Feelings

Emptiness Of The Heart

You did a light sleep. The fact that Hendery and Xiaojun may be friends, made you nervous. You took the bus, thinking about his possible answers.

You quickly approached them "Y/N!" said YangYang happily, while Hendery smiled fully. You greeted them, immediately turning to the black haired boy "Yesterday, I saw you with Xiaojun. Are you friends?" you tried to sound cool. The boy looked down for a moment "Our parents are co-workers and good friends". You relaxed after hearing his words.

The new teacher started calling your names. You didn't wait long "Y/N", you raised your hand for a rapid moment "Here" your voice came out silently. You heard an ironic chuckle from the back, making you turn your head to see who it was. And of course it was Xiaojun, he popped his eyebrows, while you rolled your eyes and turned forward. You really couldn't focus because of the bully, so you had no choice rather than talk to him.

The bell rang and you fell your stomach tightening "Wait for me in the cafeteria" you said to your friend, who got confused, but listened to you. Xiaojun was always the last one to leave. His steps got slower as he noticed you approaching him.

You stood in front of him "Can you stop bullying me?", the other chuckled "You gotta be happy that I pay attention to you". You tightened your fists, holding your anger back "But I'm not. Will you stop now?", Xiaojun held your jaw, getting his face closer to yours "Only whenever I want to" with that he walked passed you. You turned to see, but froze when you saw Hendery standing under the door looking at the situation. Xiaojun left, instead your friend got close to you "Ignore him, Y/N. He doesn't deserve your attention" with that you both went in the cafeteria, where YangYang was waiting.

The day finished quickly as the full program wasn't decided yet. YangYang suggested happily "Tomorrow is Saturday. You wanna hang?" both turned to you. You shrugged "Yeah. Why not?", Hendery smiled widely as he passed his arm over your shoulder, bringing you for a hug. Your heart pounded like crazy, you wished he couldn't feel it during the hug. YangYang was jumping on his spot, while making cheering sounds. They gave you a time and place, leaving from another way from yours.

You inhaled much air from your nose, a hidden smile on your face, because of the hug. You felt eyes on you, so you quickly noticed Xiaojun looking at you with frowned eyebrows in anger. He looked jealous, but you turned back at your way, knowing well enough that he couldn't be, because he hates you. Anyway your thoughts wandered back at the hug.

At Saturday, you dressed with your coolest style, wanting to make a good impression. When you arrived at the Cafe, both YangYang and Hendery stood up, looking at you in amazement. You giggled shyly, as you took what you wanted. You first hugged YangYang who hugged you warmly, instead Hendery hugged you fully. You blushed, but tried to hide by looking at the menu.

You all started drinking your coffee, enjoying the long fun conversations. YangYang noticed the tension between you and Hendery "I think I'm third-wheeling", you both giggled shyly, but you decided to speak "No no. We need you with us". The boy shot both of you a look "You would look cute together", Hendery laughed shyly as he playfully hit his younger's arm. You all had wonderful time together, not wanting to go home, but you had to.

Your ways were separate, but YangYang said "Alright. See you at school. Ah! Take her home" with that he winked at his male friend, while the other pushed him. You goodbyed him and started walking together silently. You were both shy, not uttering a word for minutes. That moment a car passed with "Regular" boosting all over from it, Hendery smiled widely and mumbled a bit of the lyrics. You also smiled "You like Regular?", he shrugged "I like NCT", you giggled "Woah! At last someone with good taste in music", which made you both laugh. 

Soon, you arrived outside your home. He stood in front of you, close enough to make you hold your breath. He smiled gently "I had fun. Hope we can hang out more often" with that he shyly scratched the back of his head. You looked deeply into his eyes "Yes, wish that too" you tied your arms around his neck, while he fully hugged your waist. You wished this moment would last longer, but it couldn't yet. Your faces inches away "See you at school" his voice low, making you study his face better "Bye" with that you walked backwards, slowly leaving. That night you couldn't sleep properly, he was running through your mind.

It was Monday, the first time in your life you were happy in this day. You really wanted to talk to your friend and get closer with Hendery. You took a good care of yourself, putting some addictive perfume on as you headed to school. You walked in the hallway, searching for both of your friends.

Xiaojun blocked your way, making you throw your shoulders down "1 week in the school and you already found a boyfriend. You're quick". You pressed your lips together before answering "I don't have a boyfriend and so what if I had?! You're jealous?!" it was more of a mocking than question. The other chuckled, placing his tongue on his back teeth "Jealous? I don't know this word because if I want something I can take it ". He brought his face really close to yours, looking each other angrily in the eyes. Then, he walked away, making the tension leave your body.

It was sport day, YangYang was energetically talking to everyone, while you were looking at him with a big smile "Y/N! I like this lesson", you giggled deeply and nodded "I can see". The teacher blew his whistle loudly "Today we're gonna play basketball. Mix boys with girls", many girls started complaining, instead you playfully pinched your friend. You were in separate teams, still you both were playing jokes on each other.

Slowly, all the girls left the game, except you. Xiaojun passed close to you and said "All girls are out, what are you waiting for?", you frowned your eyebrows, but you prefered to ignore. During the next round, Xiaojun was tackling you, his chest touching your back, his arms almost touching you.

He was a big distraction, not letting you focus at all. The opponents scored more and more each round. It was the last round for today and Xiaojun scored, making his team win. He passed his arm around you, his body touching your back fully as he whispered in your ear "Loser" with that he walked to his team. You gulped, trying to catch your breath from the game, but mostly from the other's actions.

It was break and you found Hendery waiting both of you. You sat next to each other, while YangYang was standing and talking to you. Hendery softly touched your hands, bringing even more butterflies in your stomach "So, you like sports?!", you chuckled, lowering your head for a quick moment "Yeah why not". YangYang pointed at you "She was really good, better than me" you laughed from his kind words, bumping your fists. 

You noticed Xiaojun sitting across you on the yard, piercing you with his eyes. YangYang clicked his fingers in front of your face "Y/N? Y/N?! Are you listening?", you turned your eyes away from your personal bully "Oh, sorry. I'm just tired" cheap excuse, yet YangYang continued "I wanted to say that you and Hendery should go on a date". The other boy looked down giggling, while you blushed and softly pushed YangYang "What are you saying?!". The boy also laughed a bit "I mean it. You look so cute together". You noticed Hendery looking at you with a small beautiful smirk, causing your heartbeats to increase dramatically.

Luckily, the school hours didn't last long, YangYang started gossiping about some teacher, while you and Hendery didn't really focus on what he was saying. YangYang understood that "Are you listening? Whatever! See you", this made you both laugh a bit and goodbye him. Hendery immediately turned to you when you were left alone "Y/N...about what YangYang said...I...you wanna hang out?". He blushed, as he tried to hide it by scratching the back of his head. You felt a happy yet nervous feeling on your stomach "Yeah sure. Text me the exact time and place" you tried to sound as cool as possible. The boy smiled widely at you, his eyes shining "I'm glad. Then, see you" with a first hesitant move, he hugged tightly. You bit your lower lip as you watched him almost running away. You wanted to jump in your spot, instead you started walking home with an enormous smile. You had a date with your crush.