Does anybody know if I have a wife?

Does Anybody Want a Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re that girl asking for a wife, right?!”

 

“Are you still looking for one?”

 

“I can’t believe that was you, Wendy!”

 

“Unnie, you’re still trending holy !”

 

Wendy groans into her desk, trying her best to ignore the whispers and questions she had to endure hearing the past week. Her friends always tell her she’s meme worthy and all, but Wendy just wants that stupid video of herself screaming for a wife to die already.

 

She barely even remembers that night! She only remembers entering the bar with Yeri, and drinking her life away.

 

Wendy hopes a certain Kim Yeri’s happy now that she’s gained some sort of fame alongside herself for being the uploader of the video slash “supportive” friend.

 

Yeri toys with her phone not so far away from Seungwan, cackling as she receives a string of notifications on her phone.

 

What Wendy doesn’t know won’t hurt her, Yeri thinks. The demon begins to type rapidly into her phone, while the innocent thunks her head back on the desk, clueless.

 

 

 

“Did’ya hear the news, unnie?” Yeri sashays towards Wendy’s surprisingly cluttered desk a few days later.

 

“What, am I still trending? That’s getting old, Yeri,” Wendy answers, completely done as she fixes a stack of paper.

 

“Yeah, but you’re trending for a completely different reason now!”

 

Wendy simply raises a brow. Yeri smirks devilishly.

 

“And why is that? Am I some sort of celebrity now?”

 

“Nah, your wife’s looking for you.”

 

“My what?!” Wendy’s eyes bulge out of her sockets, her body jerks so harshly that it almost knocks over the papers she just stacked.

 

“Uhuh. Who knew shouting like a desperate aging woman gets you a gorgeous wife,” Yeri shrugs, trying her best to act cool even though she wanted to laugh at her friend’s clueless face.

 

Wendy’s jaw drops; she’s completely speechless.

 

“Don’t believe me, unnie? Then what’s that wedding ring you’ve had on you for the past few--” Wendy jolts in shock as she checks her hands.

 

There is definitely a golden band. Yeri wonders how Wendy only notices now.

 

“WHAT?!” Wendy booms, and the whole office collectively sends looks of disapproval towards her desk.

 

Yeri slides her phone towards a clueless Wendy.

 

“This is my best friend Seulgi, and she’s looking for her wife…”

 

Wendy almost faints, but manages to speak.

 

“At least I’ve found my wan and only now?” Wendy tries, and Yeri’s sure her eyes just rolled to the back of her head.

 

“...See this is why your ex broke up with you, and this is also why I’m not gonna help you,” Yeri snatches her phone back and turns around to leave.

 

“Yeri, wait! I was just kidding!”

 

“Bye unnie!”

 

“Wait! Don’t leave me like she did!”

 

 

 

Wendy realizes a bit too late that she did not think this through.

 

What was she thinking, accepting a date with a person only Wanda’s (She named her drunken persona, because Wendy’s sure that a demon must’ve possessed her that night) met.

 

She didn’t even talk to her “wife” the whole time since Yeri’s been chatting with Irene for the two of them to agree on meeting each other.

 

Whenever Wendy tries to ask Yeri, she just pats her on the back and says “Trust me!”

 

How reassuring.

 

Before Wendy can make her escape a few nights later, an obnoxious Kim Yeri shoves her into her own room, locking the both of them in.

 

“You’re going on this date, unnie,” Yeri concludes and, from out of nowhere, summons a lovely evening dress from her back.

 

Wendy’s eyes widen.

 

“There is no way I’m wearing--”

 

“Stop being so choosy, unnie! It’s not like you have better clothes in that sad thing you call a closet,” Yeri snaps, interrupting Seungwan.

 

“Hey! My clothes aren't half bad!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter