The horde of bees

we are in noir (let go of me)

 

Sana was fast to close the windows. She had no time to stop and made path inside the mansion, closing doors, closing everything that could get a human, an animal or even an insect inside. Chaeyoung felt the emergency in Sana’s behavior but there was a smile floating on her face, like madness or something close. She was almost joyfully galloping around but taking care that no single life could penetrate inside the domain.

"Chaeyoung, I’m asking you to avoid opening the doors and the windows today !" She sang, walking past Chaeyoung still eating her breakfast. The girl nodded and looked up the stairs that lead to the first floor. Momo didn’t came down yesterday night and she felt thankful, she wasn’t feeling at ease with an aura so intense.

"Can I ask you why ?" Chaeyoung was curious. She wasn’t scared to be honest, but this seemed like a ritual and she had to understand why such a fuss.

"Because we’re going to have a visit", Sana ran upstairs, voice barely reaching the youngest ears. Chaeyoung finished her croissant and followed the blonde through the manor, never allowing herself to approach the fourth floor.

"A visit, does it mean another girl from the team ?" Chaeyoung had a hard time chasing after Sana, because she was unpredictable with her steps and the youngest almost knocked herself off against her back many times.

"Team ?" But Sana stopped on her tracks, turning around to face Chaeyoung. Standing in front of the window, light unable to bath her face with warmth, Sana looked taller and intimidating.

"If we can call it a team, just… Don’t be surprised if there is some tension between us", Sana whispered like she just dropped a secret. But soon enough a smile formed on her face and she walked away, going up stairs and leaving Chaeyoung alone near the spiraling staircase. She had no reason to follow her up there, Momo preferred to be alone and she kind of wanted to respect this. Not that she was afraid, not at all !

 

 

 

The mansion was quiet. It’s always been like this but the calm wasn’t natural. Jihyo was nowhere to be seen, probably travelling through time ? Chaeyoung didn’t grasp her exact abilities but she believed she had a lot to do and this could be a theory. When she lived in Korea, inside her beautiful little house, mostly empty from any warmth but nice furniture, she heard her voice. The clearer the souvenir became, the clearer Jihyo’s voice rang into her ears. There was no doubt, those voices came from the owner of this mansion, and she still had no idea about the story of this place.

Chaeyoung found some interest for the table, standing proudly in the living room. Sometimes Sana would take an object and walk away with it. Sometimes she would leave some papers down, slightly different from the ones already on the table. It was a moving platform, in which Sana felt free to move any piece of sheet, any object and Chaeyoung wondered why ?

"I wanted to ask you something", Chaeyoung arrived behind Sana’s back. The afternoon was bringing a nice weather and she really wished someone could open at least one window. It was almost suffocating but maybe because she still didn’t felt at home after all, without a breach.

"Yes ? Go on." Sana smiled before looking back at the objects on the table, her hands working over the antiquities, placing it according papers and weird writings. It gave her a nerdy look, any Human would fall for a woman like Sana : smart, incredibly alluring, mysterious and with a solar but smug smile.

"Jihyo told me that you were a good story teller. I wanted to know more about this house, about where you come from because to be honest, I feel detached from you and I’m scared I’d feel this way with the other girls too and maybe, forever." Chaeyoung sighed and this time Sana dropped everything she was doing. There was a heavy silence but only because Sana needed to gather some memories about the past story of this mansion.

"It’s not my place to tell everything about this house, neither everything about each of us, but I can tell some important facts about me, or Jihyo, or the surface of this story", Sana began while turning around. She didn’t looked into Chaeyoung eyes but seemed more concerned about the sunny weather than the discussion. Chaeyoung followed her eyes, only to meet with a closed window and the sun rays, it felt frustrating.

"You’ve probably noticed the paintings representing men and women against the walls." Sana’s voice was softer and when Chaeyoung turned around, she was now facing a new Sana, ready to tell, ready to share and more tender. Her motherly side was there, once again, ready to lull Chaeyoung with her words.

"Those are mostly our ancestors, the first humans with abilities. Well, the first ones creating such a place and gathering around a table to discuss about the situation", Sana started to walk around the room, slowly, looking at each of their faces. It’s been a long time since she took time to explain about those paintings, those persons and she was trying to recall when was the last time she felt some respect towards the man and woman that made all of this possible.

"They are all Asian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, because there is a legend in our culture, very similar from one to another and they all meet and silently work together as one, can you understand ?" Chaeyoung was confused but she nodded. Maybe if Sana developed, she would be able to fully understand this legend linked to their past ?

"The legend says, that in Asia, children from the nation will wake up with strong abilities to create light, something like that, to be honest I never believed it until a few years ago", Sana chuckled but there was sadness on her face. She stopped in front of a painting, standing right behind the sofa Chaeyoung used to make breakfast. The board was huge and a man was sitting on a chair. There was no arrogance, but his eyes showed a strong sense of responsibility and the more Chaeyoung looked at his face, the more she felt like she saw him somewhere.

"Jihyo’s ancestor. He built this place, a century ago. He was the one who got the idea to travel around Asia to find the children from the nation and convinced them to come here. Of course it took him more than a decade to find those men and women with abilities because they were either hiding their powers or got send to torture camps, or worse, trapped inside laboratories…" Sana sighed once again and looked away from the painting. Spending time looking at the past was a very bad idea but this was the last time she had to tell about this story, Chaeyoung was the last children from the nation and this world was coming to an end. Soon, she’d be free from this cycle.

"Why gathering all of those people to one place ? Isn’t a bit risky ?" Chaeyoung tried, not really believing Sana would be able to give an answer. But she was wrong.

"If he sacrificed his life for this one mission, it’s because he heard a voice within him, telling that they were coming and that he had the possibility to stop the horror approaching. The voices basically told him that the end of the times was coming, just imagine how he must have freaked out.." Sana couldn’t avoid laughing again, but it was bitter. Indeed, the story seemed blurry and Chaeyoung was waiting for a better explanation. But Sana was tired of this story, she was tired of the years being spent in a lonely place and she probably felt trapped in a destiny she couldn’t escape.

"It still seems a bit big of a story for me, I only believe this because I know I have this uncommon capacity but.. The end of times ? Just because he heard a voice he chose to walk around Asia to find children from the nation for what ? Create an x-men team ? That sounds.." But Chaeyoung stopped talking when she saw Sana’s sad face. Those words were hurting her, deeply, like she just pushed the wrong buttons. She quickly closed , swallowing the lump on . She shouldn’t have crossed the line and forced her point of view, she thought.

"I can understand, don’t worry. I’m just sorry for you", Sana sincerity made Chaeyoung’s heart beat faster. She was sorry for her ? What for ? She walked back, putting some space between Sana and herself when she started to hear a loud buzz coming from the outside. Sana chuckled darkly, stood up and forced a smile.

"Our visitor has arrived, don’t stay close from the windows", Sana warned and Chaeyoung looked through the closed windows. A horde of bees, a hundred bees, two hundred, no millions of bees were about to hit the house.

"Holly sh-"

 

A/N : I am so impatient to write more about this story ! I have so many relationships to develop. I can't wait, I hope you're liking it !