Almost complete

we are in noir (let go of me)

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t find sleep. Each sound coming from the house sounded like a threat and each time steps were heard, she prayed it wasn’t either Momo or Nayeon. Those two were like magnets unable to approach each other because a powerful inner conflict. No matter how hard they tried, their resentment was too deeply craved to be repaired. The image of Momo getting angry didn’t left Chaeyoung’s mind and she wondered how come someone couldn’t be afraid of her, even provoke her twice. Nayeon must hide a dangerous power to be fearless.

When morning came, Chaeyoung was the first to be up since her soul find no serenity. Wearing an old sweater, glasses and her blond hair loose, she decided to walk around the manor to take a better look of the objects. Maybe she could find something interesting that would catch her interest.

It took her some time, it was only six in the morning and the house was quiet. She reached the hall and noticed a little mark against the wall, where Momo smashed Nayeon’s body last night. Chaeyoung touched the wood with her hand before pulling a face. It wasn’t superhuman force but the anger must have been so strong that she feared Momo had no control over her emotions. Since they met, the instability emanating from the elder girl made her feel uneasy.

She left the hall to enter inside the living room. There was no croissant, no tea, nothing. The person taking care of it must be asleep and Chaeyoung wondered who were they ? Slaves ? Impossible, she knew Jihyo and Sana wouldn’t accept this kind of situation. Themselves fought for freedom, to create a balance and a safe. But maybe there was a hidden door, somewhere and with their invisibility they could cook, clean, live by their side ! No, this was just fantasy Chaeyoung thought.

But just to be sure, she stretched her arms, curious. Defeated to touch nothing but oxygen, she sighed and kept walking around the room to end up sitting on the sofa. Her back pressed against the soft material, she was about to zone out, let down her guard and maybe find sleep for a short while but that’s until she found something disturbing. There was a painting on her right. A woman, dark hair, large shoulders, brown eyes and hair tied in a bun. She had a round face, no smile but a mole, right under her lips and another, against her eyebrow. Chaeyoung lifted her hand, the tip of her fingers grazing at the scar left on her eyebrow and realized. Sana told her they were their ancestors and what if, this woman, was indeed her own ancestor. The moles, the round eyes, the large shoulders and she emanated a very young energy despite being on her late forties.

"I knew you’d obtain answers by yourself, yes, she had the same ability as you", Sana came out of nowhere, making Chaeyoung turn her head to look at the intruder. She felt relieved once she saw Sana’s kindness through her soft eyes but the blonde woman looked away.

"I thought I was the only one, how come we’re kept in the dark until one day someone find us ?" Chaeyoung kept looking at Sana, drowned by her beauty. The first sunrays pierced through the windows and Sana’s side profile was really something.

"I guess it’s to protect us from the outside world. For humans we are curiosities and they wouldn’t be able to let us live without putting us in cage", Sana explained.

"Do you live here, I mean, the whole year ?" It felt like walking on eggs and Chaeyoung had to be careful. For an unknown reason, Sana seemed to have a hard time talking about herself. She could laugh, be the first one to make a joke, but each time someone stepped on the wrong line she’d make this sad face that could break anybody’s heart.

"Sometimes I travel, other times I find another place in the middle of nowhere but yes, most of the time I take care of this place", Sana touched the walls with her long and thin fingers. Maybe Jihyo was the owner but Sana was part of this mansion more than anyone else in the team. She was the fairy, dancing around even when nobody else was here to observe such a refreshing display.

"Don’t you get lonely sometimes ?"

"You can get lonely in a house full of people too", Sana answered with honesty before walking closer from Chaeyoung. The distance between them was being reduced quickly, Chaeyoung’s heart beating faster. Unexpectedly, no sound came out from and darkness filled her vision without advertence. It was impossible to move without Sana’s consent and it lasted for several minutes until the blonde stepped back. Chaeyoung opened her eyes but Sana was already bending above the table to grab a pain au chocolat.

"Breakfast is served", Sana stated with a gracious smile.

 

 

Momo kept looking through the round window inside her room. She was the monster confined inside the tower, a book inside her hands. Her forehead against the cold glass, she closed her eyes. There was no anger boiling inside her veins, no thought towards the new visitor. This mansion wasn’t hers and she knew she couldn’t convince Jihyo to let her leave this place before the end.

But Flashbacks rushed inside her mind, tearing apart the happy memories. If only she could erase most of it, travel back time to fix everything that went wrong those freezing nights. They won the war but not permanently, they won because someone scarified for a truce.

The window almost broke against Momo’s sudden punch but she quickly calmed down, shutting down her wicked brain to stop suffering. The room became cold, the candles blew out. It was dark, the sun tried without succeeding to bring light inside the small chamber.

 

 

 

When Chaeyoung walked up to shower and have a little talk with Jihyo, hoping to know some more about the mansion, she ran into Nayeon. Their shoulders bumped against one another and Chaeyoung froze.

"I finally meet you", the girl with red hair smiled and revealed her bunny teeth. She had no more blood around her full lips, no more crazy expression crossing her face.

"I’m Im Nayeon, sorry for yesterday. Jihyo told me you saw everything but you don’t have to worry", Nayeon extended her hand, showing a brighter side. Chaeyoung couldn’t believe she was the same person from yesterday, her aura changed drastically.

"I’m not sure you want to shake hands with me", those words made Nayeon frown.

"Why not ?" The eldest tilted her head, curious. Chaeyoung bit her lip and after little debate, afraid to disappoint the latter, she slowly stretched her hand for minimal contact. Hesitation subsided and Nayeon became a little bit more intimidating with her piercing eyes, waiting for an interaction like this was the basic if you wanted to become her friend.

Courage took place inside Chaeyoung’s veins and she shook hands with Nayeon. The reaction was immediate and rough images invaded her mind. Blood, lifeless animals, Nayeon with long dark hair, mutilated wrists, a shattering scream and she had to let go. Her breath got caught inside , her palm become sweaty and Nayeon was unaware of what just happened.

"Are you okay ?" She asked quizzically while Chaeyoung tried to forget about the horrific memories that penetrated her mind.

"Yeah.. Yeah don’t worry, I’m just feeling-" But a voice cut them off.

"Visitors !" Sana sang somewhere in between the corridors before a bell rang.

 

 

 

When the door opened by itself, another tall woman came in with full luggage. At first Chaeyoung didn’t noticed the silhouette with light green hair by her side until she snapped out of my trance. They both were happy to be here and it felt nice to have positive vibes inside the house. Sana helped the tallest with the luggage – but all in secrecy, like a butler, while the girl with green hair approached Chaeyoung with a wide smile, extending her hand. Chaeyoung frowned but an unexpected savior came for help.

"She’s scared of handshakes, a hello will do", said Nayeon while walking down stairs with a smile on her face. Jeongyeon’s face light up. Chaeyoung noticed their interaction, a single hug but that lingered just enough to make her question the nature of their relationship. It was an honest embrace, they missed each other she could tell. What if one day, she’d be able to built a strong bound like them ? She started wishing for a friendship like this.

"Well, hello I’m Dahyun, nice to meet you I’m the magician !" Dahyun bowed, laughing at Chaeyoung’s expression. This was new, someone introducing as a magician, leaving no doubt for the mind. But what kind of magic ?

"Magician ?" Chaeyoung asked, impressed by the girl’s introduction.

"Magician ?!" Nayeon yelled, offended. "Don’t put on labels on your abilities like that, you might disappoint the newbie !" Nayeon snorted before walking away, arms linked with Jeongyeon that kept looking behind. She met Chaeyoung’s eyes with a sorry face, Nayeon already blabbering about life and how Russia has been rude to her all this time.

"It’s Jeongyeon, she’s very cool and probably the unproblematic one", Dahyun sighed. Chaeyoung almost forgot about Sana but the blonde was standing quiet since the start, waiting for the ruckus to be over. She had this tiny smile on her lips, ready to bloom for anyone noticing her presence.

"Sana ?" Dahyun totally forgot about Chaeyoung’s existence. It did hurt and Chaeyoung felt left out once again. Of course, they all were very careful and caring around herself but their bond seemed so strong that it stirred some inner jealousy inside of her chest. First her family, and now the ones looking for her ? It disappointed her young and greedy heart.

While the two women took their time to share their little stories, chatting vividly inside the hall, Chaeyoung walked back inside her room. The door opened slowly and with heavy steps she walked inside the only safe place for her fragile heart.

"Do you mind if I stay here for a while ?" Tzuyu needs my room for some research.

Chaeyoung almost fainted when she saw Momo sitting on her bed, a book inside her hands.

 

A/N : They are almost nine. 

Chaeyoung is so scared and admirative over Momo, a weird cocktail. Well, I can't wait to develop their abilities more !