before I could insert the earpiece.

"I... have a song... for you." But her face still manifested hesitation, and in my impending desperation, I looked up the ceiling and started searching for a speaker somehow to send her a sign. She was quick to understand that the hubbub in the library was one of our maknae's doing, so she took the plug from my hand and wore it herself.

If she hacked the library's system, she most likely hacked my phone too, so I just waited for the inevitable to occur. But nothing played for the next few minutes that my apprehension turned to sleepiness. I could hibernate any moment and so I crossed my arms on the table and just dropped my head there. In the fear of looking ridiculous if I slept with my mouth open or drooling, I turned my head away before I closed my eyes.

Immediately, my mind wandered.

Are you going to play a song soon, Chaeyoung-ah? Just play it already... I don't want to doze off without knowing what embarrassment I'm getting myself into. I want to know at least what musical revelation you'll make.

I thought Bumblebee conveyed his messages through songs, but your version conveyed other people's messages, especially the ones they don't consciously talk about.

Now I'm thinking maybe Crazy For You was my unconscious way of saying what I felt. But... Nah, the song is just way too much.

I wonder if Jennie is looking at me right now. Are you looking at me, Jennie? Can you hear my thoughts? Can I call you Jendeukie in my head? Huhhh.. I'm really goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter