Chapter 2

THE POSSESSIONS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

That night, Hanbin showed up at the café. Ahri was throwing out the garbage when she saw him. “Hanbin” she called out and he smiled, “Hey pretty. Come with me” he uttered. He was tipsy and it worried her, “Wait here” she went in and changed. When she got out Hanbin took her bag and carried it. He tucked her hair at the back of her ear, “Live with me”

“What?”

“I thought about what you told me about your mom. I hate seeing you being beaten like that in your house.”

She smirked feeling ridiculous, “you’re just drunk. Let’s go”

“Why are you still going home there? You can stay with me…”

“Right I can. I barely know you and I don’t even know where you live”

“You’ll know when we get there” he grinned.

She sighed, “I’ll take you home” she put his arm around her to give him balance, “lead the way”

“Yes ma’am” he giggled lazily. She could do this simple thing to him in gratitude.

She was surprised when he suddenly stopped in front of the gate of a huge house, “Is this it?”

“Yep” he wrapped his other arm around her and gave her a quick hug, “thank you. I’ll be expecting you here with me soon”

“You sound so sure”

“I’ll wait. There’s no good in staying there” he pointed at her face, “you only get that pretty face dirty” he waved goodbye, tripping his way in. “You take care” he yelled.

“You take care” she muttered, rolling her eyes with a small smile.

 

It was the same cycle; she’d arrive late and earn another bruise. She remembered what Hanbin said and hasn’t get it out of her head ever since; maybe if she’ll be with him she’ll be pain free. The next day Hanbin was present again in class so she took the opportunity to ask him, “What you said last night…” she paused in hesitation and thought maybe he was just really drunk. “Never mind”

“That I want you to live with me?” he asked and smiled, “Will you?”

“Can I?” she asked in anticipation, “what about your family?”

“I live alone. They moved out of town few months ago”

“So why didn’t you go with them?”

“It’s my last year, who would want to change schools?”

“You’re right”

“It really makes me feel lonely living alone you know” he sighed.

“So what? I’ll be your clown?”

“Not that” he laughed, “I’ll have company and you’ll be safe”

“From my mom, I guess”

“I’ll be at home waiting” Hanbin winked and gave him an assuring smile. She was glad about the offer but of course she’s still a bit unsure if she could really leave home and yet two nights just passed and she received another beating. She made up her mind and packed her bag in frustration. She waited until past midnight and snuck her way out.

 

Ahri took out her phone and rechecked the address that Hanbin sent her. It wasn’t that far from theirs; she just needs to ride a bus for a few minutes. When she arrived in front of the gate, she noticed there were people inside his house so she hesitated to ring the doorbell but then where else would she go. She pressed the button and after a few seconds Hanbin went out, “Ahri” he uttered in surprise. He opened the gate for her, “Why didn’t you call? I should’ve fetch you”

 

“I did manage to arrive alive, didn’t I?” she smiled shyly, “Am I interrupting?”

Hanbin turned and realized about his buddies, “No. no. Come in” he led her in and called the attention of everyone. “Guys, let’s call it a night. See you tomorrow?” he grinned and waved goodbye. Ahri noticed their familiar faces; they were also in the same year level as him probably his group of friends. “See you tomorrow bud” a guy tapped Hanbin’s shoulder and winked at her. Some whined on their way out.

“I’m really sorry” Ahri apologized again after everyone left, “I’m really sleepy now so you actually helped me out there.” He lied on the couch and smiled, “I finally get rid of them”

 

She looked around and sat at the cushioned chair next to him, “are you sure it’s okay for me to stay here?”

Hanbin sighed and sat up, “For now, sleep in my room. I’ll sleep here”

“What? No. I’ll sleep here” she insisted. “How inconsiderate could a man be?” he raised a brow and continued, “I wasn’t able to prepare the other room because I didn’t know you were coming so for now, you’ll be sleeping there” he stood up and dragged her to his room, “Goodnight” he smiled and closed the door behind her.

 

“Goodnight. Thank you!” she yelled from inside.

 

 

‘Will she be really safe there? For now maybe…’ He could only hope that guy, Hanbin wouldn’t do anything bad to her but his suspicions and gut feelings are always true.

 

Ahri smiled on the sight of Hanbin’s room; a typical boy’s room. There was a few clothes hanging everywhere and his blanket was folded clumsily on his bed. She picked up his clothes and started folding them. She put them on the chair next to the bed. She noticed he has his own bathroom and one side of the wall was full of posters; different posters of the same band, a hot girl wearing a bikini and some game posters. She took a quick bath and changed into her pajamas before diving into his bed. She felt guilty all of a sudden for having him sleep on the couch outside so she got up and opened the door. She was about to tell him to switch places but she noticed he was already asleep. She smiled on the sight of him; he might be her angel…

 

She woke up with Hanbin still asleep on the couch she prepared sandwich with what she could find on the fridge and tried waking him up but she’ll be late if she would wait for him.

 

She waited expectantly for him during that class they are classmates but he didn’t show up. She wondered if something happened and why he was always skipping classes… She thought maybe he can talk about it with him and persuade him if she can. It was his senior year after all, he couldn’t afford to repeat a class.

 

She was walking at the parking area on her way out, thinking how to approach him about the topic when she suddenly saw him with a girl. His hands were inside his pockets and was looking away. The girl looked angry and suddenly slapped him on the face. She gasped and immediately went the other way. She knew it’s something she shouldn’t see…

 

Ahri went directly to work and she only remembered she didn’t have any key to the house when she was changing her clothes after her shift. “What now?” he dialed his number and luckily he answered after a few rings, “What’s up?”

“Uhm. Are you already home?”

“Yup” he giggled, “feels like I have a wife”

She felt her cheeks burned, “it’s not what it sounds… I just, you know don’t have a key so…”

“Oh right. I totally forgot. I’ll give you a spare later”

“Thanks”

 

Hanbin was drinking alone when she arrived, “hey, you want to join me?”

“Maybe next time. I’m a bit tired” she replied, her shift felt longer than the usual. It was one of the days where their manpower is lacking.

He pouted and took another sip.

“Are you okay?” she asked remembering what she saw earlier.

“Yep. Why do you ask?”

“Nothing” If he’s okay then there’s no need to pry…

“You can use the guest room now” he pointed at the room across his.

“Thank you. I’ll give you my rental fee once I’m paid…”

He laughed, “You’re crazy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter