Aftermath

Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Yongsun was about to open her post, which was lying in front of her doorstep, Hyejin and Wheein came and greeted her with a fake smile, which went unnoticed by Yongsun. Yongsuns eyes turned away from the letters and stared at the two grinning girls. The two girls stopped right in front of her Unnie. Wheein saw the first letter and was shocked to see from whom the letter was. It was undoubtedly from Byulyi. Why now, why did it have to be now. Was it a pure coincidence or was this all well planned? Wheein thought for a moment. The puppy look-alike tried to suppress her emotions and hid her shocked face pretty well under a mask, but Hyejin saw that her best friend was not feeling well. She saw that Wheein was looking at the letters and she knew, that they had ed up. The two friends knew already that Moon Byulyi flew away, after all, they drove them to the airport. Moon Byulyi, you idiot. Did you really plan all this? Hyejin figured.

Yongsun opened the door to her apartment and let the two of them in. She did not find it suspicious for her two best friends to abruptly show up at her front door. It was a natural occurrence. All of them went in and a strong scent of Yongsuns perfume could be smelled. A flower-like scent, with a touch of spice. Very pleasant and fresh. It feels like home. It brings back memories, the good ones and the bad ones. It could be your nightmare, or even a gentle hand caressing your back. Emptiness, or home.

Hyejin and Wheein went straight to the couch and Yongsun went to the kitchen to prepare some drinks. Hyejin the television and Yongsun came back with the drinks. The letters were lying on the kitchen island. Nobody seems to notice.

They talked for a while and Yongsun told them about Byulyis confession and how she had turned her down. It broke her heart, but she thought it would be best if she was honest with her. She thought, that they could still remain as friends. That nothing has changed. She wanted to call Byulyi several times, but in the end, she did it not. She thought, that Byulyi still needed time and she was willing to give her time and space, but it has been already two weeks and she did not hear from her. Not a call, a text message, not even a simple good morning or good night or a how are you. Slowly she began to worry. She wanted to call her, but maybe it would be better for Byulyi to call her first.

As Yongsun told all of this to Wheein and Hyejin, the two of them were amazingly calm. As if they already knew everything. She suspected, that they really did knew something about Byulyi she didn’t know.

“Wheein, why don’t you say anything. Or you Hyejin why aren’t the two of you not saying a single word? What’s the matter with Byulyi?” – Yongsun

“Should we really tell her the truth?” – Wheein whispered to Hyejin, so that only she could hear it.

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s for the best to tell her everything. I mean she deserves the hear the truth, but I think it will destroy Yongsun. I mean they were inseparable. They did everything together and you could clearly see, that Byulyi had some feelings for Yongsun.” – Hyejin whispered back.

The two of them began to whisper and Yongsun had finally enough.

“What’s the problem? Why are you not answering my questions? Did Byulyi tell you something? Come on, spit it out.” – Yongsun said, with a hint of annoyance.

“Ok. Yongsun hear us out and please don’t get mad.” – Wheein

“You can tell me everything. What’s the matter?” – Yongsun

“Byulyi did tell us about everything. About her confessing to you, about you rejecting her and we also know, why she isn’t calling you.” – Hyejin said, very calm but a little bit too soft.

“Oh. So, she already told you guys everything. I understand. I hope you can forgive your Unnie?” – Yongsun

“Of course. We forgive you.” The two best friends spoke at the same time.

“So now that you two already know it, why won’t Byulyi call me? I mean I am at fault too for not calling her, but why won’t she call me?” – Yongsun

The two Maknes looked at each other with a sad or maybe sour glance.

“I saw that you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter