chapter three

Memo

 

"Did she mean something to you?"

 Mino returned to the apartment that night to find Seungyoon leaning against the wall with folded arms. "I heard about what happened between you and Sehun. You could have gotten expelled you know."

"I don't care." Mino muttered before closing the door, "What's  the point of all of this when we all just ing die in the end!?" He yelled making the other boy frown.

"Don't say that, you only live once after all." 

"Well I can't live like this." Mino walked past the boy before entering their shared room. He got undressed before getting into bed. He was exhausted mentally and physically. He walked for hours without once stopping. He kept asking himself why over and over. Why did this happen to Jisoo? Why her? He didn't know why he cared so much but he couldn't stop thinking about her. 

 

"Look I'm sorry hyung, but life goes on man." Seungyoon said. 

 

Mino didn't want to admit it but he was right. People died everyday and time wasn't slowing down for anyone. All he could do was move on, keep going and forget. 

 

"Just leave me alone." He pulled the bedsheets over his head and closed his eyes. Maybe he'd wake up from his nightmare, but if only it was just a nightmare. "!" Mino clutched the sheets in frustrations as tears rolled down his cheeks. He couldn't stop himself from crying anymore. He laid there bawling like a baby and over a girl he just met. He couldn't explain why he just knew that it hurt. He cried himself to sleep and when the next day came he lay there staring up at the ceiling with red brimmed eyes. 

 

 

"You're going to be late for class." Seungyoon said from the doorway. He was dressed in his uniform with his book bag hanging over his shoulder. 

 

"I'm not going." 

 

"Oh.." Seungyoon frowned, "Why not?"

 

"Because I'm just ing not." 

 

"I'll tell them you weren't feeling well, but try not screw up the rest of your life because of some random girl." Seungyoon before leaving. 

 

Mino lay there a while longer before finally getting out of bed. He went to the bathroom and stared at his reflection in the mirror for a long time. If anything he looked tired. There were dark circles under his eyes and his cheeks were a hallowed. He couldn't remember the last time he ate a decent meal. His diet only consisted of coffee and ramen. He finally turned away from his reflection and showered before getting back into bed. He didn't plan on leaving the apartment that day. He'd have only  ended up hurting someone or himself if he had. He was so angry. 

 

The day went by fast and Mino was asleep again. He slept all that afternoon and evening until the sound of a door slamming woke him up. Seungyoon had returned. He staggered into the room drunk again and fell onto the other bed.  

 

Mino watched him struggle to sit up again only to fall face first back onto his pillow.  He was out cold after that. Mino glanced at the time. It was just after 9pm. He decided to go back bed. He didn't want to miss another day of classes. 

 

He laid back down and closed his eyes and sleep came almost instantly. The next day he got and ready for school. He brushed his teeth and put on his usual clothes before heading out the door. 

 

"Are you okay?" He looked up from his locker to see a girl standing there. He recognized her from one of his classes but couldn't remember her name. 

 

"I'm fine." Mino muttered before turning away from her. 

 

"I heard about Kim Jisoo, she was the new student that transferred here last week. I can't believe this happened to her." 

 

"Why does it matter to you?" Mino asked coldly. 

 

"I could ask you the same!" The girl retorted. 

 

"Who are you?" Mino questioned, slightly annoyed by her previous response. 

 

"I'm Choi Soori and it matters to me because the same thing happened to my sister except for she didn't survive. I'm sure you've heard about that already. How she was and butchered.."

 

Mino lowered his gaze for a moment. He didn't know that she had a sister. 

 

"Sorry.." he muttered. 

 

"It's okay people don't know that we were related. I kind of kept it a secret when I started school here." Soori said before clutching her books to her chest. "I hope the police find the guy that hurt Jisoo, maybe it's the same guy who murdered my sister." 

 

"If they find him the first time they won't find him this time." Mino said before walking away. He arrived to his first class and sat down at this desk without a word. 

 

He didn't even bother paying attention to the professor as he began the lecture. Classes ended before he knew it and he was walking home when Soori approached him again. 

 

"Hey! Mino sshi!" She yelled from behind. 

 

"What now?" Mino turned to see her. 

 

It was in that moment that he had finally took in her appearance. She was had fair skin and long black hair that was tied in a ponytail. She wore a short black skirt and a white blouse with a jacket over it. Just like every girl other girl in the school had. 

 

"I just wanted to ask you something." She said.

 

"Ask me what?" 

 

"Are you planning to go to the hospital to visit Jisoo? I was thinking of going and if be nice you know if you and I went toget-"

 

"No." Mino cut her off before he continued walking. He returned to his apartment that evening to find Seungyoon still in bed. 

 

"Did you sleep all day loser?" He asked, but there was no response from the other boy. Mino shrugged it off before getting into his own bed. He stared up at the ceiling before closing his eyes. He saw no point and wasting his time going to the hospital with that girl. Jisoo wasn't waking up anytime soon and he didn't need to burden himself more by seeing her face.  

 

Speaking of faces Sehun hadn't been at school for a few days. He had to have surgery on his nose after Mino broke it into pieces. 

 

It served him right, how could he have let Jisoo get hurt if he didn't hurt her himself. 

 

Mino cleared his thoughts he had to get some sleep. He his side facing the wall and began to doze off. Hopefully tomorrow would be better because how could things possibly get any worse?