Does Anybody Want A Wife?

Does Anybody Want a Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know what I think the problem is?” Wendy drawls, intoxicated after her nth shot of tequila. Yeri’s lips quirk up in amusement. She had finally gotten her unnie drunk before she was too inebriated herself.

 

“What’s the problem, unnie?” The demonic child asks innocently. This seems to piss Seungwan off.

 

“People don’t know I’m single!” Wendy slams her shot glass on the cedar countertop. She aggressively gestures the bartender to give her a refill. Yeri’s eyes briefly meet the tall bartender’s, and she could tell that they were both equally amused at the situation. After all, no one’s ever seen a drunk Wendy Son before.

 

“Oh?” Yeri questions, her finger circling the top of her wine glass, trying to act nonchalant and mature even though she wanted to snort at how stupid Wendy sounded. The moment the young woman looks up, her friend is gone.

 

“Wait, where are you going?!” Yeri quickly spots a fast yet wobbly Seungwan from a distance. Almost immediately, the young woman haphazardly slams whatever bills she could pull out from her purse onto the countertop— without forgetting to leave her number on a piece of tissue for… Joy?, or whatever her name tag read— leaving an amused bartender to her own devices.

 

After an exhausting game of cat and mouse, Yeri pants audibly as she realizes where Wendy has led them to. The young woman thinks of the worst, and of course she does because her best friend invited her for a drink to forget about her now ex-girlfriend.

 

Wendy, like the goody-two-shoes she is, always drinks in moderation. No one has ever seen Wendy drunk.

 

Until today, that is.

 

Yeri is about to close the distance until Wendy rests her hands on the roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter