Last Chapter

THE POSSESSIONS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She woke up and realized she was in the university’s clinic. At first it was all a blur but after she forced herself to remember tears started to fall. Everything was ruined, everything was a horror. Hanbin isn’t her angel, he is a monster. But how did she escape? She tried to remember…

 

She fixed her clothes and grabbed her jacket that was hanged on the chair next to her. It was odd not remembering herself in that clothes, especially bringing a jacket with her. She sneaked out not wanting to answer some questions from the school nurse. She didn’t know where to go but their convenience store. She could stay there without her mom knowing; she only gets the cash and leaves instantly.

 

Ahri tried hard to stop her tears from falling as she rode the bus and tried to remember how she managed to escape unharmed; she was sure she doesn’t feel anything weird or hurting on her body aside from her head aching which she guessed was an after-effect of what they made her drink and she was too stupid enough to obey. A face of a man suddenly flashed on her thoughts, just a glimpse and she finally remembered she was carried out but only for a second; she must’ve out after.

 

Luckily their store isn’t bankrupt yet when she arrived, “Where have you been?” the lady who have been working with them for years hugged her tightly. “Where’s mom?” she asked cautiously. “Don’t worry she won’t be back till evening. I was worried. You were gone for days…”

“I thought I’ve escaped from this cruel life but no… here I am, I have nowhere to go” she sighed and the lady reached for her hand in comfort.

 

“Before I forgot” she flinched and reached for her pocket. “Here” a crumpled envelope, “I received the mail this morning and found that, thought I’d hide it for you”

She took the envelope and saw her name. It was from her dad; she was hesitant to open it but the lady urged her, “it must be something important”

 

Dear Ahri,

Maybe you’re still mad at me by now since you haven’t been replying to my mails… I know what I did was unforgivable but I’m still hoping you’d meet me someday. I’ve been here for a month now, got a few weeks left around here and I’ll be going back to London. I’m staying in Room 10, 2nd flr, GM Tower.

If ever you’d want to talk or need anything, Dad.

 

 

Her vision was clouded with tears and wiped it angrily. She did not know what to feel; she’s mad at him but a part of her missed him, the beautiful past they have continuously flashed in her mind… it felt  like heaven for her and so she decided,

“I guess I’ll see him.”

“You should honey” the lady smiled in encouragement.

 

 

She hesitated to ring the doorbell. Her hand curved into a ball, the pain, anger was stopping her but at least he would give her shelter if he’s really sorry… She drew a long breath and finally pushed the button.

 

After a few seconds the door opened and as soon as their eyes met, his dad smiled widely, hugged her tightly and kissed her on the head, “You came. Thank you” his eyes were full of gladness that she can’t bear to tell him off.

Her dad made her come in, “How are you? I’m so sorry darling”

“So why are you here?” she asked, containing her anger.

“Business trip… and you.” he gulped in guilt, “I was hoping you’d come and here you are”

“Why did you leave me with mom?” the questions started to pour out.

“I always thought she’d take good care of you better than me”

“Well she did the exact opposite” she tried to ignore the hurt, “Can I stay here for the moment?”

“Of course. If it’s okay may I know how you’ve been? School?”

“It’s a miracle I’ve reached third year in college. The only thing mom knew was to hurt me since you left, like it was all my fault. Is it?” she glared at him trembling and he frowned, “Of course not. I’m so sorry”

“Anyway” she moved her hand away before he could reach for it, “I’m staying here for now before I’ll find somewhere to stay”

“You can stay here as long as you want”

“Thought you’ll be going back soon”

“Well since you’re here…” Every word he says was like burning her, it hurt her how he looks at her like he cares so much, “I’ll take a bath if you don’t mind” she interrupted and he could only nod.

 

“You grew up really beautiful” he commented as they sat down for dinner and she could only scoff in her thoughts. “What if” he paused worried that it might be too soon to ask, “Would you consider going with me to London?”

“And live with your mistress? With my stepsisters?” she asked ridiculously.

“They’ve always wanted to meet you”

“Oh they do” she responded sarcastically.

“They do” he assured, “Think about it”

 

 

 

Morning came and she insisted to go to work though her dad asked her to quit. A new guy caught her eyes, there was something in him she can’t comprehend. She thought it must be because he was acting weird, like he was trying to avoid eye contact on purpose.

“Who’s he?” Ahri asked one of her colleagues.

“Interested? He’s cute, isn’t he?”

“Not that…”

“Please. You never asked every time there is a new part-timer. His name is JK”

“JK?”

“That’s all I know”

 

She studied him and finally it dawned into her why she was so intrigued with his face, he looks almost the same as the one who was carrying her that night but how can she be so sure? It was only for a second.

 

He was so unsure on how to approach her but he should, she has been staring probably remembering his face. He had no means on checking up on her now but to stay close to her. He never knew it could be that hard to approach a human face to face especially the one under his care.

 

He drew a long breath and went towards her when no one was around, “Hi” he uttered awkwardly. “I’m…”

“JK” she continued, “I heard. Welcome”

“Thanks” he was still thinking what to say next when she asked, “This is so random but are you possibly the one who took me out of that house? Just ignore the question if you’re not. You just look familiar…”

“You remembered” he was surprised, he thought she was unconscious the whole time.

“So it was really you” she gasped and distanced herself in shame, “you saw me , didn’t you?”

“Well, not really… Look, it doesn’t matter”

“Of course it does!” she gave him a strange look which made him almost laugh, “But how did you… you’re not one of his friends, are you?”

“No, no… Long story but are you okay?”

She looked at him suspiciously and he can’t blame her, “You probably want something from me that’s why you did it… and you did not… touch me or do worse did you?”

“No. I didn’t do anything at you” he replied almost losing his patience feeling wronged.

“You sure?”

“Yes” he replied sharply and exhaled heavily.

“But if you’re not one of his friends then how…” she realized that the escape was impossible.

“I delivered food and saw what they’re doing to you so I… fought them” he gulped, disturbed of the lie that came out of his mouth; he felt so dirty all of a sudden.

 

“By yourself?” she eyed him from head to toe with clear doubt in her eyes; he didn’t look that muscular to beat multiple.

 

“No, I had backup. The driver” Another lie, he winced.

 

She stopped asking noticing him all stressed out like he had trouble speaking. She took out her phone and took a picture of him. “What was that?” he asked flustered. “Just in case you did something to me. You seem to be lying…”

 

“I’m not” Lie after the other. “This world is cursed” he thought.

 

“Okay for now I’ll believe you”

 

He also realized how short his temper was in his human form and he struggled so much to calm himself.

 

She bit her lip, “Thank you” she uttered uncomfortably, “You’re welcome” he replied, being able to respond to her gratitude personally was a new feeling; it made him feel proud deep inside.

Their shift finally ended; he followed her as she was going out from the crystal door when suddenly someone ran up to her and grabbed her arm. “Ahri”

 

“Hanbin” the horror was clear in her eyes as she tried to pull her arm back, “Why the look in your face?” he pouted gripping his fingers tightly on her arm making her wince in pain.

 

“Stop” he pushed Hanbin on the chest that caused him to take a step back and release her. He instinctively stood before them.

 

“Who’s this? Your new guy? How fast. Thought you said you’re mine.” He let out a playful chuckle. “You disappeared, I don’t know exactly how but you never came back” he spouted pushing JK aside but JK grabbed his arm to stop him from getting near her. Hanbin was obviously tipsy.

“I can’t believe what you did to me” Ahri gritted her teeth.

“What did I do?” Hanbin asked innocently.

“You…” she pursed her lips, “You’re a monster”

“You ungrateful ” he reached for her but he went between them instantly receiving a strong punch on the face which he immediately countered. He impulsively signaled for his sword but none came out, he fell on the ground with a strong kick on the back and received another punch on the face, “Are you okay man?” a friend of Hanbin showed up.

 

“Someone call the police!” a woman passing by yelled and two of them cursed, “We’ll be back. Lucky bastard” Hanbin muttered.

 

He struggled to sit up. Blood. It was the first time he bleed that much…and the pain was worse unlike when he was fighting as her guardian, pain felt like a poke of a needle and fades immediately.

 

Ahri ran to him, “Oh my god” she took out her handkerchief and wiped the corner of his lips and the blood flowing from his nose. “I’m fine. Thanks”

“You look far from it” she helped him up, “C’mon I’ll take you to the hospital”

“No” he uttered firmly and she exhaled, “Then I’ll take you home. What’s your address?”

His lips parted without a clue, “You can’t remember?” she panicked, “you hit your head on the ground. What’s your name?” she asked to check.

“JK?” he uttered uncomfortably, how could he choose such a name; two letters?

“Thank goodness”  she sighed in relief.

 

Her reaction made him let out a soft chuckle then he winced in pain.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter